What's new

New releases from Semogue

How is everyone liking their Pegasus so far?

I’m really enjoying my Boar version.
I guess the only knock I have is the weight, not sure why they would make it so heavy. The weight feels isolated at the top of the handle under the knot, like there’s a chunk of lead in there or something. Mine weighs 98grams.

Other than that it’s a great brush, and great looking brush.
The knot is excellent.
After the 4th shave or so it got notably softer, not that I minded the fresh out of the box feel or thought it was uncomfortable in any way, just that I noticed it felt softer after the 4th use.
I have seven shaves with my Pegasus boar so far. I really like this brush and I haven't noticed it being heavy. Once I figured out that I needed to load 2x as much soap than I normally do, it's smooth sailing. It just seems like any other brush. I'm looking forward to watching it break in over the next few months. I'm glad I took the plunge and bought this brush. I almost want to buy a backup if for no other reason than because I like the way it looked new and unused.

I got to wondering on why I didn't notice the weight of this brush. It has to be because I change brushes every few days and they all weigh different so I just don't notice that.

Last edited:
Keep us posted on how it's going with these brushes. Interested in a boar version myself but I've got some years left in my SOC and just can't bring myself to cheat on her.
I just got the SOC in badger.
Obviously a different knot than the C7 boar but in regards to a handle comparison(from a bowl lathering perspective)-

I prefer the looks and length of the C7 handle, and I prefer the lighter weight and slimmer handle diameter of the SOC.
Shape is a toss up, both are good.

Overall… I think I prefer the SOC handle (though that may change in time).

I wish they made a tortoise shell & gold ring version of the SOC handle. That would be an instant buy for me.

I just got the SOC in badger.
Obviously a different knot than the C7 boar but in regards to a handle comparison(from a bowl lathering perspective)-

I prefer the looks and length of the C7 handle, and I prefer the lighter weight and slimmer handle diameter of the SOC.
Shape is a toss up, both are good.

Overall… I think I prefer the SOC handle (though that may change in time).

I wish they made a tortoise shell & gold ring version of the SOC handle. That would be an instant buy for me.
Mine is in cherry, which I preferred to to the ash, way back when. Handle and knot work really well for me. Good balance and you soon forget about the wood. Size of the knot is in many ways ideal. Not too big, not too small. Let's me access my whole face with precision swirls and strokes as necessary, unlike some larger knots where you have to face lather on a large surface area first before 'painting' elsewhere. The width:knot height:total height ratios of the SOC are outstanding for my particular knot - allowing for good stiffness and scrub with just enough splay.

There's always Rudy for that custom version . . . .

Top Bottom