What's new

New releases from Semogue

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
⇡ It's ⇡ a handle shape I like even better than the SOC handle. I like the SOC handle a lot, so that is saying a lot. My three main considerations are these.
  1. Ergonomics of the handle.
  2. How it feels in my hand in when I use it.
  3. How the handle works for me.
Maybe all of these are the same.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Last edited:

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
I'm still interested in the Pegasus Mistura, but it's going to have to wait a few months... I had a few budget busting purchases of late. I am selling off a few things to get my shaving slush fund back in shape.
Know what you mean. Some guy told me how great the Athena is, so I bought one. He was right.

Same guy has raved about the Alpha Claymore... I have one of those coming Monday.

Wonder what he's going to be selling...

I'm going to be selling some things as well. Probably 6-8 of my vintages

Last edited:

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I'm selling my Timeless Titanium 0.68OC because it feels too light for me. I already ordered an exact replacement in SS from their scratch and dent section... and will use it with a Ti Crown handle.

I won't be able to get to the PO until Thursday next week... so I'll list it sometime on Wednesday, I think. I'll shoot the photos on Monday since we head down to our son's place on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to help them out with their baby... She's amazing.. and our first grandchild.

Sadly, they didn't when I checked. I've been waiting a month for mine to be delivered from Gifts & Care.
They must’ve just gotten them in.
They weren’t there when I signed up for email notifications the other day.

Went to their website tonight to message them and ask if they knew when they were getting them in stock and there they were.
Never got any email notifications...

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I'm selling my Timeless Titanium 0.68OC because it feels too light for me. I already ordered an exact replacement in SS from their scratch and dent section... and will use it with a Ti Crown handle.

I won't be able to get to the PO until Thursday next week... so I'll list it sometime on Wednesday, I think. I'll shoot the photos on Monday since we head down to our son's place on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to help them out with their baby... She's amazing.. and our first grandchild.

Congratulations, Kim. What a blessing in your life. Thanks for sharing a bit of your joy.

Happy shaves,

Jim

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto

Congratulations, Kim!

Grandchildren are a true blessing.

Congratulations on your beloved granddaughter, Kim and on this magical moment!

Cheers!
❤️ 👶

Just received the synthetic version today. Haven't used it yet, at first glance I agree with @Obetron Rex's review, the face feel is not radically different from SOC Synthetic Sylver but it has bigger knot and stronger backbone (presumably higher density). I _guess_ it's similar fiber with different coloring.

The handle feels solid and hefty. Brighter part of the handle is semi-transparent so the appearance of handle changes with lighting angle. I really like it.

IMG_0523.jpg IMG_0524.jpg

I just received my boar. It is a beautiful brush. As mentioned before, it is a hefty handle. I have not used it yet, but, as received the knot is definitely at least as dense as their 24mm SOC knots and feels stiffer. I’m looking forward to breaking it in!

Mine came from Gifts & Care and took fully two weeks to receive.
would be nice to see a before-after break-in photo, if it isn't too much to ask :)
maybe even after the first bloom ;) I like the handle, but I'm waiting for the first impressions on the knot before I pull the trigger.

has anyone already got the boar? thoughts?
I received my Pegasus boar late last week, after about two weeks shipping from Your Shaving in Spain. I’m using it exclusively this week as I work on breaking it in, and was waiting until it turned that corner before posting impressions here. But of course we are impatient creatures, so here is a picture of the current state, and some initial thoughts.

IMG_8540.jpeg

First things first, this one definitely tips into big brush territory. You really notice the additional 2-2.5mm on the knot, compared to the SOC, and it may even be a little denser to boot. The overall feel seems to be just a touch scrubbier than the SOC, perhaps as the loft is a bit shorter relative to the width of the knot.

The handle is noticeably heavier than my SOC in taj resin. However, the balance actually works very well once I adjust my grip to hold it further back than I hold the SOC.

I’ll need several more shaves before this one breaks in and provides its best performance, but I don’t have any doubts it will be glorious once it gets there, based on my other Semogues. And, in the meantime, it sure is pretty.

I’d put the Pegasus boar right up there with the SOC as a top class premium brush, and as far as I can tell the best you can get, by a long shot, for the money. The SOC is a big medium while this one’s just big. Enough of a difference to justify having both of them in the rotation, I think, if you’re looking for justification.

Last edited:
Excellent, thanks guys!

I don't own a SOC boar, my current "reference" brush is the Proraso Pro. 2nd place goes to the Zenith 506 All bleached knot. I like big boar knots and that is why I am looking at this brush. Looks promising.

I'm not expecting it to be as soft as the Zenith, but how is it compared to the Proraso? (this is actually the softest Omega I've got)

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Excellent, thanks guys!

I don't own a SOC boar, my current "reference" brush is the Proraso Pro. 2nd place goes to the Zenith 506 All bleached knot. I like big boar knots and that is why I am looking at this brush. Looks promising.

I'm not expecting it to be as soft as the Zenith, but how is it compared to the Proraso? (this is actually the softest Omega I've got)

Have you tried an unbleached 507 Zenith? Amazing brushes.

Top Bottom