What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

The MMA Thread

its amazing after a fight like that either guy doesnt have some damage lasting the rest of the year, let alone indefinitely. poirier always seemed to be able to take punches and get in some big brawls, kinda like diego

It definitely makes you wonder how many years it will take off their fight career. Same thing for zang vs joanna.

I will always dislike cain for taking years off junior dos Santos career, he was never the same after those fights.

Yup . . . that is why the "next" fight after a war is so key, imo. If they take the time to heel, and get things right, then they can likely still do okay. If they don't, like JdS, then it's a pretty sharp decline, because they will just get battered again in their next fight.

I mean, look how quickly Chuck faded after that huge KO loss.

Yup . . . that is why the "next" fight after a war is so key, imo. If they take the time to heel, and get things right, then they can likely still do okay. If they don't, like JdS, then it's a pretty sharp decline, because they will just get battered again in their next fight.

I mean, look how quickly Chuck faded after that huge KO loss.
Chuck went from being invincible to getting brutally knocked out over and over again. It was pretty tough.