What's new

The MMA Thread

Man, what a bummer of a fight last night. I was hoping Joe benavidez would win.

If he had made it past the 1st round, that could've been a 10-7 round.

Legion

Staff member
Hell of a fight last night. So happy Stipe won the trilogy.
He deserved it, but it's a shame to see Cormier retire on a low note, especially with his eye half poked out. Not that Cormier is a stranger to poking people in the eye.

Last edited:
He deserved it, but it's a shame to see Cormier retire on a low note, especially with his eye half poked out. Not that Cormier is a stranger to poking people in the eye.
Yes, i didn't like that at all.

I've been very vocal that I dislike dc in this thread, but that was a bad eyepoke. Apparently he suffered a torn cornea. According to Ariel helwani he will not have to undergo surgery.

But let's not forget that Stipe had to get eye surgery because of what dc did in the previous fight.

I will say that his eye looked bad before the eyepoke, when stipe landed a combination that dropped dc, but the eyepoke didn't help things. I think he was still losing before that happened.

Not surprised by DC's loss. It's been somewhat obvious the main reason for hanging around in his mind was the possibility of a Jones fight at HW. But that was NEVER going to happen. If I am Stipe, I tell Jones to shove it (unless Stipe wants a "retirement payday") just on principle.

Not surprised by DC's loss. It's been somewhat obvious the main reason for hanging around in his mind was the possibility of a Jones fight at HW. But that was NEVER going to happen. If I am Stipe, I tell Jones to shove it (unless Stipe wants a "retirement payday") just on principle.

The next fight should be Stipe Ngannou 2. Ngannou looks a lot better since his loss to Stipe.

Breaking:

Screenshot_20200817-162524_Instagram.jpg

My issue with Colby is this . . . he acts like he is some "uncrowned champion". The reality is far different when you look closely at his record. Look at his last 5 fights, as an example. Woodley, Usman, Lawler, Dos Anjos, and Maia.

Surely we can all admit that, while those five have great reputations in MMA, only ONE is actually still in their ascendency career-wise. And Usman just happens to be the loss on Covington's record. So, yeah, he can only fight the people put in front of him . . . and, while I will not disrespect ANY of the four fighters who lost to him, they are clearly closer to the end of their careers than the start. In short, they are fighters he "should" beat.

Put him up against Burns, Edwards, or Masvidal, and lets see him face a stiffer test.

Top Bottom