What's new

Meal Prep

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
After reading your post, it seems like you have successfully prepped meals for a week, but I don't understand how to safely store them. How do you manage to store a week's worth of food and keep it fresh without compromising its safety? Do you have any tips for food storage containers or best practices for refrigerating or freezing meals? Do you think a commercial cooler would be necessary for storing meals for a week, or are there other storage solutions that would work just as well?
Well, I usually eat any pre-made food within 5 days (that's the max). I normally would nuke anything in the microwave (except my overnight oats). I haven't had any issues with it.

I believe the FDA recommends 3-4 days max (they have a chart on their website). If you won't get to it that quickly, the FDA then recommends the freezer. In those cases, make sure that you have the smallest patch of air touching the food otherwise you will end-up with freezer burn.

For containers, Costco was liquidating Ello containers. They are glass with a plastic lid that clips on the container. They seal pretty well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom