What's new

The MMA Thread

its amazing after a fight like that either guy doesnt have some damage lasting the rest of the year, let alone indefinitely. poirier always seemed to be able to take punches and get in some big brawls, kinda like diego

It definitely makes you wonder how many years it will take off their fight career. Same thing for zang vs joanna.

I will always dislike cain for taking years off junior dos Santos career, he was never the same after those fights.

Yup . . . that is why the "next" fight after a war is so key, imo. If they take the time to heel, and get things right, then they can likely still do okay. If they don't, like JdS, then it's a pretty sharp decline, because they will just get battered again in their next fight.

I mean, look how quickly Chuck faded after that huge KO loss.

Yup . . . that is why the "next" fight after a war is so key, imo. If they take the time to heel, and get things right, then they can likely still do okay. If they don't, like JdS, then it's a pretty sharp decline, because they will just get battered again in their next fight.

I mean, look how quickly Chuck faded after that huge KO loss.

Chuck went from being invincible to getting brutally knocked out over and over again. It was pretty tough.

I feel Max won that fight. I had it 3-2 for Holloway.

It was nice to see Aldo use kicks, it really sucked to see him lose. And damn that ref, he let Aldo take so much unnecessary punishment.

It's shame that usman was too scared to fight Masvidal like he fought Colby. Sure, he fought smart, but damn was it boring. Wall n stall and lay n pray isn't what I wanted to see.

I feel Max won that fight. I had it 3-2 for Holloway.

It was nice to see Aldo use kicks, it really sucked to see him lose. And damn that ref, he let Aldo take so much unnecessary punishment.

It's shame that usman was too scared to fight Masvidal like he fought Colby. Sure, he fought smart, but damn was it boring. Wall n stall and lay n pray isn't what I wanted to see.

You basically took the thoughts right out of my head.

The frustrating thing is seeing people say "well you gotta really beat the champ to get a decision." Where was that logic when Max was the champ...

You basically took the thoughts right out of my head.

The frustrating thing is seeing people say "well you gotta really beat the champ to get a decision." Where was that logic when Max was the champ...
What do you think of this?

The UFC will hold three more events on Fight Island over the next two weeks, and the promotion may tighten up its officials. Unlike domestic events in the States where the athletic commission determines the judges, in the case of an international event like this one, the UFC has a say in who judges and officiates the fights so we can hope to see Dana White bringing in more competent judges.

What do you think of this?

The UFC will hold three more events on Fight Island over the next two weeks, and the promotion may tighten up its officials. Unlike domestic events in the States where the athletic commission determines the judges, in the case of an international event like this one, the UFC has a say in who judges and officiates the fights so we can hope to see Dana White bringing in more competent judges.

I'm all for it. There's got to be a better solution.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
If "Fight Island" allows the UFC to pick its own (competent) judges, this virus thing may finally change ... dare I say fix ... that nagging problem.

Legion

Staff member
Wonder how much Jorge got paid. Last I heard he was gonna quit UFC because he wasn’t getting enough.

And least I can say that I don’t feel he dialed in just to take a check. He lost, but I think he did well with just a weeks notice. Went the distance, and if it had been against an all opponent who was more inclined to slug it out, he could have done better.

Getting pinned up against the fence and getting your foot stomped on all night would be pretty frustrating for a fighter like him.

Last edited:
Wonder how much Jorge got paid. Last I heard he was gonna quit UFC because he wasn’t getting enough.

And least I can say that I don’t feel he dialed in just to take a check. He lost, but I think he did well with just a weeks notice. Went the distance, and if it had been against an all opponent who was more inclined to slug it out, he could have done better.

Getting pinned up against the fence and getting your foot stomped on all night would be pretty frustrating for a fighter like him.

I'm sure he got paid well. His main gripe was about not getting a bigger portion of the PPV draws. Then they drew 1.15 million buys or something crazy like that.

For 6 days notice against the champ that dethrone Woodley, and beat up Covington is awesome. He should get an immediate rematch with a full training camp.

Top Bottom