What's new

The great 3D Printing thread

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Here is the screw up plug version.

Another shaving stick holder for shaving soap sticks that eliminates the need to poke a hole in the center of your shave stick for it to fit in commercially available tubes.
This utilizes an included tool to screw a plug up from the bottom to push the shave stick up.
This is uploaded to allow others to test print, first test print is in progress but I do not have confirmation yet that everything works exactly as planned.
Once test prints are completed, I will update with any necessary tweaks.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Last one is the traditional Gillette style tube, with manual push up plug.

Last shaving stick holder for shaving soap sticks that eliminates the need to poke a hole in the center of your shave stick for it to fit in commercially available tubes.
This utilizes the traditional shave stick type push up plug to push the shave stick up.
This is uploaded to allow others to test print, first test print is in progress but I do not have confirmation yet that everything works exactly as planned.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Ok, here is the full length push up tube.

A shaving stick holder for shaving soap sticks that eliminates the need to poke a hole in the center of your shave stick for it to fit in commercially available tubes.

The cap on this tube is a bit too tight, could use another .005 or .01 inch increase in inside diameter. I managed a fit with some filing work.
The push rod to outer tube is a good friction fit that keeps the outer tube from sliding down on its own.
The outer tube inner diameter is slightly larger than necessary for the Speick, Palmolive and Wilkinson Sword sticks, but I imagine the small amount of extra clearance is not an issue once the shave stick gets wet and pushed around a bit.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Last one is the traditional Gillette style tube, with manual push up plug.

Last shaving stick holder for shaving soap sticks that eliminates the need to poke a hole in the center of your shave stick for it to fit in commercially available tubes.
This utilizes the traditional shave stick type push up plug to push the shave stick up.

I can see already that wall thickness is way too thin on the cap. I'll bump that up along with anything else that becomes apparent when print is done.

New Arko in wrapper is 1.310" Dia. X 3.3" long.

All I use is shave sticks, so I'll be printing a few of these. Thanks. 🏁

2021-07-12 14_20_43-Photo - Google Photos - Brave.png

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
New Arko in wrapper is 1.310" Dia. X 3.3" long.

All I use is shave sticks, so I'll be printing a few of these. Thanks. 🏁

View attachment 1295697

Thanks, looks like the others are about 1.1875 by just under 3. I think I had enough room in the first example to fit an arko stick.
Remember that these have not been fully tested as posted and might need some tweaking to get fitment right.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
FWIW, the labels I created for the shave sticks.
I can't see why they would have an issue, but I am told that someone had something pulled for a brand name use. This is clearly fair use as you are buying the product to put in the container, and the companies involved do not make these containers.
Anyway, just in case, you might want to grab them while you can.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I dont have a 3d printer but could I commission a member to print me a travel case for my rockwell 6s? Can be very basic.

Fayiz D.

We cannot in any way shape or form do commission work here. This is for sharing information free of charge. There may be a member who would print one out for you no charge out of the goodness of his heart, but soliciting or participating in anything which might be conceived as sales here might get our thread cancelled. We don't want that.

if you would give me a sketch up of what you are interested in, and some measurements necessary for things to fit, I could give it a go for you. This is a no charge to you design kind of thing, and if it is doable, I wouldn't mind printing one out and sending it off to you.

We cannot in any way shape or form do commission work here. This is for sharing information free of charge. There may be a member who would print one out for you no charge out of the goodness of his heart, but soliciting or participating in anything which might be conceived as sales here might get our thread cancelled. We don't want that.

if you would give me a sketch up of what you are interested in, and some measurements necessary for things to fit, I could give it a go for you. This is a no charge to you design kind of thing, and if it is doable, I wouldn't mind printing one out and sending it off to you.
I have a few case designs that can be easily modified and resized. I can offer design time and upload the file if you like. Here's an example.
SOTD Stoll Jr (2).jpg

Oh shoot i didn't think about that. I'm sorry about that. When I get home I'll measure my rockwell 6s. Thank you so much

Fayiz D.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Just saw this on Thingiverse, could easily be modified. This is for the 6C/6S Rockwell and includes a lather bowl, insert and lid.

First thing I'd do is add some one inch cutouts to make it easier to remove the insert from the bowl.
Image1.jpg

Last edited:
I'd need at a minimum the dimensions and quantities of the pieces involved.

View attachment 1295949View attachment 1295951
Just saw this on Thingiverse, could easily be modified. This is for the 6C/6S Rockwell and includes a lather bowl, insert and lid.

First thing I'd do is add some one inch cutouts to make it easier to remove the insert from the bowl.View attachment 1295976
Sorry I haven't gotten deminsions, hospital shifts are killing me. That bowl/ case looks perfect!

Fayiz D.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I've been tinkering with the bowl kit and tried to see what it would look like with a little extra storage.
I double sided the lid, and added the bowl inverted to the top, with vent holes.
That would allow the storage of some soap/cream, a brush and a small bottle of AS.
Could print it with a both a single and double lid so that if you didn't want the extra storage it would be an easy change.
The kit is 5 3/4 inches wide, and even with the added bowl storage on top the overall height is only 3 3/4 inches.

The stl file is attached. Has the generic cut out for a 3 piece razor, and the option to print one or two lids.

Image2.jpg

Attachments

• Travel kit.zip
    6.5 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I'm going to give the kit a test print. I'll swap over to PLA first, I don't want to mess around with PETG on what is probably going to be a multi-run test.

Top Bottom