What's new

The BRGAS (Back Roads Gold Appreciation Society)

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have a few Vintage razors I’ll be sending Chris in a couple months. I’m probably going to have him re-plate my Bayonetta in his 24K hardened gold as well. Two of the Vintage Gillettes are gold wash so I think I’ll end up with 3 golds and one mirror nickel. Doing one order should reduce the shipping costs.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Beautiful Mirror Nickel replate on my 1912.

IMG_5521.jpegIMG_5522.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Beautiful.

I'm looking forward to getting the 4 razors I sent Chris back in my hands... He had a problem with my Y2 SuperSpeed... It looks like it had been re-plated by someone previously and the plating peeled off when he cleaned it....

He also let me know this morning... the 1933 Canada NEW Regent Long Comb must be semi-rare. It's the first one he's ever seen in the over 10,000 razors he's re-plated. That's sort of cool.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
My photos don't do these razors justice but here are a couple photos of the 4 razors Chris did for me.

Left to right:

1. GoodFellasSmile Bayonetta (24K hardened gold)
2. 1934 NEW Red Black Short Comb (24K hardened gold)
3. 1933? NEW Canada Regent Long Comb (24K hardened gold)
4. 1953 Y2 SuperSpeed (white platinum) birth year and quarter

RS_Chris_BRG1.jpg

RS_Chris_BRG2.jpg

I only have a few Vintage razors, but I'd trust him with any razor I have that requires/needs re-plating. I have limited experience, so factor that in, but these 4 razors look like factory fresh, as if this was the original design/plating.

Thank you, Chris....

Top Bottom