What's new

The Ammo Shortage

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Well maybe 5.56 will start becoming more available. Estimates are 600000 M4s and 2000 rounds per rifle were "left behind". That's 1.2B rounds of ammo. I'd guess half that in 9MM as well! If it's not going there maybe we will see some "stock" start to show up!

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Back from Walmart. 🤡

🤔 Not only were there four boxes of 350 Legend, they had two boxes of a new defensive 22 round from Winchester.

proxy.php

I'm foolish enough to carry 22 for SD, in low risk circumstances. Breaks into four chunks plus base, optimized for short barrels. Sounds good.

🤔 I'll have to get the opinion of some local gangsta squirrels. They are always having turf wars over nuts.

AA

Back from Walmart. 🤡

🤔 Not only were there four boxes of 350 Legend, they had two boxes of a new defensive 22 round from Winchester.

proxy.php

I'm foolish enough to carry 22 for SD, in low risk circumstances. Breaks into four chunks plus base, optimized for short barrels. Sounds good.

🤔 I'll have to get the opinion of some local gangsta squirrels. They are always having turf wars over nuts.

AA

I stopped by Walmart this morning myself. Looks like someone finally bought the 3 boxes of 350 Legend they had but they still have about 10 boxes of 7.62x39. I guess the AK guys didn't get the memo about the ammo shortage and start hoarding like the AR guys.

They also had some 22lr in black boxes of 50 for $9.96. I couldn't get close enough to see what it was and no one was around so I passed. I may have to go back and see if it's the Silvertip.

I've also carried a 22lr for SD. It's better than the one you left at home. My little Bobcat fits nicely in the waistband of swim trunks under a tee-shirt at the lake.

2021-08-27 15.03.10.jpg

2021-08-27 15.04.20.jpg

Not with the suppressor though, I might get some looks carrying it in the front of my trunks that way. :clown: :wink2:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I stopped by Walmart this morning myself. Looks like someone finally bought the 3 boxes of 350 Legend they had but they still have about 10 boxes of 7.62x39. I guess the AK guys didn't get the memo about the ammo shortage and start hoarding like the AR guys.

They also had some 22lr in black boxes of 50 for $9.96. I couldn't get close enough to see what it was and no one was around so I passed. I may have to go back and see if it's the Silvertip.

I've also carried a 22lr for SD. It's better than the one you left at home. My little Bobcat fits nicely in the waistband of swim trunks under a tee-shirt at the lake.

View attachment 1318156

View attachment 1318158

Not with the suppressor though, I might get some looks carrying it in the front of my trunks that way. :clown: :wink2:

Those Bobcats can be highly reliable. I shot one that went under water, had considerable pitting, and was 100% reliable.

AA

One thing I notice with the ammo shortage for popular calibers is that there is plenty of .22 and .17HMR on the shelves.

Either of these will put a critter in the pot. More deer and Elk have been taken by .22 than any other caliber ... not that it was legal to do so, but shot placement is key.

GT Dist had 115G Blazer Aluminum @ 15.99 a box. No limit v. 2 boxes per month.
.40 cal was 20.99. 45 ACP was 26.99 IIRC.

They Had in USA 5.56 at 550 a case per 1k.

Italian Buckshot at 18ish per box of 25.

ARs back in stock to include Magpul Colt [email protected]

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Back from Walmart. 🤡

proxy.php

AA
I'll carry a .22 for PD. I figure 16 rounds of HVHP will get the point across. I have had folks say things like "A .22 won't even go thru my jacket." I usually smile and say "OK, get your jacket and lets go test that theory." They NEVER accept! Weird, right? 🤷‍♂️

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'll carry a .22 for PD. I figure 16 rounds of HVHP will get the point across. I have had folks say things like "A .22 won't even go thru my jacket." I usually smile and say "OK, get your jacket and lets go test that theory." They NEVER accept! Weird, right? 🤷‍♂️
I've been carrying my old LCR practice .22 lately.

I sure wouldn't want to get hit in the jacket with it. AND it has 8 rounds...

GT Distributors in my area dropped the two box per month limited on "practice" and "duty" ammo per caliber.

This is in direct contrast to a few months ago when they pivoted from the above to no ammo sales unless you were buying a firearm.

Yesterday they had 9mm Alum Blazer at 15.99@50. 40 cal @ 20.99 and .45 @ 24.99.

Some 5.56 at 55-60 cents per round. Some Italian 00 Buck at .70 cents per round. Duty rounds were available for about 40%-50% more across the board.

They are cautiously optimistic that supply is coming back on line.

They also had ARs from Colt and Springfield Armory back in stock (6920@999/Saint@ 899)

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I am here to tell ya, the situation has improved by a factor of 5!

vvv.jpg

That is, if you shoot 350 Legend.

No one here does.

AA

Top Bottom