What's new

Wanting a Gun safe maybe Black Friday deal

I am wanting a gun safe and looking for ideas and deals. I want the safe to have room for several long guns and pistols, but also may be to store coins, and or other valuables. I will not be storing ammo in the safe. I do not know what size I want, probably a medium sized one.
I really want a mechanical combination lock but with getting older more than likely a digital. The reason being long term eye sight and dexterity.
Concerned about theft then fire not concerned about flood.
I will be putting the safe in the basement in a room I will be constructing. The room will be around 8' x 8' and have a locking door.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Best Black Friday deals year after year I have seen are the Winchester safes at Tractor Supply. 50% off deals are kinda the norm. $300 bucks can get you a $600 safe, $600 will get you a $1200 dollar safe, so on and so on.

IMG_4227.jpeg

Did a LOT of research. Liberty and Ft. Knox came out on top. Better price on the Liberty safe gave them the edge.

Tractor Supply has a 64 gun Cannon on Black Friday sale for $899. I bought a 64 gun Cannon from there several years ago. I can only assume it is the same one. I open it 2+ times a day. I have had no trouble out of the digital lock.

OkieStubble

Tractor Supply has a 64 gun Cannon on Black Friday sale for $899. I bought a 64 gun Cannon from there several years ago. I can only assume it is the same one. I open it 2+ times a day. I have had no trouble out of the digital lock.

A 64 gun Cannon safe for $899 wins the thread imo. :)

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
While we are on the topic how do you move a safe? A big *** dolly and a bunch of guys?

My safes are both Liberty 64 models. Approximately…. Hold 12-15 average sized pistols. 6-8 long guns. Scoped rifles take up 2 slots.
IMG_1626.jpeg

Paid the place I bought it from to deliver it. Well worth it.
This. It won't be cheap, but it's worth it.

While we are on the topic how do you move a safe? A big *** dolly and a bunch of guys?
A friend and myself helped my brother in law move his monster Liberty. He had a low riding utility trailer, and we ended up pushing it, using wooden dowels as a rolling bed, just like the slaves moved the Pharaoh's pyramid blocks! Worked great. :biggrin1:.

I have moved a lot of safes. My 24 gun is 600 lbs. I have moved it several times. I put it on a hand truck and had someone push on it to help me get it tipped. After that rolling it alone was easy.

The heaviest I moved was 1100 pounds. We used furniture pipes for rollers at one move. On another, we used furniture sliders. It was a 2 man job.

OkieStubble

I'm looking at the Liberty 64 gun safe at Tractor Supply. By the way, the safes never hold as many guns as they advertise. Buy as big as you can afford.

Well, while it’s a scary, fearful sight, I probably have 25ish guns stuffed into a 18 gun safe, so it can be done. :)

Top Bottom