What's new

Team TWSBI

Good used ones, although all Pelikans are going up, up, up. Last one I got was $65, beautiful black one. I take it you haven't carried one yet. :mellow:

I have snagged two near-mint to mint condition 1990s M200s for about $60 each over the last year. Another I paid about $100 for, but it had an OB nib that I want Greg Minuskin to grind to an OB stub.

-Andy

The 530 and it's (perhaps premature) replacement 540 were the worst offenders. I don't think anywhere still stocks them now? Certainly no one recommends them.
580 was the replacement for the 540 and to the best of my knowledge, there's never been a problem with the 580.
I have heard of odd problems with the mini too. I don't think there were issues on the same scale as the 530, but it can happen and I don't think the mini was ever updated.
The Vac's seem totally unaffected too.

So, 580 fine, Vac fine, mini probably fine.

Mini also suffers from the cracking issues, mostly around the threads.

Am due for my third replacement barrel

Their CS is fantastic (has to be I suppose) luckily the mini is such a great pen that it's worth the trouble (IMO)
i once had one, and the customer service is/was fantastic....i just got tired of having to use it....that's what i meant about the gift that keeps on giving i guess....they keep giving you new parts as long as you keep requesting them.

i once had one, and the customer service is/was fantastic....i just got tired of having to use it....that's what i meant about the gift that keeps on giving i guess....they keep giving you new parts as long as you keep requesting them.

I know exactly what you mean, am still on the fence about contacting them for the third barrel.
Sure they will replace, but really can't be bothered, perhaps once it starts leaking I might, but until then....

Step 1) remove BrianW from friends list.
Step 2) purchase TWSBI of choice.

Step 3) be removed from Brian's Christmas Card list.

Step 4) invite TWSBI service department to dinner

Hahaha. Perfect, thanks!! :thumbup:

I just picked up a 540, hoping the cracking issues don't affect this one! :bored: At least the nib sets are interchangeable...

Looking forward to my first "real" FP, after slews of No-Nonsense's. Also snagged several bottles of ink - some nicer than I would've bought otherwise (Iroshizuku & Sailor).

I had to join the party $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401764469.909666.jpg

Just ordered.

It appears that a Rose Gold Mini is also in the pipeline

$10364032_721353414573442_7031346430678125656_n.jpg

And the Eco doesn't look too bad, I like that wrench :thumbsup:

$10462534_721748024533981_276108371949634447_n.jpg

Top Bottom