What's new

Team TWSBI

Greetings from Mendel!

There is the BOTOC (Brotherhood of the Open Comb), Tech Tuesdays (for Gillette Tech lovers), and of course several other threads honoring beloved products.

I now bring to you...Team TWSBI (sorry Brianw). If you love your TWSBI(s), this is the thread for you. With that being said, I love my blue TWSBI 540! It writes great, is comfortable to hold, and hasn't cracked for you TWSBI naysayers.

So where do we go from here? Perhaps an appropriate next step is to tell us more about your TWSBI(s).

I have a feeling this thread is going to be nuked by BrianW....but that being said, I love my TWSBI 530 Diamond F nib. And even better, I won it in a PIF from our illustrious fellow steward, Dave258!

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I have to say I am on Brian's side now. There was a time that I would recommend this pen as a great starter. With all the cracking and nib issues, I am falling out of favor of the brand :(

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I knew there was something I liked about youse Isaac :lol:

I am like a child, and you the parent. I didnt want to listen, and had to learn for myself. The whole time i could have saved the trouble if I had just listened to begin with.. :)

I love my 540 fine nib, but unfortunately so does SWMBO. Mine has been missing for several weeks in the depths of her purse.

I am like a child, and you the parent. I didnt want to listen, and had to learn for myself. The whole time i could have saved the trouble if I had just listened to begin with.. :)

Well then I guess I am the rebellious child, because I still love me some TWSBI! Right now, I have 5 of them, 2x 540, 2x mini 1x vac 700. The Vac 700 was the only one I had a problem with, but now that they changed the nibs I am good to go! I have owned others, maybe a total of 10 all together, I had 1 section crack and it was no big deal.

I have a feeling this thread is going to be nuked by BrianW....but that being said, I love my TWSBI 530 Diamond F nib. And even better, I won it in a PIF from our illustrious fellow steward, Dave258!

That was a long time ago Ed, glad you still are enjoying it!

Well then I guess I am the rebellious child, because I still love me some TWSBI! Right now, I have 5 of them, 2x 540, 2x mini 1x vac 700. The Vac 700 was the only one I had a problem with, but now that they changed the nibs I am good to go! I have owned others, maybe a total of 10 all together, I had 1 section crack and it was no big deal.

Will you buy the 580 when it comes out?

wow Its almost worth getting a twsbi just to become a member and have fun at Brian's expense, although it would come from my expenses so ill have to see if it still feels funny tomorrow

wow Its almost worth getting a twsbi just to become a member and have fun at Brian's expense, although it would come from my expenses so ill have to see if it still feels funny tomorrow

Trust me. It will still be funny tomorrow.

A TWSBI Diamond 530 was my third ever fountain pen. First I got a Pilot 78G in fine that was like writing with a needle. If it wasn't for the Lamy Safari that I ordered the day after the 78G, I would have not been where I am today. I would have never ordered another pen after using the 78G. So the TWSBI was really my second FP.
If I was a more experienced user, that had more pens and seen it all when TWSBI hit the streets, maybe I wouldn't have cared for them either...

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I have a 540 with a 1.1 nib.
The grip cracked and Speedy sent me a new one.
The grip cracked again, Speedy sent me two grips.
The Barrel cracked and the piston fell out. I sent it back and he replaced it.

If nothing else, he has good customer service.

I've been contemplating buying one for a while now. I think I'll wait for the 580 to come out, then as Clark W. Griswold said " go for it "

I really like the idea of a demonstrator with a piston fill as opposed to a cartridge converter.

I have a 540 with a 1.1 nib.
The grip cracked and Speedy sent me a new one.
The grip cracked again, Speedy sent me two grips.
The Barrel cracked and the piston fell out. I sent it back and he replaced it.

If nothing else, he has good customer service.

Good thing, eh?

-Andy

Top Bottom