What's new

Novelty CINTIKA / CA DANIELS&CO razor

ERS4

My exploding razor knows secrets
Cinta razor-全部.jpg

CINTIKA may be a unique series of TRAC II compatible razors, I think they deserve a separate thread..

Philippe Starck is said to have said of his Alessi classic juicer, "It's not meant to squeeze lemons, it is meant to start conversations." The CINTIKA razor from the 1990s certainly had the same effect.
These "CA DANIELS&CO" razors, usually engraved with "CINTIKA", were designed by talented sculptor/art creator Cindy (Cynthia A Daniels).
All kinds of weird-themed razors are realized in his hands, such as push lawnmowers, golf clubs, leaf rakes, mermaids, staffs, shells, faces, frogs... Absurd shapes don't care much about the “form follow function”. She does whatever she wants "because I think it's fun."
The author's cold jokes add to the overall fun, and it can be seen that Cindy is completely content with her creation.
Not only the official website has a half-joking description of each knife, but the physical manual is also written as a humorous short story. It would be a pity if that piece of paper was not kept.
The company has been closed for many years, and the official website stopped maintenance a long time ago, so some operating functions are invalid; it also mentioned that her creative enthusiasm has turned to visual images, which is really a loss for razor lovers.
------My CINTIKA------
●Prince Shavingwell
This is the first CINTIKA razor I chose because it is more suitable for actual holding and use than other styles; after being made of resin and hand-painted, it looks like a living frog, which is extremely cute.
The instruction manual contains a whole page of self-pleasure stories that have nothing to do with use. The author also tells us that the frog prince is named "Shavingwell" and "kiss it...magic will fill the air."
Cinta razor-01 Prince Shavingwell.jpg

●Yawnmower
The thin bronze handle looks awkward, but the concept is too funny.
Everyone jokes that "shaving = weeding", Cindy actually does it. It was also deliberately named "Yawnmower" according to the situation of "yawn" when shaving in the morning, which is another lame joke!
Cinta razor-02 Yawnmower.jpg

Reaping Lizard
The most compact travel style, based on the critically endangered species "Fiji banded iguana" in Fiji and Tonga.
The short story imagined by the author is that in order to adapt to the life of the 20th century, the descendants of dinosaurs have developed the skill of chewing leaves to a new height... "Iguana wanna shave" is so imaginative! !
Cinta razor-03 Reaping Lizard.jpg

●Porgy ‘n Bass
An underwater world made of bronze sculptures is one of the most exciting among CINTIKA razors, and second-hand items are relatively rare, but don’t think that the author is serious this time.
"Porgy" and "Bass" come from the George Gershwin classic musical "Porgy and Bess" that we are familiar with; Naughty Cindy even recorded a piece of song/Rap to go with this razor↓
Porgy and bass swimming in the sea,
S-H-A-V-I-N-G
First comes love ,then this adage

Soon you have your hairs all trimmed and managed.
Cinta razor-04 Porgy ‘n Bass.jpg

------
If you like to decorate your cabinet with AVON vintage bottles, then CINTIKA can also bring a lot of fun.
Friends who own Cintika razors are welcome to post your razors in this thread.

Last edited:

ERS4

Cintika razors are not very expensive either. They are the price of ordinary household accessories. Most models can be easily found for tens of dollars. They may have been a popular and fun gift in those years.

Some styles are harder to come across, so you can only rely on luck.

ERS4

I love these!

If they were made compatible with DE's, I'd be hunting ebay now!
It's a pity that they are cartridges.

But I have considered cutting a Gillette click head to transform.
Functionality can be easily expanded without taking too much time.

ERS4

I love these!

If they were made compatible with DE's, I'd be hunting ebay now!
After a simple surgery, I can now use the all-fun Trac II compatible handle for DE shaving.
We can see that the head angle will not be too tilted after installation, so it is very close to our original habit of using DE.

TRAC II x DE-01.jpg

Of course the Gillette click is not a fancy DE head, but it gives me more options for use.
TRAC II x DE-03.jpg

Top Bottom