What's new

Tabactober/Razorocktober/LoCtober 2017

Sorry, I'm doing Arktober, all Arko, all the time. Shaving, hand washing, showering. I've been working through 15 sticks and I'm going to finish. That means nothing else until I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I'm doing Arktober, all Arko, all the time. Shaving, hand washing, showering. I've been working through 15 sticks and I'm going to finish. That means nothing else until I do.

Does arko work as a body soap??

I'm in for Razorocktober and a couple of other goals.

RazoRock DE-1 with Gillette Silver Blue going for first Excalibur attempt
RazoRock Don Donato (3017)
RazoRock Ivory Plissoft brush
Clubman AS (3017)

Does arko work as a body soap??
Shave soaps may be formulated for shaving, but they are still soap. I'm not sure how they compare to regular soaps as far as hand washing goes, but they do a reasonable job in the shower. Though a different product might be a good idea if you need deep cleaning, such as after a long workout, yard work, etc. That, and shave soaps tend to cost quite a bit more per oz than regular body soaps.

Got a great shave today Plissoft Bruce, Caribbean Holiday soap and my Parker Variant on setting 4. It always seems to amaze me how easy this soap is to lather. It's the only RR soap I've tried so will need to buy some others if they are all as good as this.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Tabacorocktober started off in my den with bang!

proxy.php

Other than the busted bowl, the shave was fantastic. Looking forward to this month.

Kicked off a new puck of Cade, pre shave shot but it didn't look much different after lathering. A bit of research on this soap yielded mixed reviews but first shave was very nice. Used a slightly less wet than normal B&B boar and got a better than average first try with a new soap. Time will tell but :clap: so far.

proxy.php

Proraso white pre - Tabac soap - SOC 2-band badger - Razorock German 37 slant - Wilkinson Sword - Tabac as

I didn't like the slant and the blade much, but the soap helped to make the shave a good one.

Ah... I love October

October 2nd
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Soap/cream: Tabac
Brush: Semogue Owner's Club
Aftershave1: Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
Aftershave2: Tabac

IMG_20171001_203706.jpg

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I used Tabac yesterday and couldn't stop running the brush across my face. I'm going to really enjoy this month.
Gott543 that's shaving soap abuse.

I used Tabac yesterday and couldn't stop running the brush across my face. I'm going to really enjoy this month.
Gott543 that's shaving soap abuse.

I actually saved the entire amount, so no soap was harmed in the breaking of my dish [emoji851]

SOTD Monday, October 2, 2017
"RazoRock-tober 2017"
Prep: Shower/Warm face towel
Soap: RazoRock Al Sapone
Razor: Gillette Super 84 Adjustable
Blade: Derby Premium Black
Brush: RazoRock 22mm Synthetic
Talc: Clubman
Aftershave: RazoRock Al Sapone
proxy.php

I'm in! I have 4 Razorock soaps, 3 aftershaves and 2 of their synthetic brushes. The German 37 slant is my preferred razor. And, if we get a cold snap here I have Tabac soap, balm and cologne.

October 2nd

With the temperatures definitely taking a plunge, I decided to switch to Tabac.

Razor: 34c
Soap: Tabac
AS: Tabac

Tabac is definitely a great performer, so easy to lather and delivering a slick, dense and protective, but scent wise, after a longer break, I always need a few shaves to appreciate it...

Top Bottom