What's new

Razor wars - comparing razors in my den

Have any trends or clear front-runners appeared?
Working on it David. This week I am using my Greencult 1.0 I think I can report the next review somewhere on Sunday.

But in terms of front running I do see the Athena, Ti95 and Rocca as leaders of the pack. Especially the Rocca - if I knew then what I know now I would have bought a Rocca and use that for the rest of my shaves. But I didn’t and so now I have more razors that fit that bill! Haha! Top razor in the collection currently remains my Ti95.

Cheers,

Guido

Funny how that works. I bought a Rocca last year on a whim because of a super sale and couldn't sell it fast enough!
Yeah I know. Well there are more candidates. The Greencult for example is cheaper than the Rocca, but can deliver just as good a result.

But I have many razors that could or should have been the ONE. Razorine Flatboy comes to mind, my beloved Fatip, and Matador or Swing. All excellent daily shavers.

But I don’t have to tell you how that works! Do I, Larry LRad?! Haha!

Cheers,

Guido

Funny how that works. I bought a Rocca last year on a whim because of a super sale and couldn't sell it fast enough!

As @Guido75 knows, I sold my Rocca earlier this year because I just never really fell in love with it.

Looking back, I would say this was a mistake. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that! I increasingly appreciate what an exceptional razor it is for the money.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Looking back, I would say this was a mistake. Absence makes the heart grow fonder and all that! I increasingly appreciate what an exceptional razor it is for the money.
Look forward... lots of new still unknown razor designs to explore. You, or rather I, never know before which one will excite me in the end or not, despite years of shaving and cupboards full of razors. Good luck finding exciting new razors in 2024! :)

Next up: the Blackland Blackbird versus Greencult 2.0 with baseplate II.

You can find all the details here.

Earlier comparisons:
  • Karve CB OC-C versus Eclipse Red Ring here.
  • NEW Raised Flat Bottom and the Matador Deluxe here.
  • Mühle Rocca and Mühle R89 here.
  • Greencult 1.0 versus Swing here.
  • R89 versus KCG versus Tech here.

A new comparison shave series has been completed. Mühle Rocca versus Razorock Game Changer .84OC.

Earlier comparisons:
  • Blackbird versus Greencult 2.0 II here.

Do not think I could say to anyone who ask what Razor to use or how Razor works would be unfair, I can make suggest on my personal experience only.

We all have different skin, beards, beard thicknesses, beard growth patterns, and last sensitivities to out skin.

What works for me ming not work for you, shaving is trail, efrror, and collecting info for your perfect setup. Razor, Blade, Brush, and Soap.

Do not think I could say to anyone who ask what Razor to use or how Razor works would be unfair, I can make suggest on my personal experience only.

We all have different skin, beards, beard thicknesses, beard growth patterns, and last sensitivities to out skin.

What works for me ming not work for you, shaving is trail, efrror, and collecting info for your perfect setup. Razor, Blade, Brush, and Soap.
I don’t either - I do find it helpful to read about what works for you and what your setup was. That might just give me the next action step in my own journey.

At least that’s where I am coming from.

Cheers,

Guido

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I don’t either - I do find it helpful to read about what works for you and what your setup was. That might just give me the next action step in my own journey.

At least that’s where I am coming from.

Cheers,

Guido
I'm with you, Guido... We find people here who share our shaving needs... razor efficiency, soap reviews... brushes... you name it. I'm a follower, not a pioneer... I keep mentioning it... but I never make a purchase that doesn't have the B&B seal of approval from someone who shares what I like and need.

I'm with you, Guido... We find people here who share our shaving needs... razor efficiency, soap reviews... brushes... you name it. I'm a follower, not a pioneer... I keep mentioning it... but I never make a purchase that doesn't have the B&B seal of approval from someone who shares what I like and need.
@Guido75 @Phoenixkh you guys are exactly right. Even blissfully happy with my locked four for over three years, the apple cart got flipped. I enjoy exploring other gents shaves and I guess that’s just part of the hobby. Their life situations thrown in make the reading that much more educational and fascinating. I never really thought that I wouldn’t make changes but I needed to be reassured in my mind with my experiences that a change would be an improvement. So getting a new shaving head and handle was a big step. I fell out of the acquisition stage with all components a few years back. Some never do and that’s fine exploration can be so much fun. Even though my passes have diminished and comfort has improved there will always be an itch that sometimes gets scratched.

Yet another comparison shave series - this time two giants: Blackland's Blackbird against Timeless' Ti95SCL.

Earlier comparisons:
  • Blackbird versus Greencult 2.0 II here.
  • Mühle Rocca versus Razorock Game Changer .84OC here.

Top Bottom