What's new

Tabactober/Razorocktober/LoCtober 2017

Which vendor has the best prices on Tabac products? Are there any good German vendors that ship to the US? I have more than enough shaving products but acquisition disorders could be enabled through some very tempting prices.

$8.56 shipped free for a refill on amazon proved too tempting for me. Takes a while to arrive since it comes form Europe but hard to pass up a deal like this.

$8.56 shipped free for a refill on amazon proved too tempting for me. Takes a while to arrive since it comes form Europe but hard to pass up a deal like this.
Yeah, that's where mine came from too. Though I'm starting to feel increasingly guilty about buying from the giant; I don't want to be partly responsible for the smaller stores (especially B&B suppoters) closing down.

These days I'm trying to limit Amazon purchases to odds and ends that can't be found together in a smaller store. And, of course, the "I need it NOW" purchases. Sadly, the two day shipping seems like it's gotten pretty sloppy. One such "two day" order from last night isn't expected to arrive until Wednesday. Call me crazy, but I don't consider ~6 days equal to two.

Yeah, that's where mine came from too. Though I'm starting to feel increasingly guilty about buying from the giant; I don't want to be partly responsible for the smaller stores (especially B&B suppoters) closing down.

These days I'm trying to limit Amazon purchases to odds and ends that can't be found together in a smaller store. And, of course, the "I need it NOW" purchases. Sadly, the two day shipping seems like it's gotten pretty sloppy. One such "two day" order from last night isn't expected to arrive until Wednesday. Call me crazy, but I don't consider ~6 days equal to two.

Was it shipped directly from Amazon or from a seller who just uses their platform? Most sellers could care less about 2 day shipping even if they use the Prime label.

On the flip side, many small businesses do sell stuff through Amazon's marketplace platform. Even grandmothers at home knitting hats.

Was it shipped directly from Amazon or from a seller who just uses their platform?
I don't remember offhand, but the items were all listed as Prime shipping--meaning it should be "guaranteed" two day shipping. I'm pretty understanding about a minor delay, but nearly six days is not anywhere close to the claimed two days. It really makes me rethink being a Prime member. If the shipping is just as long as standard, why not cancel and just get a Netflix subscription?

Don't have the Cade, and I am participating in the pass around, so I will be devieting a bit. Plenty of Tabac, Mudder Focker, and, Amici to get me by.

All of my RazoRock is summery scents, so ill be putting that away soon.

I don't have any L'Occitane in the den at the moment, but I know how good it is.

My Tabac is lined up and ready. I'm just waiting for the temp to drop below 40F before I use it the first time this season.

I'm definitely in. Will be finishing up Razorock Mudder Focker and occasionally use Tabac soap.
Razorock razor and brush as well.

October 1st

As it is still a bit too warm around here for Tabac, I decided to start the topic with Cade. It offered me a pretty nice two-pass shave with Dovo 5/8, Cade shaving soap and Cade aftershave balm.

Today I have used the Tabac soap for the very first time ever and was surprised that the scent was less dominant than I had expected it to be. The aftershave has a much stronger smell.
The slick lather led to a real close shave and protected my skin perfectly for the rest of the day. I am very impressed.

Great thread! Fall is my favorite time of the year so I will be joining in. I don't have any Cade but I do have Tabac and Razorock. There was some frost this morning so I broke out the Tabac...
20171001_105430.jpg

Started Tabactober (and OCtober) with:

Tabac soap
Tabac aftershave
Tabac cologne
and my Gillette New Tuckaway

and since it will a month of Tabac I continued in the "Soap of the Month Club"

I'm in. This ties in nicely with my latest 3017 effort. I started a new container of RR XXX Duro today and will use it every shave to its completion.

Today's shave:

OneBlade Genesis
Feather FHS
SOC Boar
RR XXX Duro

I started Tabactober at 03:00 UTC.
Tabac soap (of course)
RazoRock Mission razor with Bolzano blade
AS was a non-proprietery blend of Nice Sensitive and Osage rub.

I have half a dozen RR soaps and aftershaves, so I'll be rotating through all of this during this special month.

Top Bottom