What's new

Super-Max blades

I started a new Diamond Edge today and it was very smooth. I still don’t think it is quite as efficient as the BD Titanium, but I wasn’t pushing it hard and I was using it in a milder razor.

It’s a good blade for me and I like it.
Thanks for the followup! I have a 100 hundred waiting for me. Looking forward to trying them in a few months.

Going to a subcontractor to manufacture the Winner Stainless is a first for Gillette, and is a disgraceful thing for me. The Winner Platinum is indeed pretty good. The Stainless is a subpar product in my opinion.

Let's not forget worldwide Gillette has a 120 year old footing. Super-Max have been making blades since only 2008. You ask people who use DE blades in my counrty (and most of us have terrible black whiskers) if they would buy Super-Max or Gillette, they will say undoubtedly Gillette. Around 2016-17 Super-Max even dropped the DE blade here (Only Super-Max Super Platinum has ever been sold) They tried with disposables, but all you keep hearing here and there is how dull they are. I have used a couple of models, and can confirm that.
I am not sure what you mean by super max made since only 2008.

Vidyut metallics has been making shaving products since before I was born and I was born in the last century.

Super-Max was everywhere as Gillette was getting it's act ready for making and selling blades in India directly.

Suoer-Max was a King way back in the 80s is what I can personally vouch.

I am not sure what you mean by super max made since only 2008.

Vidyut metallics has been making shaving products since before I was born and I was born in the last century.

Super-Max was everywhere as Gillette was getting it's act ready for making and selling blades in India directly.

Suoer-Max was a King way back in the 80s is what I can personally vouch.
All I know is that Super-Max Blue Diamond Platinum is a good blade for me.

I did a re-stock of Russian blades back when relations started going seriously sideways.

After seeing this thread, I just ordered 100 of my favored Super-Max. I will be sorry to see Super-Max leave the market, but I am now fully re-stocked.

It just seems strange to be doing all my blade buying under the pressure of changes at the base of the supply chain.

All I know is that Super-Max Blue Diamond Platinum is a good blade for me.

I did a re-stock of Russian blades back when relations started going seriously sideways.

After seeing this thread, I just ordered 100 of my favored Super-Max. I will be sorry to see Super-Max leave the market, but I am now fully re-stocked.

It just seems strange to be doing all my blade buying under the pressure of changes at the base of the supply chain.
I recall seeing a post from a thread from a few years ago where a seemingly knowledgeable Russian insider stated that were were (then) in the golden age of blades, but that the market was rapidly consolidating and collapsing.

This reminds me that years ago, someone gifted me a small tube of SuperMax labeled shave cream. I'm sure someone else made it but I can't factually claim that. It had a strong scent of tea tree that I enjoy, and it lathered like a champ. That was nice stuff, and I wish I knew who had produced it on the off chance it is still made under another label.

Vi-John is an Indian made cream with tea tree oil added. Looks like that could be your candidate.

I love my Super-Max blades. I stocked up on the top of the line Super Platinums about ten years ago before they got very scarce. Then more recently when I learned that they had come back as the Diamond Edge Super Platinums I made sure I was set for life. Sorry to hear that they are out of production. Glad I stocked up.

View attachment 1699858

View attachment 1699859
Razorbladesclub has Diamond Edge but looks a bit different packaging. Do you think they are the Super Platinum? The description says Platinum but the box looks different.

Razorbladesclub has Diamond Edge but looks a bit different packaging. Do you think they are the Super Platinum? The description says Platinum but the box looks different.
I thought the Diamond Edge was the replacement to the Super-Max Blue Diamond. Haven't used either yet, but they generally get good reviews.

It's too bad Super-Max is out of business. I like their blades.

I ordered those from that same vendor, just used one recently, and the blades are labeled platinum on the blade itself, for what it's worth.

One of my favorite tucks because of the disclaimer about the meaning of "diamond edge".
PXL_20240116_011649781.jpg

Sorry for the late reply. It's hard to say. The image they are using is of a portion of the packaging so it could be the real thing or not. Super-Max had several different blades with similar sounding names but as far as I know they only ever used the "Super Platinum" description for the original Super Platinum blades and more recently the Diamond Edge blades.

I bought a box of the Diamond Edge blades. They were fine. They don't reach the heights of Bic CP, Vietnam Gillette Super Thin Platinums (Japan Steel) or Gillette Plat "Swedes" for me but if they were the only blade I had, I could make it work.

Top Bottom