What's new

Super-Max blades

So I tried several Super-Max blades and I was pleasantly surprised how well they have worked for me. My favorites so far have been the Super Stainless (blue wrapper) and the Blue Diamond Platinums. On my recent order from RBC, I ordered two of each Super-Max/Vidyut blades that are currently available that I haven't tried before to try for myself. I get a kick out of the "plus" blades! Here is a pic of just the Super-Max blades I ordered:

IMG_20230808_185014290.jpg

The main plant of Super Max has closed down a few months back. Legendary Super Max brands are all off the shelves now here in India.
Oh dear. While there may be many different models of DE blade, there aren't that many manufacturers any more.

Did we just lose a major source of blade diversity?

Oh dear. While there may be many different models of DE blade, there aren't that many manufacturers any more.

This is the prelude to the Shaveapocalypse! When the manufacturer that has 1st place in the world by volume closes its main plant you know things are going down. Next thing - Gillette decide to drop DE blades. :c1:

Why do you think I have been hoarding blades for decades?

I like those Platinums. Purchased several hundred many years ago for $8 per 100. eBay seller that worked for an airline and the blades were confiscated. There are still NOS out there but the prices have raised, (Amazon has a third party seller @$9.99/100, maybe only one set, who knows) and I decided to move on when I run out.

Last edited:

Blade diversity in India has mushroomed. I see so many new blades. Vertice, RK, zircon, blades like Glatz, silvermax

Mind boggling selections.

Posting a link to a blade sampler from ebay to show the kind of diversity.

Blade diversity in India has mushroomed. I see so many new blades. Vertice, RK, zircon, blades like Glatz, silvermax

Mind boggling selections.

Posting a link to a blade sampler from ebay to show the kind of diversity.

Wonderful! It is good to see, then, that it is not just decline for DE blades. India is keeping this sine qua non part of DE culture alive.

This is the prelude to the Shaveapocalypse! When the manufacturer that has 1st place in the world by volume closes its main plant you know things are going down. Next thing - Gillette decide to drop DE blades. :c1:

Why do you think I have been hoarding blades for decades?
Nothing at all to do with the sheer fun of buying truckloads of blades?

Or the simple satisfaction of beholding your hoard, like a dragon who cares only for silvery glinting? :)

Sad to hear about Super-Max picked up a 100 pack of Platinums a few years back and have been very happy with their performance and longevity. At least there is such a wide variety of DE blades on the market.

I love my Super-Max blades. I stocked up on the top of the line Super Platinums about ten years ago before they got very scarce. Then more recently when I learned that they had come back as the Diamond Edge Super Platinums I made sure I was set for life. Sorry to hear that they are out of production. Glad I stocked up.

blades.jpg

Super-Max Diamond Edge.jpg

Top Bottom