What's new

Are they the same thing? Super-Max

Hi, I am curious if Super-Max Super Stainless is the same as Super-Max Super Stainless Blue. I did try searching in this forum but couldn't find anything relevant.

If you mean these:

1704296390899.png

And these:

1704296417922.png

In my opinion they are not the same thing. Neither of them are very sharp, although the blue ones were a bit sharper / smoother for me (I only tried them in shavettes, I suspect they wouldn't be sharp enough to work for me in a DE).

SuperMax was infamous for changing their packaging on a regular basis, or having different packaging for the same blade for different markets. It's very hard at times to actually identify their blades based on that.

I find these to be fairly decent blades. Sharp enough for my admittedly easy to shave whiskers, and decently smooth. I haven't used their other stainless offerings to compare.
1704299833033.png

Hi, I am curious if Super-Max Super Stainless is the same as Super-Max Super Stainless Blue. I did try searching in this forum but couldn't find anything relevant.

This is on my mind. I just ordered some Super-Max tucks to compare them but sadly didn't include the Super Stainless Blue, which I'm regretting now.

This is on my mind. I just ordered some Super-Max tucks to compare them but sadly didn't include the Super Stainless Blue, which I'm regretting now.
I just bit down on the trap and ordered a pack. Should get here Friday.

I found a post on another shaving forum where an English guy seems to be spend considerably time and effort testing and classifying Super-Max blades. He argues the Super Stainless Blue is essentially the same thing as the Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium. He doesn't give them a great rating..."workable" is his opinion.

I hope I like these more than he did.

I just bit down on the trap and ordered a pack. Should get here Friday.

I found a post on another shaving forum where an English guy seems to be spend considerably time and effort testing and classifying Super-Max blades. He argues the Super Stainless Blue is essentially the same thing as the Super-Max Blue Diamond Titanium. He doesn't give them a great rating..."workable" is his opinion.

I hope I like these more than he did.
Interesting. I consider the Blue Diamond Titaniums one of my favorite blades. Funny how that works.

One of my favorites….SuperMax super stainless blue box (the one @Goblin posted). Bought 200 of them for less than $20. Great blade for me.

I haven’t tried any of the other ones shown here.

I think Super Max would just change the packaging for marketing purposes. I have seen lots of variations over the years.

I have some in the green box that says "Super Stainless Green" and a variety of others. I haven't used one in a long time. I will have to bring some out to try again.

No. On the local (Ukraine) classifieds website.
I also found some Super-Max Super Stainless Blue. I've never experimented with those. However, I'm certain I won't be making an order. I'm concerned that I'll end up with more blades than I can ever utilize in my lifetime (even without factoring in the possibility of an untimely demise due to war and shelling :letterk1:).

No. On the local (Ukraine) classifieds website.
I also found some Super-Max Super Stainless Blue. I've never experimented with those. However, I'm certain I won't be making an order. I'm concerned that I'll end up with more blades than I can ever utilize in my lifetime (even without factoring in the possibility of an untimely demise due to war and shelling :letterk1:).
@smartpc Bless you, sir.

Top Bottom