What's new

Super- and Uber-latherers, where are you?

I laid down a small base of Lea stick on the face and because I like some scent to a lather, put some CO Bigelow on the brush.

I'll be using this combo again! Fantastico!

I occasionally drop a little Palmolive (or other creme) into my lathering mug, then load the brush with a hard soap. That seems to give me a bit more protective and "creamy" lather, which, however, will cause my face to dry more than using just the normal triple milled soap. Thus, heavier moisturizer is needed afterwards.

I am doing exactly the same with adding Palmolive cream to Proraso soap that I added to my brush. I love the slickness I get, however, I do feel that I need to find another combination that doesn't dry that fast on my face.

Forgot to specify that I will always do combinations depending on what I feel like, but never test something new when is important to be properly shaved.

Last edited:
I tried to super face lather last night. Got all over the place. lol. i loaded my brush with that soap you get at WM and put some CO Bigelow in my bowl. Mixed it up a bit and then brought the brush up to my face. next thing i know, I have lather flying all over me, the sink, counter...

This morning I mixed up some Mystic Water Sensitive Soap, Nivea Mild Cream, and Glycerine. Very good, protective lather. I will be using this one again. I may even use the Astra SP blade for a fourth time in a couple of days.

Every blue moon (maybe every fortnight) I do a superlather with KMF or La Toja cream on top of whatever soap I may be using. I created a frankensoap with Williams and some KMF Lavender that is a ready to go superlather.

I tried a new Uber lather approach today using Tabac, Glycerine, and AOS unscented shave cream. In the past I've tried just Proraso and Bigelow cream and while I enjoyed the menthol bomb it offers (especially if followed up with Floid Blue or Aqua Velva) but this was just ridiculous. To be honest, I doubt I'll do it again, it was just way too thick for my taste but if someone likes combination with some serious density, go for it.

Top Bottom