What's new

I'm tired of Useless YouTube shaving videos!

The Shaving Movement of 2024. This has to be some kind of joke, right?
He's got a point but he may be wasting his time if his channel audience are already enlightened. I remember back in the mid 1990s, when the Internet was opening up, those of us who believed in the merits of traditional dial up text based Bulletin Board Systems and Fidonet technology messaging networks spent ages talking amongst ourselves about how to 'convert' people.
The trick is to get outside your comfort zone and engage new people outside the community like giving a good starter DE razor for Christmas, birthdays, etc to someone that might show an interest. Something entry level like a Rockwell 2C where it's not too expensive and got a bit of adjustment with a safe beginner learning setting and a normal setting that is good enough for shaves better than any cartridge system.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
The trick is to get outside your comfort zone and engage new people outside the community like giving a good starter DE razor for Christmas, birthdays, etc to someone that might show an interest.

How is that going to make me stop chasing BBS connectivity? My parents have a 1200 baud modem and their Mac was upgraded to 512k!

I know why do I do this to myself.
Biggest you tube shill did a advent calander shave (12 shaving videos) with one artisans product. Also he is reading copy of of websites in his mailbag. So nice of him to read to me. His channel is pretty much is an infomercial.
I wonder when he last did a video where he used products he paid for vs other viewers sending it to him for free.

I found a fun way to watch useless YouTube shaving videos or at least more tolerable.

When watching a YouTube video on a PC you can hold the left mouse button down to make the video play at double speed.

Here are some of the benefits of doing this is.

• The video ends quicker.
  • The audio proceeds quicker and changes pitch, it is still intelligible and can be amusing.
  • Fast play video can make a video funnier and has long been used by Hollywood for humorous effect. It can at least make a useless video more tolerable.
  • If you implement the double time feature, you can watch more useless YouTube shaving videos.
I hope this helps you with your useless YouTube shaving videos viewing. Do you have any other benefits of using the double time feature that I did not list? If so, please comment and keep the conversation going. Also don’t forget to subscribe, it’s more important than actually watching the videos.

He's ultimately just shilling to get people to use his affiliate links.
I never heard of him, I watched the video in the embedded player in this topic. I just opened the video on YouTube and LOL, wth is wrong his his video description? He has so many affiliate links in it, it looks like a complete website! This is the first time I saw this on YouTube. IMHO these kind of YouTubers are hard to trust with their reviews because they'll never say anything negative about a product they're reviewing. I love those reviews in which the reviewer starts with "This is not a sponsored video" "I paid for this product with my hard earned money". Nowadays it's rare to find those kind of people, that's why I stick to reviews on this forum. Who would you believe? Some dude who gets stuff for free as long as he says good things about it, or some random dude on this board who paid for a product and will be tougher on reviewing it because he has paid for it?

This is why I love this board, almost everytime when I search for a review of a shaving product I end up on this forum via Google. Amazon reviews are pretty accurate IMHO too.

I’ve watched almost every shaving guy on YouTube for learning purposes. Most interesting/useful/entertaining are PaulH, SinatraLenon, Geofatboy and the guy from Wet the face

Top Bottom