What's new

Speakeasy Aquisitions -- February 2010

Anyone score something indulgent from their SWMBO on Valentines Day? :thumbup:

show off those acquisitions -- liquor, smokes, or what have you for February!

February I'm in the mood for liqueurs, so I picked up some Fernet Branca:

proxy.php

It's huge in San Francisco amongst bartenders and locals, and has trickled down to Los Angeles where I reside sometime late last year. I picked it up visiting relatives some years back and it's a damn fine drink with an acquired taste.

The two best ways to serve it is either with Soda water/Tonic water, or I've found more recently, with Ginger Ale. Mix 2:1 (2 ginger ale to 1 fernet) over ice and sip. A shot is good as an after-dinner digestive, and since it's flavor is so opposite most bar drinks, it's great to bring to parties without anyone mooching any.

I can't really describe the taste, people have said "Jagermeister if it didn't have sugar". That's far from it, but the closest description I've heard that could pass. It's truely unique and fairly inexpensive (I got mine $24.99/750ML).

Cheers!

Relocating my job and on top of a great party and a few very nice lunches recieved some J.W. in Blue, Green, and Gold plus a nice sampler from J.R's. :biggrin1:

picture.php

Tom

Hey enjoy your acquisitions everybody:001_tt1: I gotta get me a cigar with a note of chocolate and a nice cigar cutter:confused1Anybody recommend me a cigar?

Today I got me a cheapo Santa Ana chocolate scented cigar and a cheapo cigar cutter:w00t:Now for an opportunity to try them

Last edited:
Last night I picked up two bottles of wine, a 2007 Frescobaldi Castiglioni Chianti and a 2007 Clos La Coutale Cahors. And to be entirely irresponsible, I got a bottle of 12 year old Macallan. I should be pretty busy for a while now.

My wife got a new book on bourbon cocktails and was tearing through my low to mid range stash. I had to make a trip for her to get some Elijag Craig 12 yo and Amaretto.

Top Bottom