What's new

🇺🇸 🇨🇦 🇲🇽 🇨🇺 🇧🇸 🇯🇲 🇬🇱 🇵🇷 SOTD - “North American” Theme Week - February 5th - 11th, 2024 🇺🇸 🇨🇦 🇲🇽 🇨🇺 🇧🇸 🇯🇲 🇬🇱 🇵🇷

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, B&Bers!

This week’s SOTD Theme is “North America”.

We want to see your soaps, razors, aftershaves, fragrances, scuttles, blades and any other shaving accessories made in North America. Show us and tell us all about what shaving products you are using from USA, Canada, Mexico and other N.A. countries/territories.

Do you have a Haitian soap? A shaving brush made in Greenland? A pre-Castro Cuban razor? If so, pretty weird, but show us! Pull out that St. John’s Bay Rum cologne from the US Virgin Islands for a change. Let’s see your Wolfman, Razorock, Rockwell and Karve razors from Canada and B&M, Noble Otter, Southern Witchcrafts and Declaration Grooming soaps from the USA. How about American made Personna Lab/Med Prep blades?

The North American continent covers over 9.5M square miles, so most of you should own SOME gear from this part of the globe!

Nothing North American themed? Please still post a pic of your usual shaving setups. Or post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Let’s see lots of NA themed posts this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see your North American shaving gear!

Menthol Monday SOTD
20240204_164705.jpg

Razor: Gillette Red Tip
Blade: Rapira Swedish SuperSteel (D1)
Brush: Semogue Shave Nook Final Edition 26.5mm
Bowl: Georgetown 4.5” Opal-Iron-Rim
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Iced Enigma Machine Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Soap: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper

Old School Menthol Monday

Beautiful shave on the Empire with a sixth use Personna blade. Smooth & efficient. Capped off by a generous dose of some Bay Rum splash and of course Williams Aqua Velva. Smell like a man.

Wilkinson Sword Empire Straight Bar Razor
Personna SS Injector Blade (6X) Modified
Moon Soaps Union
Alpha Shaving Big Red Brush
Suavecito Bay Rum Splash
Williams Aqua Velva Aftershave

118AFA83-CBEB-45B5-8276-4FF0AC9C70D1-compressed.jpeg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
Paladin El Dorado
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson Al**
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Every Man Jack ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the second shave with the Henson Al** with a Personna Medical Prep blade. Another perfect shave: close, smooth, and with no irritation. It may be a mild razor, but I consistently get perfect shaves with it. I finished it off with my usual Thayers WH – toner. The AsB today is Every Man Jack. I don’t get much of a scent from the ASB but my fragrance takes care of that. Have a great day and week, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, February 5th 2024

Razor : Gem Micromatic Flying wing(Aka= MM-bullet tip, Guiding eye, MMFW.....) Mfg 1947-50, mild > tame mid range. Excellent razor for milder shaving or folks with skin issues + its a Micromatic razor built to last generations. I like to use this milder Micromatic with a fresh blade (1-4 shaves) works well for close shaving. This morning had a close comfortable shave!
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE blade(2) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : TOBS Herbal Sandalwood, nice fragrance of herbs and sandalwood 7/10 scent strength with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Moka express" 26mm 2band badger. Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. Great shave brush that works well for my shaving needs. Knot is large size but still manageable to smear lather.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Proraso red AS lotion with witch hazel + a dollop of Geo F Trumper Sandalwood skin food.
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Micromatic flying wing with a Gem coated blade. (Cotton balled tested and one small tuff showing, Cotton ball confirms a close shave today!)
SOTD Febuaruy 5 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Brush : Wolf Whiskers custom 25mm synthetic
Razor: Timeless Ti .68
Blade: Gillette Perma Sharp Super Stainless
Soap: Barrister and Mann Fougère Angelique
Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Fougère Angelique
EdP: Barrister and Mann Fougère Angelique
6D21A2D5-3626-4C7A-86D1-77277C7EDAB1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
SOTD February 5th 2024 2024 🇺🇸 🇨🇦 🇲🇽 🇨🇺 🇧🇸 🇯🇲 🇬🇱 🇵🇷
February 2024 GRUME
The 15th Annual One Blade in February Challenge
MdC Monday

Hello friends

A beautiful start to the week. The sun shines. I chose MdC Original, it seemed perfect for today. Gillette Nacet stands strong, like new, for the third OBIF shave. Semogue SOC Boar used for the first time this year so I left it to soak all night. It was wonderful, soft yet with a good backbone and generous with the lather. Greencult 2.0 plate II has become my standard razor in recent months. I completed the shave with Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla, my favorite from Pinaud.

With us, the most exciting singer of all time, Billie Holiday.

Rating: 10

Have a nice week and great shaves!
❤️🪒

FD253073-EDE2-4178-AE2C-387641DC068E.jpeg
IMG_4832.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom