Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue SOC 2-band
Veleiro Creme para Barbear
LUSO
Derby Extra
Thayers Witch Hazel lavender
Veleiro ASB

proxy.php

Another smooth shave with the LUSO razor. This razor works very well, despite its flimsy appearance. Very mild, you've got to look out for the angle, because if it's not with the correct one, she doesn't shave at all! But with the correct angle and technique, it delivers a very comfortable, close shave.

Veleiro is an entire range of men grooming products made by the Portuguese company Confiança, a company that is more than a hundred years old. And I didn't used nothing from this range of products for quite a while. But I have to use them more often, 'cos my other half today came close to me and asked "What's that you're wearing today? It smells so good!"
And that is priceless. :001_wub:

I personally want to thank my friend and great B&B member Emanuel for posting these brief descriptions on the Portuguese products. Last week, when planning this "themed week", I asked Emanuel if he could add some comments and info on the history/formulation/performance of his wonderful home-land shaving products. And Emanuel is already doing a terrific job! :thumbup1:

PREP: Shower and Conditioner in Beard
BRUSH: Simpson Chubby-2
SOAP/CREAM: D.R. Harris Almond + AK 1869 + Glycerin
RAZOR: Buddel 7/8 French Point in Suminagashi
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan
AS: Sabon
EDT: Guerlain Vetiver (Vintage)
RESULT: Stupendous! I got some great news yesterday morning: I received an offer from a large international law firm I'd been interviewing with since April. So, I felt like it was time to have a little celebration shave. The hardware and software in this shave are all top notch, and they performed as such. The sweet smell of almond filled the shave den while the moist lather worked its magic on my face. The Buddel is one of the best razors I've ever had the privilege of holding, let along using, and it effortlessly removed my 24 hours of growth. The first pass worked so well that the blade felt like it was sticking to my face on the second. I left the den feeling great and with a BBS that can't be believed.

proxy.php

Bill, that news was just waiting to be said. I am so pleased for you.:001_smile
The Harris/AK combo sounds divine:001_wub:

41" Gillette Ranger Tech
Derby Extra (3)
Barbershop Boar Brush
Arko Maximum Comfort SC
Clubman/Pinaud Bay Rum AS

Clayton

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: 24mm Morris & Forndran Blonde Badger
Maxterpiece: 6/8" T.R. Cadman & Sons "Bengall", Full Hollow Ground, Spike Point (original Ivory scales)
Strop: 40/55/55 (Neil Miller Linen / Imperial #1 Horsehide leather / Imperial #2 Cordovan leather)
Überlather: Provence Santé "Verlaine" Shave Creme + Provence Santé "Verlaine" Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Rose Petal, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Provence Santé "Verlaine" AS
Results: I was in the mood to take out this beautiful Bengall today. She is such a wonderfully delicate, yet strong blade. Elegant in every regard :001_wub:. Max kept her in pristine original condition (just like a factory, showroom finish). The Provence Santé is one great product. Granted, it's not MdC, but great enough. The scent is clean and the lather uberlicious. I had a wonderful time with the prep. By the time I was done with this shave, my face was ultra CBS and irritation free
proxy.php
. I am ready for my day
proxy.php
. It was so good that I thought I had died and gone to Heaven. All shaves should be this good . BBS and ready for whatever.

proxy.php

Have a BEAUTIFUL Tuesday gentlemen
proxy.php

That spike point looks vicious, Robert. I nicked my ear with only my round last night!!:cursing: Brilliant pic, my friend!:001_smile:thumbup1:

Tuesday, 2.Ago.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue SOC 2-band
LUSO
Derby Extra
Veleiro ASB

proxy.php

Another smooth shave with the LUSO razor. This razor works very well, despite its flimsy appearance. Very mild, you've got to look out for the angle, because if it's not with the correct one, she doesn't shave at all! But with the correct angle and technique, it delivers a very comfortable, close shave.

Veleiro is an entire range of men grooming products made by the Portuguese company Confiança, a company that is more than a hundred years old. And I didn't used nothing from this range of products for quite a while. But I have to use them more often, 'cos my other half today came close to me and asked "What's that you're wearing today? It smells so good!"

Great story, Emanuel:thumbup1: And a great photo also, obviously:001_smile

Bill, that news was just waiting to be said. I am so pleased for you.:001_smile
The Harris/AK combo sounds divine:001_wub:

Thanks, David. The Harris/AK combo is divine, but it's even better when the Buddel is dancing in it. I understand you recently dipped your toes in the straight pool. If you get the chance, grab yourself one of Gabor's masterpieces--you won't regret it!

Tuesday's Shave
Hot Shower
Musgo Lime/Johnson Baby Oil
HJM Boar/MWF
Gillette Tech/Rapria Swedish Supersteel
Clubman Pinaud Vanilla

That spike point looks vicious, Robert. I nicked my ear with only my round last night!!:cursing: Brilliant pic, my friend!:001_smile:thumbup1:

Thanks David :001_smile...But that tip is not nearly as wicked as they come. Wait 'til you get your hands on a Kamisori (without the muted tip)...They are unforgiving to say the least. The slightest loss of concentration and she lets you know it :001_tongu

proxy.php

The EJ loaded with a fresh new Shark blade cut marvellously! :wink2:

...And what a Marvelous shave this must have been Marco :thumbup:

Revisor 6/8
Neil Miller linen and English bridle strops (40/40)
le Tuft with 24mm Simpson knot in Super and red Paua Abalone insert
T&H 1805

proxy.php

Love that Revisor of yours K :thumbup:

Merkur Futur 701
with red Personna (3)
Semogue 830
L`Occitane Cade SS
Geoffrey Beene`s Grey Flannel AS

Have a nice day! :001_smile

proxy.php

I can smell that L'Occitane all the way here Erwin. FANTASTIC choices to day :thumbup:

Tuesday

Japanese Rice Bowl
Semogue 2000
6/8" Joh. Engström

QCS Vostok Shaving Cream
Proraso Protective After Shave Cream

Have a nice day, Gentlemen
:001_smile

proxy.php

Søren,
What a setup buddy :thumbup:

PREP: Shower and Conditioner in Beard
BRUSH: Simpson Chubby-2
SOAP/CREAM: D.R. Harris Almond + AK 1869 + Glycerin
RAZOR: Buddel 7/8 French Point in Suminagashi
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan
AS: Sabon
EDT: Guerlain Vetiver (Vintage)
RESULT: Stupendous! I got some great news yesterday morning: I received an offer from a large international law firm I'd been interviewing with since April. So, I felt like it was time to have a little celebration shave. The hardware and software in this shave are all top notch, and they performed as such. The sweet smell of almond filled the shave den while the moist lather worked its magic on my face. The Buddel is one of the best razors I've ever had the privilege of holding, let along using, and it effortlessly removed my 24 hours of growth. The first pass worked so well that the blade felt like it was sticking to my face on the second. I left the den feeling great and with a BBS that can't be believed.

proxy.php

What a beautiful way to celebrate this momentous occasion Bill . You desrve the BEST buddy . Congratulations once again :thumbup:

Simply awesome Henry. The razor is top notch as is the C&S 88 :thumbup:

Tuesday, 2.Ago.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue SOC 2-band
LUSO
Derby Extra
Veleiro ASB

proxy.php

Emanuel,
Allow me to thank you again for such wonderful descriptions of Portuguese products :thumbup:. I don't own any (I don't think), but I will rectify that in the near future.

Also, congratulations on a nice shave :001_smile

This morning:

- Grandpa's Pine Tar Wonder Soap
- Proraso Crema Pre & Dopo Barba
- Nanny's Silly Soft Shaving Soap Citrus Zinger
- Semogue Caravela
- Merkur Futur with Personna (3)
- 4711 Portugal After Shave Lotion

proxy.php

Nice shot and Granpa's soap must have brought back some memories :thumbup:

Well executed Tim :thumbup:

Second straight arrived today

Thiers-Issard Spartacus, 5/8, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point, Tortoise shell Scales
No strop used as supplied "shave Ready", fully honed and stropped-The Invisible Edge
Simpson Colonel X2L Best
Geo. F. Trumper Rose Soap
Alum Block

proxy.php

...and when the straight bug bites, there's no cure :001_tt2:. Congrats on a beautiful purchase David :thumbup:

Tuesday morning:

Omega / Gold Dachs / Merkur / Floid / Trumper's Wild Fern

proxy.php

I love this shot and shave David :thumbup:

Tuesday 08-02-11.

Soap from Aleppo 100% oliva - Semogue LE09 Nº 8 - Feather vintage razor - Feather #3 - Pre Myrsol Emulsión - Palmolive shaving soap - Alum block - Toner Thayers Original - ASB Massimo Dutti - ASL Physical.

proxy.php

Nice shot :thumbup:

Lecollier 6/8 wedge, Vie Long 16413, Kell's Lime+Palmshave lime, Tade alun, Mennen Green tonic

proxy.php

A citric scented shave for a warm day, this vielong brush enjoys the creams and glycerin soaps, and the combo I've chosen has given a creamy lather with a fresh scent,....the Lecollier is really effective, the Mennen GT goes well with any citric scent...a friend suggest me this alum stone (tade) and it's better than the Osma and the Hyaline, it feels softer on the skin than others.

Glad to hear that this one didn't fall off the roof José :001_tongu

proxy.php

Tuesday:

Semogue Caravela LE #80
Lavanda Creme de Barbear
Merkur 34C
Gillette Bleue Extra NOS
Nivea Gel Fluid Energetic

Greetings from Portugal!

A happy shave for sure. Well done :thumbup:

Semogue 2010 Custom Boar
Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Cream
Gem MMOC
Gem SS SE Blade
Blenheim Bouquet EDT

Rock & Roll Tony :thumbup:

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce Lime Soap
Cream: Musgo Real Cream
Razor: Gillette 1938 Senator OC
Blade: 7 O'Clock Black Ninja
Brush: PC Woodcraft Silver Tip 24mm

proxy.php

FANTASTIC Ian :thumbup:

Wednesday morning:

Omega 49 / SMN / Merkur / Camaldoli / Periplo

proxy.php

I am being taunted with that SMN creme...I must resist, I must :thumbup1:

03.VII.2011
Wednesday:

[EJ Pre-shave]
Chatsworth w/ Bleue (2)
Semogue LE 2009
Musgo Real SC
Musgo Real AS

Cheers,
Vasco

proxy.php

08/03/2011

- Pre Proraso green
- QCS "Vostok" shaving soap
- Vie Long E16510 two bands
- Pils 101NE + Shark SS
- Osma alum
- Myrsol Formula K after shave
- Proraso crema liquida dopobarba
- Annick Goutal "Eau d'Hadrien" Edt

Best regards
Miguel

Wednesday

Bukhave Scuttle
Semogue 1250
6/8" Columbia Cutlery Co.

Nanny's Lemony Lime with Goat Milk
Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine After Shave

proxy.php

No pictures from me so far this week so here's three pictures in one.

Monday
Scottish Fine Soaps Shave Soap - Semogue 1520 - Clements Perfection - Proraso

Tuesday
Scottish Fine Soaps Shave Soap - Zebrawood Silvertip - Merkur 34c w/ Bolzano - Alt Innsbruck

Wednesday
Scottish Fine Soaps Shave Soap - Semogue 830 - 6/8 Revisor - TOBS Victorian Lime

proxy.php

Alas, neither do I have any Portugues products, although I'm definately going to try out some of those creams I've been hearing so many good things about. That is, when I have room and money in my student shave den/account (busy week last week on the razor exchange market).

Pre-shave: Hot shower, hot towel

Brush: TGN Silvertip in custom in African Walnut

Soap: Überlather - Mama Bear's Hinoki Wood, TOBS Lemon & Lime, glycerine

Razor: Robert Dodges Universally Approved, 11/16, near wedge

AS: Cold towel, Old Spice White Water

Strop: Illinois #827 Imperial Russian - 30 linen, 60 leather

proxy.php

This was a special one for me, so I held on to a good three-day beard. My first shave with my first self-restored and self-honed razor (being the first serious honing attempt). Not 100% baby-butt smooth, but darn close in three passes. Also my first run with a silvertip brush, for which:

Thank you, Zephyr!

The best shave in a very long time, for many reasons, one of which is English Steel, another northern folly (of so wilfully parting with such an AWESOME brush)!

The weather is definately Portuguese here in Finland, so I say it counts, gents, enjoy a great summer day!

Rotbart Mond Extra - silver-coated vintage razor
with Mozart Extra (1)
Mühle Best Badger
Acca Kappa muschio bianco SS
4711 Portugal AS

Have a nice day ! :001_smile

proxy.php

Wednesday

GEM Junior ** ASR GEM (10) ** RV Custom Finest 22/45
Musgo Real ** Razorock Alum ** Ivy Club Classic

proxy.php

Three day growth gone...BBS. Time to pull weeds :ohmy:

Wednesday, 3.Ago.2011

Predopobarba Proraso
Semogue 830
Top Secret "lanolizado" shaving cream
7 O'Clock
Derby Extra
Veleiro ASB + Veleiro ASL

proxy.php

This shave is an homage to João dos Anjos - simply a great gentleman. He began to work at Confiança in 1932, as a jack-of-all-trades - and continued to work to the factory during more than 60 years, until he became the heart and soul of the company, in its golden era, doing everything - making soap, composing perfumes and colognes and creating all sort of products.

He is also the creator of the Veleiro and Top Secret shaving creams.

Obrigado, Sr. João dos Santos.

Mühle R41+zorrik, Semogue SOC badger, Institut Karité, Thayers Witch Hazel

proxy.php

Excellent shaves and shots gentlemen :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Wednesday

Bukhave Scuttle
Semogue 1250
6/8" Columbia Cutlery Co.

Nanny's Lemony Lime with Goat Milk
Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine After Shave

proxy.php

That soap sounds divine, Soren. Does it smell as well as it sounds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom