Ikea glass bowl
Vulfix 2234 boar
Gillette Single Ring with Gillette Platinum

PenArko Blenheim Bouquet Shaving Soap
Floïd - The Genuine After Shave
Hugo Boss - Boss Bottled EdT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Simply a fantastic pic, Soren! It does look soooooo beautiful, my friend! :thumbup1:

Just beautiful, David! Still issues with Cade's lather, my friend?

Thank you, Marco.:001_smile You'll probably have seen but for the past couple of uses, I have combined the Cade soap with the Cade cream, and had fantastic lather(thanks, Bill). Today, I thought I'd give the soap another go on its own and what a disaster!! Had to reload my brush for each pass, and still nothing to write home about. As an uberlather, it's hard to beat, but that's where this soap ends for me. Pity, because the cream detracts from this soap's wonderful smell.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Your B&W are quite nice Marco,great shot and gear!

Thank you, Zee! And yes, the shaving items in the pic are just fabulous. The Chubby 1 Super is a legendary brush, particularly effective for face lathering soaps. In my opinion, one of the finest brushes in the World. The RazoRock XXX is simply amazing: fantastic scent, fantastic lather, fantastic performance. The Dovo 5/8" Silver Steel is my "come back" straight razor and gives very, very close shaves. The Thayers Witch Hazel also is a terrific product and a great lotion to use as an aftershave.

Vulfix Super Bagder // Cream Castle Forbes Lavander // MerkurHD // Thayers Balm Castle Forbes Lavander

proxy.php

Been waiting for hours to see what delight you would come up with to start this new week, Luis. And what a well worth wait, my friend! The master of the black/white photos here. Nice one, Luis!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Been waiting for hours to see what delight you would come up with to start this new week, Luis. And what a well worth wait, my friend! The master of the black/white photos here. Nice one, Luis!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

+1 Our Spanish Master at his best! :thumbup1: Maravilloso, amigo! :wink2:

Merkur 15c Vintage OC
with Threet (1)
Mühle Best Badger
Kissmyface Vanilla Shaving Cream
Lagerfeld AS

Have a nice day! :001_smile

proxy.php

I can guess why you have posted late today, Erwin!:wink2: Great shot as always, my friend!:001_smile:thumbup1:

P.S. Does Kassel have any shaving goodies left after today??!!:biggrin1::thumbup::thumbup:

Sounds like a witch's brew to me, Soren!!:lol::lol:

Yes, I'm playing the little chemist here - hopefully I don't blow up anything
proxy.php

I actually added some glycerine and a good amount of sprays from the EdT while I was at it, and I have made a quick test-lather (couldn't wait) and it is looking quite promising, the lather has persistence now and there is only a hint of the Arko scent (which I like actually).

I'll let the concoction dry for a couple of days and then try it again, but I'm confident now, and with 100 gram of BB soap and 75 gram of Arko I now have a decent sized puck that should last quite some time :laugh:

L'Occitane Bonne Mere Rose Soap,
GFT Violet SC,
Simpson Duke,
Dovo 5/8 / 60 Laps N.Miller Black Latigo,
L'Occitane Alum Stone,
GFT Coral SF,
Lanvin L'Homme Sport EdT.

A great hot shower using the the luxury of bar soap.
Omeaga 48 Boar
Tet-A-Tet Shave Creme
Schick Injector
Cold water splash and liberal application of Tet-A-Tet balm.
Nothing scary about this DFS.

Very nice shaves Gentlemen, no matter if they where in Black & White or Technicolor :laugh: :thumbup:

Yes, I'm playing the little chemist here - hopefully I don't blow up anything
proxy.php

I actually added some glycerine and a good amount of sprays from the EdT while I was at it, and I have made a quick test-lather (couldn't wait) and it is looking quite promising, the lather has persistence now and there is only a hint of the Arko scent (which I like actually).

I'll let the concoction dry for a couple of days and then try it again, but I'm confident now, and with 100 gram of BB soap and 75 gram of Arko I now have a decent sized puck that should last quite some time :laugh:

If we don't hear from you again after a couple of days, Soren we'll know why!:nuke::lol::lol::lol:

Today's shave

• Vintage Simms 20mm re-knotted in Silvertip
  • 6/8 - Diana Straight Razor (Japanese)
  • Frankeinsoap (I think there's 5 different soaps in there)
  • Tabasco bottle -> Honeybee Garden Bay Rum
  • Brut Eau de Cologne

attachment.php

Feather AC SS non-folding razor, Century 30/48mm ST-A brush, Schwarzweisskeramik 10/11 LE scuttleView attachment 197981

Didn't catch the theme until I was ready to post. Soooooo....

Preshave: Hot towel over uberlather soak
Uberlather: Mitchells/Tobs Lavender/Glycerin
Scuttle: Handpainted Delft bowl
Brush: Baja Pure Badger
Razor: Leopold Sommer "Mondesir", 1932
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel
Moisturizer: Erbario Toscano Lavanda
AfterShave: Musgo Real
EDT: Creed Royal Scottish Lavender

View attachment 197979

Overall, nice shave, but I caught my chin on the way down. Ouch! Then, on the second pass, caught it in the same spot again! OuchOuch! So, to soothe the spirit, I added lavender upon lavender upon lavender. This Lavender cream may be for "mani"--hands--but it is rich enough for the face. The SO walked by and unwittingly betrayed her (primal) approval of the scents.

Have a good night, Gentlemen!

Rolls razor (Viscount)
Edwin Jagger Best badger brush
Mitchell's Wool Fat soap in Aramis mug
Allume Di Rocca Naturale alum stick
Nivea Sensitive post-shave balm

proxy.php

View attachment 197961
HARDWARE:
Feather No. 100 -1 NOS Vintage Safety Razor (late 50's/early 60's) Made in Japan.
Feather New Hi-Stainless DE Blade.
Plisson Travel Brush, Brass Nickel Plated Pure Grey Badger.

SOFTWARE:
Geo F. Trumper's West Indian Extract of Limes (Pre Shave).
Geo F. Trumper's Coconut Shaving Soap In A Bowl.
ST. Johns West Indian Lime After Shave(Virgin Islands).
ST. Johns West Indian Lime Balm (Virgin Islands).

Have a Nice Monday,

Eelco

A great hot shower using the the luxury of bar soap.
Omeaga 48 Boar
Tet-A-Tet Shave Creme
Schick Injector
Cold water splash and liberal application of Tet-A-Tet balm.
Nothing scary about this DFS.

Merkur 15c Vintage OC
with Threet (1)
Mühle Best Badger
Kissmyface Vanilla Shaving Cream
Lagerfeld AS

Have a nice day! :001_smile

proxy.php

Lovely shaves and pictures everybody!

Just give them that stick of Arko, Robert!!!:w00t::lol::lol: Great shot, my friend, and those Toyos are superb. I rate mine as my best straight so far!

Haaaa...great idea. I actually tried and I got funny spooky looks :lol::lol:.

Thanks David :001_smile. it is a great blade indeed.

Glad to see you got yourself a burl brush...it looks amazing especially with that 26mm knot :thumbup:

Thanks Zee :001_smile. I had this brush for a couple of months already, but I love the choice of Buckeye :001_smile

What a terrific composition and photo, Maestro! :thumbup:

Grazie Marco :001_smile...

PS: sorry, I am not sticking to the B&W theme this week (a bit short on time and energy). I will make it up to you my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom