What's new

🏝️ 🎣 ⛳️ SOTD - “Sticks and Samples Week!” - March 13th, 2023 to March 19th, 2023 🏝️ 🎣 ⛳️

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD: 16th March 2023.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Omega Eucalyptus Shaving Cream.
Razor: Muhle R41. (2013) - Derby Usta. (D2)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Denim Original ASL. / Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

Greetings,

Early morning shave.

Last use of the Derby Usta.. My reacquaintance with both the Derby premium & Usta throughout the week has been a pleasant surprise. Both blades have performed wonderfully with the efficient R41.

It's been a while since i last used the Omega shaving cream and forgot how much easy it is to create a slick protective lather, with a good kick from the Eucalyptus oil to give my ageing face sensors a vibrant late winter morning wakeup call!

A very comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Boots Cucumber Moisturising Lotion.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Wednesday, March 15, 2023.

Floïd pre shave oil. Antiga Barbearia di Bairro, Principe Real: Shaving cream, lotion & balm aftershave, EdT. Chubby 2, sovereigh fibre, Lime Swirl handle. Filarmónica 14, Doble Temple, Lime swirl custom scales by Pablo Fuertes.

Thursday, March 16, 2023.

Tabula Rasa, Patchouli, shaving cream. Simpson, Chubby 1, Manchurian Badger Cordovan. Thiers-Issard, “Fox and rooster”, best Best Sheffield Silver Steel, stamina scales. Santa Maria de Novella, patchuli, lotion aftershave & EdT.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
A4D387C5-35FA-423C-9FAB-19C02FB35418.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Green Tub.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Pakistan: Razor Blade Treet Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm The Stray Whisker After Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Blue Cologne.

Thu 16
Soap Smoking Monsters Zen Tea
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Aftershave RazoRock XXX Splash
A superbly rich creamy and very slick lather from this soap + the scent is pleasant too...nicely matched by the splash!
Although cheap looking, this razor continues to provide expensive shaves. Today, after stroping on the Kangaroo leather, had a most delightful 3 silky smooth and softly crisp passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230316_094411.jpg

SOTD 16-Mar
20230315_115356.jpg

Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: Ramblin' Man
Razor: Wolfman Guerilla (New)
Blade: Wizamet (2)

Initial shave with the Guerilla passaround, I'm going to try and leave my impressions as to actual shave after a few go arounds. I don't want to jump to conclusions too soon.

So no comments on shave but I can at least mention the razor itself. It's a surprisingly solid razor, fits together very well and heavier than I was expecting considering the hollowed handle. Not a bad thing as I like heavier, the head is also more compact and manoeuvrable than I thought it would be based on the pics I have seen.

What I'm not keen on though is the finish, it just doesn't do it for me. It just seems rough, not in feel purely in visuals, particularly on the top cap oddly.

We'll see how the shave tomorrow goes, hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

Well, no sticks or samples on the counter so I had to go with some of what I have at hand.

This morning's effort

Lather: Barbasol Original
Razor: NDC SuperSpeed
Blade: Gillette Platinum
A/S Splash: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

That's it. That's the shave. As smooth and clean as any other brush and soap combo that I can put together.

To be honest, with this razor and blade combo, short of shaving dry, I don't think it's possible to get a bad result.

Make it a great day!
-Greg

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Zenith Manchurian
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
UK Aristocrat
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & PAA Mysteium Serum
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Third shave with the UK Aristocrat and Wizamet blade and another good shave. Today’s brush is the Zenith Manchurian This is another dense brush that feels fantastic on my face and head. The brush had an easy time making some nice, rich lather. Today is the 46th shave with the MdC soap. A nice, BBS shave. Have a great day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom