What's new

🏝️ 🎣 🎿 ⛳️💂‍♀️🏄🏻‍♂️🚢🏕️ SOTD - “Travel Theme Week” - April 1-7, 2024 🏝️ 🎣 🎿 ⛳️💂‍♀️🏄🏻‍♂️🚢🏕️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello B&Bers!

This week’s SOTD Theme is “Travel”.

It is warming up in Canada and I am sick of winter. I just got back from a Mexico vacation and it was great to get away from the cold! So for this week, let’s revisit vacation or travel with our SOTD images.

Are you currently in Mexico or Dominican with your travel shaving setup? Did you buy a fancy shaving soap in London, England or a snazzy fragrance in Paris? Anyone out there actually buy blades in Israel, Egypt or India? Show us!

We want to see your travel soaps, razors, aftershaves, fragrances and any other shaving accessories that you take on business travel or vacation. Also anything shaving related (or not) that you bought while travelling. Show us and/or tell us all about what you use or have bought while away.

No travel related shaving items? How about a pic of your daily shave with a carved coconut you bought in the Dominican or a Mexican sombrero? The obscure bottle of tequila you bought in Playa del Carmen (like I just did!) works too. Or just post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us all about it. Let’s see lots of Travel themed posts this week!

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or shoot photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme as sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but encouraged.

Let’s see your travel SOTD!

IMG_6469.jpeg

Monday, April 1, 2024

Pre-Shave: Kiehl's Age Defender Exfoliating Cleanser / YBN Glycerin
Razor: Mühle Rocca R95
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (2...and done)
Brush: Mühle Purist Silvertip Badger Ebonite
Bowl: DSC scuttle
Soap: PAA - Coconut & Oud (Sample)
Alum: none
A/S: Murphy & McNeil - Magh Tured Aftershave Balm
EdP: Creed - Royal Oud Millesime

I'm back after a two month hiatus from the SOTD threads and after the successful completion of two consecutive GRUME's. As I ordered today a few more soaps and other goodies which aren't really needed, I am sitting the April GRUME out and will join you guys for SOTD. I saw this week's theme a bit too late, otherwise I would've made a few changes in my setup, but I'll have a few travel related shaves for this week's SOTD theme. Stay tuned.

I had a lovely 2.5 pass (WTG, ATG, WTG-neck) BBS with the Rocca today, which is quite surprising because I really don't chase BBS shaves at all. It's' great when the stars align though. I had one little weeper on the neck, but it was so minuscule I didn't even bother with the styptic pencil. The Wizamet blades are good but somehow not my favorite. I'm almost done with this tuck and will probably revisit GSB's next as I haven't tried them out in the Rocca yet.

No surprises from PAA's Coconut & Oud soap; great lathering and very nice scent. The Oud theme today was complemented with the Magh Tured Aftershave Balm and Creed's Royal Oud EdP.

Maybe that's where the travel theme in todays' shave was hidden. A shave with exotic & tropical scents evoking a bit of "Fernweh". This is one of the few German words where no English equivalent exists. Fernweh is the desire to travel, a longing for far-off places. It consists of the words "fern" which means distance and "weh" meaning ache, misery, or sickness. It's a bit similar to "wanderlust" but "Fernweh" is a bit stronger; a real desire to get out of the daily rut and travel far away.

With that little excursion into the intricacies of the German language I am wishing you all a Happy Easter.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_0912.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777 Boar.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Green Tub.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) China: Razor Blade Chinese London Bridge Super Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Australia: Aftershave Balm Natio For Men Calming Aftershave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Quorum.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Hydrating Facial Cleanser
Soap/Cream
Vintage Williams
Brush
&B Essential Boar, 10th Anniv. Version
Bowl
Old Spice Mug + Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
U.K. Aristocrat
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS ASB
Fragrance
Beverly Hills, Polo Club
Rating
10/10
Comments
I just came back from a vacation and in a few hours will be off for a few days to St. Petersburg, FL, a city I lived in for a few years. This was the second shave with the U.K Aristocrat razor with a Wizamet blade. The shave was the best kind: uneventful! I switched to a boar brush today: the B&B Essential Boar, 10 Anniversary Edition The vintage Williams is on 102nd use. Previously when I used the modern version of Williams I got 75 shaves out of it. The vintage version not only lasts longer, but the lather it makes is far better. The hole in the puck is getting larger. A perfect shave. Have a great day and week, folks.

Monday
Pre-shave: Harry’s Exfoliating Face Wash /Cremo Sandalwood
Razor: RazoRock Mamba
Blade: SuperMax Blue Diamond Platinum
Brush: EverReady 150 Restore w/TGN 2-band
Soap: Mama Bear’s Aged Spice
Aftershave: Alum/ Kiehl’s Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion/Floid Blue
Balm: Anthony All-Purpose Facial Moisturizer

Monday Morning Whisker Maelstrom

Travel Week - where could you go at one time and not see a Burma-Shave message on the side of the road?
Third shave on a PAL Carbon and it was smooth and efficient - old time feel for an old timey shave.

EverReady 1914 Razor
PAL Carbon Blue Blade (3X)
Burma Shave Soap
Simpson Trafalgar T2 Brush
Apex Alchemy Splash Mix

Suavecito Bay Rum Aftershave

D4A889DF-07DB-4897-9594-0D05F5E1F89B-compressed.jpeg

Monday, April 1, 2024.

Floïd pre shave oil. Wolly Kaw, La fougère parfaite. Yaqi, Pooka: synthetic 24 mm tuxedo premium HD, fusion resin green and wood handle. Ali’s blade, Raptor 15/16, Suminagashi steel 23 layers / Shirogadmi 61 HRC. Brut, original lotion, balm aftershave & EdT.

IMG_7149.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, April 1st 2024

Razor : Gem G bar- Mfg 1955-58, mild to tame mid range. Interesting razor to work the face and results are great. The chrome finish is of high grade and has lasted a long time. This razor is built to last generations. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (4) Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock XXX Fresco, nice scented XXX clean unique scent with some menthol + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Artic sky" 24mm synthetic. Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX fresco with witch hazel+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Gem G bar with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD + BOTD April 1 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Birthday SOTD

20240331_200442.jpg

Razor: Rhodium Gillette Toggle (S5)
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D1)
Brush: Semogue Shave Nook Final Edition 26.5mm
Bowl: Corbell Pedestal 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Cream: Antica Barbieria Colla
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè