What's new

🏝️ 🎣 ⛳️ SOTD - “Sticks and Samples Week!” - March 13th, 2023 to March 19th, 2023 🏝️ 🎣 ⛳️

Status
Not open for further replies.
1679051633717.png

Fri 17
Soap & Aftershave Southern Witchcraft Samhain
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Thiers Issard Garanti Frameback 69
This soap's quality is always great and today, with the super plush badger, whip up a storm of lather...richly creamy and slick...
This frameback razor is the only SR I was able to hone to shave ready...lucky I guessed. Today's shave with it was very good after stroping on the Kangaroo leather. Smooth yet keen in 3 passes for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230317_171927.jpg

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Sticks and Samples SOTD

When faced with the decision between doing a St Pats shave, or a Sticks and Samples shave, I had to pick the latter because, well, this is my thread. And of course I had to use some Arko before the week was done!

Furthermore, I started with my WR2 and a vintage gold box Polsilver Stainless on its 5th shave. I got too much tugging on the first pass. So instead of changing blades, I just grabbed my trusty Ti Bird with a Platinum to finish the job. The shave turned out super smooth and close. No negativity towards the first razor or the blade. But it was time to retire that Polsilver, and I was too lazy to change the blade.

Of course, Arko. Lathered with the venerable Rudy Contribs 22 STF. Finished it off with a little left over sample from one of Captain’s Choice’s aftershave test batches. Overall an A+ shave!

15286127-3E92-4B69-9A2E-8D39B3017568.jpeg

Monday

Brush: Omega 13522 Pure
Cream: Wars
Razor: '55 Aristocrat
Blade: Feather
A/S: Afta
Cologne / Fragrance: Zirh Ikon

Tuesday

Brush: Omega 10049
Soap: Palmolive Stick
Cologne / Fragrance: Drakkar Noir

Wednesday

Soap: Tabac
Cologne / Fragrance: Bijan

Thursday

A/S: Afta Fresh
Cologne / Fragrance: Bijan

Friday

Soap: Derby Stick
A/S: Gillette Aftershave Gel, Sensitive Skin
Cologne / Fragrance: Aramis

Mike

St. Patrick's Day

Pre-shave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: Yaqi High Mountain White
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Humphrey’s Cucumber Witch Hazel/Rolda Freestyle Aftershave
Balm: Anthony All Purpose Facial Moisturizer

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Friday, March 17th 2023, Saint Patrick's Day!

Razor
: Yaqi Mellon 316 SS 2nd Generation (V2) polished head with a Yaqi "Tear drop" SS cannon looking handle- Mfg Jan 2023> mid range, accurate machining and excellent finish is adequate for my shaving needs! Had a excellent shave this morning.
Blade : Gillette Perma- sharp(4) sharp & smooth + reasonable longevity. excellent balanced blade for my shaving needs.
Soap : Razorock Irish Countryside, nice unique different clean kind of scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Dandelion" 24mm Cashmere brush, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber, + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Irish Countryside with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Mellon SS head with a Perma-sharp blade.
SOTD March 17 2023 .jpg

Have some great shaves!

Sample week continues with YaZM (Yet another Zingari Man):

Henson AL13 Medium
Saqi 26mm Tuxedo knot synthetic
CC Heavyweight copper bowl
Wizamet (3)
Kiehl's Facial Fuel Cleanser
Zingari Man "The Navigator"
Kiehl's Post-Shave balm
CeraVe Moisturizing cream

Another from the sampler mail call, "The Navigator" has come across the horizon. The scent was wonderful and lasted longer than I expected (5 hours).

Now I am curious how it stacks up against other aquatics. I have samples of A&E "Aqua de Borocay" and Moon Soap's "Astoria" that will be making their debut in the very near future.

Razor: Schick J
Blade: Schick (4)
Soap: Mama Bear’s Ocean Rain
Witch Hazrel
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
Aftershave: Virgin Island Bay Rum

How large does a soap have to be before it’s no longer a sample? This is 1.5 and I consider that still a sample. To add to this week’s theme, I rub it on my face like I do a stick.

D0B0BFE7-5C9E-491E-85C1-18C6F985F1AB.jpeg

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSC_0664.jpg

Friday Afternoon Shave 03.17.23
RAZOR: Rocnel 2021 Sailor Series Adjustable @3
BLADE: Personna
BRUSH: Oumo Desert Ironwood/Sandalwood 26mm SILK/Manchuria
LATHER: LEA Classic Shaving Soap

20230316_075629.jpg

Razor: Schick L2 Stick Schick
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Fig & Apricot
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
d7N49aDvztCwv9JkPZ.gif

Soap: B&M Sample - Smoking Bishop (with a few drops of terror)
Razor: Supply Pro Adj Injector. WTG and XTG @3; ATG @ 2
Blade: Supply Black label (5)
Brush: Yaqi synth
Aftershave: Clubman
Rating 9.25
The Supply Pro and Supply black maybe my favorite overall razor/blade combo. Very smooth, comfortable, and close shaves nearly every time.
I got myself a bunch of B&M samples for the holidays (to go with some full size classic fourgre..) The new B&M is certainly on the shortlist of best of the best.
IMG_4706.jpeg
While Smoking Bishop is not my favorite sent, I don't dislike it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom