Blade: Derby
A/S: Nancy Boy
Cologne: Old Spice Classic A/S

Mike

Tuesday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: WSP Rustic Shaving Soap-Mahogany
Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
Blade: 70’s Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade NEW Chromium (9)
Brush: John’s Brushes/WD Silvertip-22mmx48mm
Aftershave: Anucci Sport EdT

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

WSP Mahogany today. 20 seconds to load JB/WD Silvertip. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Wilkinson Light Brigade still in the NEW SC. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Anucci Sport EdT.

Bob

proxy.php

SOTD, Tuesday, October 11th, 2016

Shower + Musgo Glyce face lather and rinse
D.R. Harris Windsor shave soap
Plisson badger brush
Boker 6/8" stainless steel straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Windsor aftershave + cologne

Stay strong, Carolina!

proxy.php

Tuesday

Pre-shave: AoS Peppermint Facial Scrub
Razor: Mergress
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: L'Occitane/Plisson Synthetic
Soap: St James of London Cedarwood & Clarysage Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayer's Witch Hazel
Balm: SCS Oakmoss Lavendula

Parker 94r razor
Rainbow blade
Plisson/L'Occitane brush
Musgo Real Spiced Citrus SC
Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
Musgo Real Orange Amber cologne

1st time with the Musgo Real SC. Very nice lather with a subtle but pleasing scent. I like it quite a bit. Everything made nice with each other and a fine shave was had. Now off to my grand daughter's PJ party at school. Now go enjoy your day folks

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Azuma kamisori (with my poor coti edge on it :lol:)
B&B Essential boar, Sue (Of course!)
Mame Bear Spicey Lime
Czech Pitralon

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have the skills a lot of these guys do, but I do use a homemade light box and sometimes outside shots. Here's a behind-the-scenes shot of the light box made with foam board and tissue paper, and held together with white duct tape: http://imgur.com/a/M5vcC (If/when it comes time to rebuild it, I'll use muslin instead of tissue paper. The muslin will provide a natural warmer filter and is obviously more durable.) Here's the video that influenced it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyxzC5kqbyw

The outside shots are just that. Find a cool place with good lighting and shoot away. Living out in the woods makes this easy as I have beautiful views all around me.

My camera is nothing special. Just a cell phone camera.

The SOTD pics is an off-shoot of the wet shaving hobby. Some of us concentrate on the composition while others focus on the gear. Both are interesting aspects, but I admit, I do at times feel silly going outside to arrange my gear for a pic.

At either rate, I appreciate all the pics. Some for the composition and artistic talent, and some simply for the gear, content, and choices made for the shave.

That's great information for me too, Matt. Thank you!! And regarding the feeling silly setting up gear... I've gotten some really weird looks from the neighbors when shooting pictures of shave gear on the back deck and they see me... lol. Oh well...

Tuesday, October11, 2016

Simpson Chubby 3 Manchurian
Panna Crema Nuavia Verde
Timeless OC with UFO TiTAN Fine L
Personna 74 #10
Barrister and Mann Reserve Cool

$IMG_4339-X2.jpg:thumbup1:

Tuesday evening

Razor: HD
Blade: Shark Platinum (1)
Soap: Cella
Brush: SR 3824
A/S: Lucky Tiger
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

@Sdm84 - Nicely subdued b&w, Owen. The brush is really interesting. How does it differ?

Thanks Ron! The brush was interesting to say the least! NOT a face lather brush for SURE- way too skritchy and prickly. The "sides" of the bristles are silky smooth and the knot is pretty lofty so I am going to try and bowl lather with it. I suspect it will be not unlike an egg beater making meringue :) when I use a "painting" stroke it feels great so I think that is it's intended purpose. The brush has backbone, however it is kind of floppy at the same time (hope that makes sense). The synthetic fibers are totally different than my RazoRock Plissoft I think intended for a specific use OTHER than what I tried. I don't pass judgement on equipment due to operator error.

If anyone has experience with this type of brush and can help me understand it I would be most appreciative. If it is rubbish I also welcome the heads up!

Really enjoy the creative photos and AD temptations Gents!

...And regarding the feeling silly setting up gear... I've gotten some really weird looks from the neighbors when shooting pictures of shave gear on the back deck and they see me... lol. Oh well...
Fortunately, I don't have neighbors. The wildlife doesn't seem to care, and my wife has come to accept it.

$SOTD_20161011.jpg

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: PolSilver Super Iridium
Brush: LioJuny Finest Badger
Lather: Tabac Shave Stick
Aftershave: Fine American Blend

today,

- PannaCrema - Namaste
- Simpson Duke 2
- The Claymore SE
- Feather Professional
- Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue