Lab Blue
Cella Aloe Vera Soap
Maggard 2 Band
Brut Cologne
Karve G Shield handle.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, May 18th 2024

Razor : Yaqi Tile head 316 SS with a taper hollowed brass nickel handle. Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range. Excellent machining and unpolished head are great for my shaving needs. Construction design resembles many other modern razors that are being used IMO. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB(2) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier
Soap : Razorock Emperor, unique cologne linear scent that works for most folks + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Moka Express" 24 mm synthetic knot. Excellent lather generator, gentle cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Nice overall brush!
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Emperor with witch hazel+ a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Tile razor with a GSB blade.
SOTD May 18 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
20240517_083329.jpg

Razor: Gillette Goodwill #160
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Scorpion SB in Silvermist
Pre-Shave: Proraso White Pre-Shave Cream
Lather: Noble Otter Plunder
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Nivea Post Shave Balm

SOTD.jpg

SOTD From India
  • Stubble: 5 days
  • Blade: Super Platinum Black x 6th use (failed to cut stubble without pain+tugging. tossed it off)
  • Blade: Permasharp x 2nd use : WTG passes x2 with Muhle R41 Clone (bit painful on 2nd pass)
  • Blade: Permasharp fresh blade: XTG pass with Gillette Speed Clone (smooth, without any tugging or pain)
What I have learned is, I can use:
  • Permasharp twice for 2-pass shaves
  • Super Platinum Black 4 times for 2-pass shaves
  • More than the above usage, suffering starts
  • Permasharp glides better on my skin
27mm knot shaving brush with synthetic hair. Made of Rosewood handle, much lighter than a resin handle. I like the look and feel of resin though. Very soft bristles, softer than other brushes I have but has a softer backbone too. Knot size is pretty big, takes lesser swirls. The size will take me a while to get used to.

💈 SOTD: 18-5-24

Preshave: Alt Innsbruck
Soap: Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle
As: Stirling Pharaoh's Dreamsicle
Razor: TGS Syntesi
Blade: Kai (2)
Brush: Omega Boar

The last preshave in my collection that I wanted to specially introduce is this Pre - Aftershave emulsion from Alt Innsbruck, you can use this both before and after shaving, I only do it before because I don't like the smell as much, this one has a somewhat citronella smell, which I like on its own but not to carry around with me so to speak. The oil spreads out and massages into the beard hairs just fine, nice product.

The Syntesi does not disappoint me, but I felt a sharper blade would bring out its true potential. Used a Kai blade yesterday and today and this really brought the razor to life, not that a milder blade won't do it justice, quite the opposite in fact but a sharper blade makes it just that touch more efficient which gave me two days of bbs results and two very comfortable shaves.

eZy Watermark_18-05-2024_09-03-02-4470PM.jpeg

🪒 🪒 🪒 SOTD - “New Gear" Theme Week - May 13-19, 2024 🪒 🪒🪒

May 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

SV Saturday

Semogue Saturdays!

Hello friends

Quiet Saturday afternoon around here. I turned to the Greencult 2.0 IV plate, a configuration that got me hooked, especially with a new Gillette Silver Blue. Semogue Pegasus Mistura is getting better and better, and it seems to have everything I expect in a brush, backbone, softness and above all a great lather maker. SV Desert Vetiver, with darker and smokier aromas of Guerlain's classic Vetiver, which is very reminiscent of Chanel Sycomore. To finish, Malizia Uomo AS.

With us, Dexter Gordon's magnificent tenor.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
❤️🪒

D26EE7D0-6308-4C92-B2C4-FE85D485CAA2.jpeg
IMG_7028.jpeg

Sunday SOTD
20240517_150838.jpg

Razor: SR-71 Slant
Blade: Personna Reds (D7)
Brush: CaYuenWorkshop/Boti SHD Enlightener 28mm
Bowl: Turkish Porcelain Bowl 4 ¾”
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2