What's new

๐Ÿฑ ๐Ÿถ ๐Ÿฆก ๐Ÿด ๐Ÿท ๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿฆ‘ ๐Ÿ  ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฆ‡ ๐ŸŠ SOTD โ€œAnimal Weekโ€ April 29th to May 5th, 2024 ๐Ÿฑ ๐Ÿถ ๐Ÿฆก ๐Ÿด ๐Ÿท ๐Ÿ… ๐Ÿฆ‘ ๐Ÿ  ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฆ‡ ๐ŸŠ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again fellow B&Bers!

This SOTD Weekly Theme is all about ANIMALS and there are LOTS of ways to participate!

Show us your shaving gear named after animals... Wolfman or Blackbird razors, Tiger Blades, Wolf Whiskers Brushes, Lucky Tiger aftershave, Noble Otter and Mammoth Soaps, Zoologist Fragrances and so onโ€ฆ you get the idea! How about shaving items that have a PICTURE of an animal on the packaging like Minora blades (lion) and Nacet (alligator or crocodile or whatever it is ๐Ÿคช)?

Shave photos that include your pets are also acceptable as are non-shave related pics of animals that you want to share with your B&B brethren!

Nothing animal themed? Show us and tell us all about your shaving setup for the day anyways.

As always, the weekly themes are just a suggestion, but being creative and having fun IS mandatory. We encourage you to post or share photos of your Shave Gear of the Day regardless of the theme.

Letโ€™s see some Animal Themed SOTD images!
ย 
April 28 shave-1.JPG

J3 Kamisori
Brad Sears
MacDuffs - Alberta Boys
LAB Series AS
ย 
IMG_6615.jpeg

Monday, April 29, 2024

Pre-Shave: warm water splash / YBN Glycerin
Razor: Mรผhle Rocca R95
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1)
Brush: Arno Classic #12, Gen5 synthetic
Bowl: DSC scuttle
Soap: House of Mammoth - Indigo / TOBS - Mr Taylor's Shaving Cream / YBN Glycerin
Alum: none
A/S: POLA - Galantom II after shave lotion
Aftercare: Thayers Witch Hazel Unscented / Aloe Vera Gel
EdP: Creed - Royal Oud Millesime

This was a lovely start into a new week. Two-pass WTG with touch-ups BBS shave. This is rare for me as I never chase BBS but I'm over the moon when the stars align. I enjoy the GSB blades; they are smooth, sharp and efficient. Two small weepers on the neck, but by the time I wanted to apply the styptic pencil everything was peachy.

Now, to the Mammoth in the (bath)room. I fished out the House of Mammoth Indigo sample I still had floating around and figured I'll try my hand on Uberlather (soap, cream, Glycerin). I scraped about a peanut size of HOM into my scuttle, added the rest of my TOBS cream sample and touched that up with a small dash of YBN Glycerin. YBN is a product I use as pre- shave and sometimes as an add-on for my lather; it's a clear liquid gel which contains Glycerin, allantoin and Oilve oil without the olive oil smell. I lathered that concoction with my trusted Arno synthetic brush and within about 15 seconds my scuttle was overflowing with some of the densest, slickest and creamiest lather. Way too much for a two pass shave, but I felt like being in a Gentlemen's barbershop. I may not make an Uberlather for every shave as the soap, cream and brush used today are perfectly capable of lathering up a storm on their own, but I'll treat myself from time to time with such a luxury.

Aftercare was Thayers WH as well as a generous application of cooling and soothing Aloe Vera Gel.

Today's shave was completed with POLA Galantom II Aftershave from Japan matched with Creed Royal Oud.

What a great start into a new week.
ย 

Menthol Monday SOTD
20240428_143611.jpg

Razor: Shield Cerakote Titanium Predator
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D1)
Brush: Nathan Clark-Envy 28mm
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 4 5ยฝโ€ Cypress Sinker Log
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Balm: 3P
Shave Soap: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitรจ
Aftershave: The Holy Black Ruby Red Creeper
โ€‹
ย 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_1393.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777 Boar.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) England: Razor Blade Vintage London Bridge Super Stainless.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic.
ย 
A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend
Brush
Paladin Lotus
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR 2, SB-1.05
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo, Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
I am starting the week off with a different razor, blade, and soap. The razor today is the Wolfman WR2 with a Personna Lab blade. The soap today is the Haslinger Sandalwood Soap, the tallow formula. When I learned Haslinger was eliminating tallow from its soap I bought several pucks including this one. I am using my Paladin Lotus brush, and it did an excellent job of making lather. A nice smooth shave. The soap was excellent. Have a wonderful day, folks.
ย 
Monday Morning Speedy Shave

It wasn't fast but it was an Enders Speed Razor. And it zipped around my face like a Maserati.
Overall very nice shave. Animal week - Soap has a Rooster and Brush is a Butterfly.

Enders Speed Razor
Personna Injector Blade (4X)
SC Bignoli Liquirizia e Mente Soap
Butterfly Vintage Boar Brush
Apex Alchemy Splash Mix

Varon Dandy Spritzer

866CD6A8-1F9A-4C20-A5EA-511468D63A41-compressed.jpeg
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom