🪒 🪒 🪒 SOTD - “New Gear" Theme Week - May 13-19, 2024 🪒 🪒🪒

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sun 19
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi The Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake
Razor Gillette Slim N4
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless
A beautiful creamy & slick lather whip-up by the excellent brush! Super nice razor and blade pairing at max. setting...
20240519_102423.jpg

SOTD: 19th May 2024.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Bulldog Original Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: HWF Lanolin Shaving Soap (No.1) with Cedarwood & Patchouli.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Baili BD191.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./Cien Men Sensitive ASB./Milton Lloyd The Man Silver EdT.

Greetings,

It's been a while since I last used my the Baili BD191. The long hefty teardrop handle makes the razor 'Bottom heavy' which for personal preferences is a bonus as the weight of the razor does all the work with no for added pressure needed when shaving, especially for head shaving I also like the "closed head design" which reduces the risk of catching my ear lobes or under my nose from the blade ends when shaving... All in all a good razor, apart from the slippery teardrop handle which I rub with my alum block to give it extra adhesion.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd The Man Silver EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_1865.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) Italy: Shaving Cream Palmolive.
3) England: Razor 1960’s Gillette Plastic handle Tech.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Deep Moisturiser with Black Carbon.
7) Germany: Aftershave Splash Nivea Men Deep Comfort Aftershave Splash.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Cera Ve Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Haslinger Sandelholz Rasierseife Beruhigend (tallow formula)
Brush
Maggards 28mm Synthetic
Bowl
Captains Choice Copper
Razor
Henson AL13++
Blade
Feather
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS ASB
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo, Man Intense.
Rating
10/10
Comments
This was the second consecutive shave with my Henson AL I3 ++ and Feather blade. The shave was close and smooth. It seems that Feather blades work well in milder razors. Today I used a large synthetic brush: Maggards 28mm. This is a very soft and large brush. Because of its size, it makes plenty of lather. Unlike some of the smaller synthetic brushes, this one easily loads soap. The Haslinger tallow soap made excellent lather. This was the 21st consecutive day I used the soap. The shave was perfect. Have a wonderful day and week, folks.

Sunday
Preshave: Kiehl’s Facial Fuel / Cremo Sandalwood
Razor: OREN
Blade: KAI Captain Titan Mild ProTouch MG
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs 2020 Limited Edition 2-band
Soap: Mama Bear’s Aged Spice
Aftershave: Kiehl’s Blue Astringent Herbal Lotion /Alum
Balm: Baxter of California After Shave Balm

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday SE shave, May 19th 2024

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm AC type with a Yaqi Milano 316 SSP handle. Mfg 2021>, tame mid range. Simple blade clamping system that works well + small head parts that make it nimble to wield on the beard area. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : Schick proline(4) sharp and smooth with reasonable longevity for a AC blade.
Soap : Razorock XXX, nice unique scent that usually puts a smile on my face + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Ever helpful" 22 mm 2band badger. Excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, firm nice splay scrubber + great lather painter. If a person likes a nice scrub this brush is worth taking a look at IMO, Yaqi shortened the loft + has dense knot.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock XXX splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Excalibur SE with a Schick proline blade.(forgot to sure the proline box)
SOTD May 19 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

IMG_3845.JPG

Sunday 19th of May

Razor: Fatip Piccolo
Blade: Astra SP (1)
Brush: Omega 10098
Cream: Shave (formerly Fauldings shave)
A/S: Wavol bay rum.

My periodical revisit of a cheap local cream, the one I started with, and the best smelling I've tried. It's not very slick, but the trick is to use heaps and have a well shaken out brush (The first ingredient is water, it's cheap after all)
The cream is a lavender scent, strong enough that I could still smell it after the bay rum faded.
Shave used to be made by Sanofi-Aventis (The tubes I have), but they've since changed the formula and the tubes I've seen on shelves most recently are made by some other Pharma company I've never hear of.

Sunday Morning Shave Salutations

Great shave using the Century No. 3 Brush and Le Pere Lucien. The Durham Duplex Razor
although technically a DE, given the head and handle geometry, it can only be used as a
Single Edge. I tried to use the other side and it was like shaving backwards and upside down.

Durham Duplex Razor
Personna Lab Specimen Blade (1X)
Le Pere Lucien Cologne-Fougere Soap
Vintage Century No. 3 Boar Brush
Citrus Musk Splash On

BRUT Aftershave

D9C2507E-3742-4647-A457-88FFBBBFBE9F-compressed.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom