What's new

🪒 💈 🪒 💈 SOTD - “Matchy Matchy" Theme Week - May 27th to June 2nd, 2024 🪒 💈 🪒 💈

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20240601_170853.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday June 1st 2024

Razor : Yaqi tile razor head 316 SS with a Yaqi nickel brass tapered. Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range. Great machining and finish QC for my shaving needs. Had a close comfortable shave this morning.
Blade : GSB (3) sharp and smoooth with reasonable longevity. Top tier blade IMO.
Soap : Yaqi The Green , nice scented natural scented (addictive) with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "Cavern lake" 24mm tuxedo knot. Excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi the Green splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : Dial 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Tile Razor with a GSB blade.
SOTD June 1 2024.jpg

Have some great shaves!

June 1, 2024 Saturday shave

Razor: Ever-Ready 1914 first use
Blade: GEM of some type...
Soap: Cella red
Brush: Paladin Tut STF XL (4)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavyweight copper
Post shave: Barbero alum block, Thayer's Witch Hazel
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Island Bay Rum

This was a shave that I was anticipating with eagerness and anxiety. The Ever-Ready 1914 was generously PIFed by @Tathlum. This was the first use of a GEM type razor. When I saw the blade reveal for the first time, I was a bit concerned. But, I figured if I was careful, I wouldn't injure myself too badly!

The shave was kind of novel. There was the feel of scraping and lots of audible feedback. Every stroke was carried out with caution. To my utter surprise and delight, the three pass shave was pretty good with no weepers, nicks, cuts or unitended amputations! Also big surprise, no irritation. Very nearly zero alum or aftershave feedback. Needless to say, I didn't attempt to get a BBS shave, but came amazingly close to it!

I would consider this shave a milestone in my shaving journey. Thanks, @Tathlum!

Enjoy your day!

SOTD 06_01_24.jpg

5/30/24
Green Mountains Soap Co. Lavender/Grapefruit
Vie-Long 12705
6/8 Johan Engstrom Frameback
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Clubman Citrus Musk
Nivea Sensitive Balm
Banana Republic Slate
SOTD5-30-24.jpeg

5/31/24
Haslinger RingelBlumen
H.L. Thater 4376/3 Silver Tip
Muhle R41 (2013)
Gillette 7:00 Yellow (3)
Clubman Original
Nivea Sensitive Balm
Montblanc Individuel
SOTD5-31-24.jpeg

6/1/24
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Simpson Duke #3 in Best Badger
5/8 C.V. Heljestrand Mark 3
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
Clubman Lilac Vegetal
Nivea Sensitive Balm
Penhaligon's English Fern

SOTD6-1-24.jpeg

Sunday SOTD
20240528_174858.jpg

Razor: Fatip Slant OC
Blade: Personna Med Prep (D4)
Brush: Semogue 2000
Bowl: Creek Road Pottery 5½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-Shave Oil: Taconic Bay Rum
Shave Soap: Pyrate’s Cove Bay Rhum w Ginger
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: St Johns Bay Rum

🪒 💈 🪒 💈 SOTD - “Matchy Matchy" Theme Week - May 27th to June 2nd, 2024 🪒 💈 🪒💈
High Efficiency Razors June & July 2024
SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays!

Hello friends

Nice end of Saturday here. As I had a three-day beard, I opted for a deeper shave. Greencult 2.0 plate IV and Gillette Silver Blue (1) allowed me to debut perfectly at High Efficiency Razors June & July 2024. SV Desert Vetiver combines masterfully with the smoky vetiver notes of Chanel Sycomore. The mighty Pegasus Mistura has definitely become my favorite brush. Malizia Uomo pleasant as always.

With us, an album for the few, Ascension by John Coltrane.

Rating: 10

Have a nice weekend and great shaves!
❤️🪒

CA4BE729-0C63-49E6-817F-0FDA25F3135C.jpeg
IMG_7301.jpeg

SOTD: 2nd June 2024.

6.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Cien Moisture Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Monsavon Au Lait Shaving Soap.
Blade: Treet Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, /Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse./Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.5 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With Care+Witch Hazel./David Beckham Instinct ASL./Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

The Monsavon Au Lait as always provided me with a wonderful protective slick lather for the shave leaving an excellent post shave feel.

The Treet Platinum paired up with the Parker 94R wonderfully. I'll be using the Treet Platinum & Dura Sharp (Carbon) blue pack through out the month, as I find both to be exceptionally smooth & efficient with acceptable longevity and have yet to have any QC issues with both blades

A close comfortable 2 pass +pick ups shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen.😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom