S-R41-SOTD-R_2021-04-01.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: TFS Tabacum Crepito
Razor: Mühle stainless R41 head on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
ASL: Clubman

A good shave. :biggrin:

ANOTHER new razor! This time the new Mühle 316L Stainless Steel version of their R41. It's called the R41GS, GS standing for Grande Stainless. I'm just calling mine a stainless R41, as Grande refers to the handle it comes with (similar to Fatip nomenclature). I immediately changed the handle to my favorite 75mm olive wood custom job.

The Mühle stainless Grande handle is HUGE (to me anyway)... the gripping part is 14.1mm diameter (not that it's that grippy) and the length is 99mm (so it's vaulting pole length but caber thickness)! It weighs in at 78g, so obviously not solid stainless steel.
My olive wood handle weighs 13g. :001_smile
The loaded head weighs 36g.

It'll take me a few shaves to get the hang of the thing (after a solid month with the Wolfman), but it was an enjoyable shave.

AND, another new TFS soap today! Excellent. Its scent followed by the Clubman ASL was a complementary mix (and I'm still enjoying the aroma now [two hours on]).

The brush and the blade were faultless, as ever. :yesnod:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Razor: DE89 head on RR Super Knurl handle
Blade: PIR (2)
Brush: 26mm Timberwolf
Bowl: Timeless
Soap: Haslinger Aloe Vera
Wanted to give the DE89 a go after not using it for a while. Ended up with a 2 pass SAS/CCS. It’s a very nice razor, but I have others I enjoy more, it was where I started though. Went with no aftershave today and I think that worked well without it. Haslinger is great! Have a great day y’all!
28218737-F3B7-4077-832F-47E16026C9F3.jpeg

Fri 2 SOTD
Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple New & 1st Use
Brush
Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor Yaqi Dual Comb
Blade Derby Usta 4th
Post & Aftershave Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel & Aloe Margaritas in the Arctic + Hyaluronic
Amazingly nice bold fizzy pineapple scent from the soap. Good 5.5 scent strength from the tub and throughout the shave...so good I almost wanna swallow some...hahaha, :D The lather was thick, creamy, very cooling with ok slickness.
Shave with the razor paired with the blade was just acceptable. Seems like the blade is done for. Managed 3passes without any issues for a DFS result. Aftershave was great and able to match the soap. Rating 9.5/10
20210402_103055.jpg

Friday SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: Jurgen Hempel Jarwin
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (D9)
Brush: Shavemac TSR2015 LE 2-band Silvertip
Scuttle: Yoresh
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Cream: Xpec
Balm: Xpec
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Fourth & Pine

View attachment 1244831
Pre:-
Razor: P&C China Super Blue Tech
Blade: Wizamet Polsilver stainless 1st use
Brush: Omega Boar
Cream: La Toja original
Result: DFS+ bordering BBS

I'm now in with this setup for the whole month of April. In short words not a bad place to be in :c9: . Very comfy shave today and the Tech works great with that cheapy hollow plastic handle.

Haven't used, La Toja, for quite some time, thanks for the reminder :001_smile

View attachment 1244936
SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, APRIL 1, 2021

Welcome to April Fool’s Day, but more importantly my daughter’s birthday! I never expected my “Wild Child” to blossom into the magnificent young woman and mother she’s turned out to be! My shave this morning is dedicated to her and her two children, Mike and Kevin, ages 7 and 9, both of whom like to shave with G-Pop in the morning. I lather the two of them up with whatever I’m using and provide each with a blade-less safety razor when they stay over. We’ll be seeing them later for their Mom’s birthday.

Instead of my usual MWF, I decided on a lime shave this morning. Castle Forbes Lime shaving cream is not for everyone, but I really like it. I fitted my Alpha Shaving T-400 with the 26mm Tuxedo Synth Ferrule and proceeded to generate gobs of rich, slick lather. The Riga Razor with its newly refined edge sailed through the clouds of lime goodness in three easy mug passes. The two pass ATG dome shave featured my LaResche 77, and completed an epic shave kickoff for the first day of the month. I feel refreshed, clean and porcelain smooth.

RAZOR: Riga Razor 15/16 (Mug), LaResche 77 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 with 26mm Tuxedo Synth Ferrule
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lime
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Royall Lyme AS/Cologne

Your razor has teeth :ohmy:

S-R41-SOTD-R_2021-04-01.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Soap: TFS Tabacum Crepito
Razor: Mühle stainless R41 head on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
ASL: Clubman

A good shave. :biggrin:

ANOTHER new razor! This time the new Mühle 316L Stainless Steel version of their R41. It's called the R41GS, GS standing for Grande Stainless. I'm just calling mine a stainless R41, as Grande refers to the handle it comes with (similar to Fatip nomenclature). I immediately changed the handle to my favorite 75mm olive wood custom job.

The Mühle stainless Grande handle is HUGE (to me anyway)... the gripping part is 14.1mm diameter (not that it's that grippy) and the length is 99mm (so it's vaulting pole length but caber thickness)! It weighs in at 78g, so obviously not solid stainless steel.
My olive wood handle weighs 13g. :001_smile
The loaded head weighs 36g.

It'll take me a few shaves to get the hang of the thing (after a solid month with the Wolfman), but it was an enjoyable shave.

AND, another new TFS soap today! Excellent. Its scent followed by the Clubman ASL was a complementary mix (and I'm still enjoying the aroma now [two hours on]).

The brush and the blade were faultless, as ever. :yesnod:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

I love the, Bunny, i've got those too, and your photos inspire me to maybe throw some into my photos, i hope you won't mind? :001_smile or some of the other mini things i have, we'll see, i just came across a box full of stuff like that yesterday, got a bunch of those small doll-house bottles too, from beer to whisky etc :001_smile

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club LE 2012 Mixed Badger/Boar
Soap: DR Harris Windsor
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Cella Aftershave Splash
Scent: DR Harris Traditional Cologne

Haven't using a triple-milled soap for a while, and realised too late into this shave that I had under-hydrated the soap.
Hence, the shave was not as comfortable as typical, but was still very close. Three passes for a BBS result.

Friday:

Preshave: Vichy Laboratoires Normaderm Phytosolution Intense & Jojoba Oil
Razor: Fatip Open Comb Gold
Blade: Treet Carbon “black Beauty” #7
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Vanilla Sandalwood
Brush: Semogue 1800
Aftershave: Jojoba Oil
Perfume: Lalique Homme

Addendum: I've noticed, some of you on here, use actual Preshaves, and i do not want to offend anyone by saying this, so please don't take it as that, but seriously, you're doing nothing but wasting money on a scent :sad:... The oils blended, you can do yourself for a fraction of the cost A few examples: Truefitt & Hill, Bluebards Revenge, etc, it's nothing but cheap oils with scent :( Make your own, 100 ml / 3.4 oz, of a nice oil, depending on your skin type, from Fractionated Coconut Oil, to Jojoba Oil (Which is actually a liquid wax, but the one oil on the planet, that resembles our own (Sebum) the most), heck even Olive Oil will do the trick, especially if you can get a LIGHT version, as that just means they've refined it out of it's scent, you don't wanna run around smelling like Olive Oil, do you?! :) Then add some Essential Oils of your choice, what ever you like, again, different Oils, even when it comes to Essential Oils, have different properties, and not just the scent!!!

I don't like seeing my brothers, or sisters ;) in arms, or shaves, getting screwed over by high-priced advertisements for no reason... Save those money, make something simple yourself, and use those saved money on more important things ;) Like new SHAVING HARDWARE / SOFTWARE :001_tongu Or something nice, for your better half, and or kids or give your other animals a special treat (Yes i said OTHER animals, people tend to forget we're just animals too, Mammals...) :001_smile Basically this is a usable term, if someone is mistreating their better half or kids, that is still animal cruelty :lol:

So did anyone fall for any stupid April Fools this year?! :001_tongu

SOTD.jpg

Have a nice day / evening, gentlemen, and gentletts :)

Feeling sharp is a state of mind. Looking sharp takes work.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
6EC98C75-03CF-4222-8BD8-F2BD7D576526.jpeg

1) Germany: Shaving Cream L’Oréal Men Expert Barber Club Cedarwood Essential Oil brushless Cream.
2) Multinational: Razor Gillette SkinGuard. Cartridge made in Germany, Handle made in Poland and assembled in Poland.
3) France: Alum Block Osma.
4) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’Oréal Men Expert Barber Club Cedarwood Essential Oil Aftershave Balm.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
FRIDAY
PRE: Bloom Water
RAZOR: Gillette ‘51 W2 Gold Aristocrat
BLADE: NOS British Wlkinson Sword
BRUSH: AP Shave Co. 24mm Mixed Badger/Boar
SOAP: Barrister‌ ‌and‌ ‌Mann‌ Seville Shaving Soap

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom