What's new

👍👎😱❤️ SOTD "GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE WEEK" April 17th - April 23, 2023 💩😍🤬🫶

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello B&B!

This SOTD week is a little different…

As many of us are doing a little spring cleaning, let’s give the shaving gear that we aren’t super fond of one last chance.

Does that mean I will re-try the stanky Arko soap, my awful Razorock synth brush, my terrible Merkur blades and my face killing Parker slant razor? Maybe! 🤮

Before you bin, sell or trade your unwanted soaps, blades, razors, brushes and aftershaves, why not give them one last chance? Maybe you will fall in love with something you previously hated. Thank or hate me later. 🤪

So let’s see those Derby blades, Yaqi razors, drugstore Wilkinson Sword soap and synth brushes and lovely scents like the Veg (god forbid!). 😱

Have some fun with it this week and you just might find some hidden gems in your dens (that almost rhymes!).

Being creative and having fun IS mandatory as usual. Sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory. Feel free to post any SOTD photo or just tell us about your shave.

Lets see lots of pics this week!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday injector shave, April 16th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur 50mm AC with a Yaqi Milano polished handle- Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range, simple designed clamping design of blade, small head parts (best to assemble under wash cloth), I find this razor gives me nice shaves 95%> of the time with no skin issues or drama. Excellent shave this morning .
Blade : Schick proline P30 50mm blade(1) , sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Good match with this razor for myself.
Soap : Razorock The Dead Sea croap- nice unique scent that is wonderful + excellent lather qualities. On to my 2nd glass tub.
Brush : Yaqi "Aqua" 24mm HM Silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, soft pillow like tips, nice splay scrubber(reminds me of a boar brush sometimes), excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock The dead Sea with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur 50mm with a Schick proline p30 blade.
SOTD April 16 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Charcoal Goods Gen3 L3
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D1)
Brush: Oscar11 Aqua\White SOC Boar
Bowl: Junichi Tanaka 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Neumann Absolute Zero
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Neumann Absolute Zero

IMG_4771.jpeg

IMG_8458.jpeg

Razor: 195 Gillette "Fat Boy" Adjustable (1959 E2)
Blade: Gillette Platinum (d2)

Soap: Zingari Man Tribe
Brush: Ever Ready 100 (restored w/ synthetic knot)
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Mennen Skin Bracer Cooing Blue

After a long day of getting dirty working on my car, I got my hair cut and then shaved. I felt vintage was in order after listening to Breakfast with the Beatles this morning and because it's Vintage April (and Adjustable April for that matter). I also thought some unobtainium fit the bill so I pull out the sample of Zingari Man Tribe shaving soap I got ahold of and my Skin Bracer Cooling Blue aftershave.

Tribe was interesting. Its scent is comprised of sandalwood, amber, light musk, spices, and leather. It's really nice and smooth with its creamy sandalwood opening. The amber and musk sit behind it and add character while the spice and leather sit even further behind rounding out the accord. I thoroughly enjoyed the fragrance and could see myself wearing it all day long if it were available as a cologne.

I don't know which base this soap is but it was very good. I worked it into a lather with my Ever Ready 100 that was very slick and perfectly protective. With my Fatboy on 9, it just glided over my skin thanks to this wonderful soap. Seriously, this was a good lather.

I did three passes and some light buffing to reach that bbs mark keeping the razor set on 9 the entire time.

Once done shaving I splashed on some outstanding Skin Bracer Cooling Blue. This bit of unobtainium is a little hard to describe but I'll say that it's an aquatic that's fresh, masculine, and ever so slightly powdery.

All in all, this was a great shave that really picked me up and put me in a good mood.

Thanks for reading. Take care and enjoy your shaves.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
5B608EA6-D91F-406B-8EC9-5F66EEE01B39.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) USA: Razor Gillette T3 Black Beauty.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Nacet.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

Mon 17
Soap Colonel Conk Amber
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor John-Bert Cutlery Co "Oilet" Sheffield
Aftershave Clubman Brandy Spice
This soap is known for its slickness and the lather is just marvelous...the splash is fantastic!
Razor is very good! 3 buttery smooth passes for a bbs-dfs finish. This completed my evaluation of the 3 Ebay razors recently received. The seller is genuinely outstanding!
20230417_112740.jpg

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: TroyCraft Sapphire Amphora 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Stirling Varen
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (0.86mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Schick Super Stainless Krona (1)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Stirling Varen Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Polo Green EdT

A superb shave, with some potent fougères in splendid harmony.

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Omega 81052 Boar
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WRS SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Medical Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Duke Cannon ASB
Fragrance
Mont Blanc
Rating
10/10
Comments
How ironic is the theme this week. I had put my Wolfman on the BST some time ago with no takers. I was in the process of moving and wanted to sell off some razors. Now I am glad nobody was interested and today was my third shave in a row with the Wolfman WR 2 SB 1.05 paired with a Personna Medical Prep blade. That combo resulted in another close shave. Today I am using a boar brush: the Omega 81052. As always the brush had an easy time loading the soap and making a rich, slick lather. MdC is on its 77th use. Have a good day and week, folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, April 17th, 2023

Razor : Gem Micromatic Flying wing(AKA= MMBT, guiding eye, MMFW...)- built in 1947-50, mild to tame mid range, mildest of the 3 Micromatic model variants, well built and the heaviest of the 3 Micromatic variant as shown(excluding the plastic tip end variant) + built to last and I had a great shave this morning with no drama.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(5) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Soap : Razorock "The dead Sea", nice unique scent with excellent lather qualities. Just started my 2nd tub!
Brush : Yaqi "Mountain lake" 24 mm 2 band badger, excellent lather generator, pillow like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very enjoyable brush in the hand and performs well!
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock "The Dead Sea" AS with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)5 template 8.5.jpgCCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :thumbup: great shave with my Micromatic Flying wing razor with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD April 17 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Monday
Pre-shave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: Gillette 1940s SuperSpeed
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: Shea Moisture Black Badger
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel/Rolda Freestyle Aftershave
Balm: Anthony All Purpose Facial Moisturizer

SOTD-Knockout-K_2023-04-17.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Knockout [made in Sheffield in 1947]
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (11)
ASL: Clubman Classic Vanilla

A very fine shave. :biggrin:

The magical Knockout gets better every shave, and the rest of the team too. I must be doing something right! :laugh:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Razor: Gem 1912
Blade: Gem SS PTFE (10)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Soap: Chiseled Face Pine Tar
Aftershave: Bootleggers Perfecto Maduro (inspired by)

IMG_2111.jpeg

I’ve given some tentative thoughts to passing this razor along. It shaves very nicely. The handle loosens while I’m shaving once in awhile. That would be the reason for PIFing it. I may try some other alternatives first.

20230416_082900.jpg

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom