What's new

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿ˜ฑโค๏ธ SOTD "GIVE IT ANOTHER CHANCE WEEK" April 17th - April 23, 2023 ๐Ÿ’ฉ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฌ๐Ÿซถ

Status
Not open for further replies.
full

Razor: RazoRock, Game Changer .68-P
Blade: King C. Gillette
Brush: Saponificio Varesino, 2.0 High Mountain White Manchurian
Soap: Saponificio Varesino, Dolomiti - Beta 4.0
Post Shave: Duke Cannon, After-Shave Balm
ย 
Head & Face
SOTD ๐Ÿ’ˆ๐Ÿช’
Pre ESC oil
Leaf ๐Ÿƒ razor
Windex 1930s razor
Both with Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge blades.
Yaqi Aqua Synthetic brush.
MSC Vintage Faberge soap.
Brut AS
M&S Woodspice balm.

Two nice surprises! First was the Windex razor, which was seemingly mild but efficient. Second was the MSC soap, which smelled exactly like Brut, and had amazing slickness, which provided me with a comfortable irritation free shave. Happy Shaving ๐Ÿ˜Š
ย 

Attachments

• 20230422_135937.jpg
    20230422_135937.jpg
    1.1 MB ยท Views: 10
photo_2023-04-22_20-26-25.jpg

SOTD From INDIA
Here is what I experienced:
  • It's easier to lather in a bowl than on the face. I will use bowl lathering for next few shaves.
  • This out of production shave gel sticks to the bowl. Hence to un-stick it I used PW shave soap. It helped but it was too sticky. Also, PW has an extremely strong fragrance but this shave gel totally wiped off the PW soap scent. Stranger thing is this shave gel does not even have a strong scent. Imagine is medium scent taking over a stronger scent :-|
  • As soon as I put the Laser Ultra on my face and pushed the razor down, I immediately understood, this blade is not meant for this razor. Tugging started. I thought maybe I need more hydrated lather for this shave gel. I hydrated it so much that lather started to pour down a bit on my chest. I tried the blade again but no luck. I knew what I was going to do next
  • Been shaving for 4 months now and for the first two months I stuck with Gillette Permasharp blade. So even though this blade is unevenly sharp and bites/cuts, I have lot of experience in handling it. So this experience is the reason I have become good at immediately identifying blades. You just know it is made for you or not. So, I switched to Gillette Permasharp blade and behold, immediately I could feel the difference.
  • I did 2 passes and not a single cut or nick. Alum had much lesser sting than usual
  • Even if the blade suited the razor, I still don't feel like using this razor again. Why? Because I was on constant guard, 100% alert 100% of the shaving time. You never know when this razor is going to slice you off (which you can feel immediately) and when it is going to give you a good nick (which it does without making you feel anything, you only realize 20/30 seconds later when a blood spot appears). Shaving is supposed to relax you and this razor does the opposite. I feel like I should have a drink or two just to relax my mind after shaving with this razor. So it is not gonna be used again, ever.
Jawan razors cancelled my order of COMMANDO without giving a reason. So, I am in search of a good razor again. What I have learned, practically, is: it does not matter if razor is aggressive/mild, all it matters is it gives DFS in 2 passes comfortably.

In India, generally well known razors (RR, Muhle etc) are rather expensive. So far looking at Pearl K2 and R41 clone from India called Romer-7 CS11.
ย 
SOTD APRIL 22
April 2023 GRUME
SV Saturday
Semogue Saturdays

Hello friends

I woke up looking forward to shaving. Saturday dawned sunny but temperate. I decided on a Vetiver-scented shave; SV Desert Vetiver and Malizia Uomo. I was accompanied on this magnificent journey by my new best friend, Green Cult 2.0, today in its hardcore version: baseplate IV, with Gillette Nacet (3) and the wonderful Semogue SOC Boar. For the fairy-tale finishing, Tom Ford Grey Vetiver EdT.

Today's special guest was the great Gene Ammons, playing his amazing version of My Romance.

Rating: 9,5

Have a nice weekend and great shaves.

Cheers!
โค๏ธ๐Ÿช’

11951756-DB0A-4EB3-B50A-565679D415F0.jpeg

B8C35F7B-5904-49A9-8A66-28163730A92C.jpeg
ย 
20230421_081634.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1957 C2 Red Tip Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Brush: The CaYuen Workshop Candy Cane in HD Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Lone Star
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
ย 
54A02E8A-45C5-4C74-9457-62173E2AF513.jpeg

Razor: Karve Overlander brass
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Soap: Ethos Rendezvous S base
Brush: Semogue 2040HD Silvertip
Post Shave: Alum
Balm: Stirling Unscented

I felt like a break from the theme. These are some of my favorites. This is the first time Iโ€™ve used them all together. A fantastic shave!
ย 

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Fatip Slant OC/RR Super Knurl
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (D7)
Brush: Semogue 1305
Bowl: Olivewood 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Jabonman Mountain
Butter: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitรจ
Aftershave: Extro Rasoio E Pennello Summer 2015
โ€‹
ย 
IMG_4796.jpeg

Razor: 1969 O4 Gillette Super Adjustable
Blade: 1973 T4 Gillette Blue Blade (d1)

Soap: Gentleman's Nod Musashi (c4+)
Brush: The Wet Shaving Store Faux Horn Resin V1 w/ 26mm G7 knot
Bowl: Bluff Cove Pottery

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Gentleman's Nod Musashi

In honor of Earth Day, I decided to use Gentleman's Nod Musashi. I also thought it most appropriate to use a synthetic brush and vintage hardware. With that said, the Gillette Super Adjustable is one of my favorite vintage Gillette razors, and this special release gold one is extra special to me.

In keeping with the vintage theme I opted for a T4 (1973) Gillette Blue Blade. Compared to some modern-day blades these aren't "the best a man can get". The nostalgia is strong with these blades though which makes them pretty cool in my book.

I did a three-pass shave with the G.N. C4+ soap base coming through like a champ. It really is a great soap base that I highly recommended you try if you've never.

The fragrance of Musashi is like no other in the wet shaving world. It's well-crafted and uniquely sophisticated, to say the least. I definitely appreciate the attention to detail that went into crafting this fragrance. It's a favorite of mine for sure.

With my shave complete I did my post-shave ritual, finishing that up with some matching Musashi aftershave. The aftershave feels different but in a good way. The oil in it feels soothing when applied but after the dry-down, the oily feeling is gone and you're left with a great post-shave feel.

So, a great shave was had and I'm thankful for all of the resources our amazing Earth provided to facilitate it.

On this Earth Day 2023 please do something, anything, to show your appreciation for this truly wonderful spaceship Earth we all live on.

Take care everyone and enjoy your shaves.
ย 
Last edited:
Sun 23
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana
Brush Yaqi 26mm Moka Express
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
Aftershave Clubman Whiskey Woods
A nice aromatic cigarish soap. The lather was acceptable, and the brush and splash were great!
This razor was nice enough for the 3-pass shave for a bbs-ccs finish. I prefer the edge to be crispier...
20230423_122613.jpg
ย 

SOTD: 23rd April 2023.

2.jpg

โ€‹
Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 11137.
Face Lather.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave sticks (Grated)
Blade: Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. (D2)
Razor: Merkur 34C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Brut Original ASL. /Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Another excellent shave where everything worked together superbly...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
ย 
Status
Not open for further replies.