Another spring day at last,
after several sub-freezing morns.

Stay healthy, everyone!

Mon 29th SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
Razor GEM Push Button
Blade GEM Stainless 2nd (Stropped)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + The Goodfellas Smile Abysso
Good soap/croap. Very pleasant mid-strength scent with creamy slick lather...
Shave with the razor paired with the blade that I stropped was very very smooth and comfortable for 3passes for a mostly BBS result. The aftershaves were excellent. Very enjoyable GEM session! Rating 10/10!!
View attachment 1243422
View attachment 1243423
I like the dollop of cream!

Monday shave

21FDDF15-F747-4A61-B864-EED126ADF076.jpeg

Prep: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Soap: DG La Petite Prairie
Brush: Vulfix Grosvenor mixed badger/boar
Razor: Timeless .68 and .95, matte SS, #7 for each
Blade: Rapira Swedish Supersteel, #4 and binned
Post: alum -> hyaluronic acid -> DG La Petite Prairie aftershave

Head-to-head with the .68 and .95 base plates again. Reverse order from last night: .95 on right cheek and left neck and .68 for the opposite. Two passes WTG/XTG on my face and N-S on my neck. Result: better than last night with DFS everywhere except the left side of my lower neck, which improved to CCS. Again, the .95 areas were slightly smoother overall. Feedback was nonexistent on the .95 areas and very mild on the .68. Another enjoyable shave.

SOTD, Saturday, April 10, 2021

Nice 2-pass DFS shave.

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Global Shave Club Fatguy (2020) (4)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (3)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Pre-Shave: Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Aftershave: Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

SOTD : 11th April 2021.

78.jpg

Shaving Recipe For today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
Face Lather.
Lather: Blue's Goat Milk Shaving Soap.
Blade: Indian Gillette 7'0clock Super Platinum.(D2)
Razor: Baili BD 191.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings ,Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils +.3 Menthol Crystals. Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Aloe Vera Gel./ P&G Old Spice Swagger ASL.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave...It's a while since i last added the Baili BD 191 .to my razor rotation...The "Tech closed head design" gives extra protection and no risk of catching my ear lobes or under my nose with the blade ends when shaving...The weight of the razor makes it 'top heavy' of which for me i don't mind, because the hefty weight does all the work with no pressure is needed when shaving.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off a with a generous splash of P&G Old Spice Swagger ASL.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

View attachment 1244007
SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, MARCH 30, 2021

I’m fortunate to belong to the TSD’s 30DC thread crew. In addition to making great friends, I get to benefit from the wealth of wet shaving know-how we all collectively possess, as well as the output of several highly skilled brush handle makers, one of whom builds anodized aluminum handles on his own home grown CNC equipment. I’ve really taken to his latest LE offering, this gorgeous blue LE handle.

Over the last few years I find myself beginning to migrate away from natural fiber brushes to the newer synthetics that have improved immeasurably from the original non-absorbent nylon offerings. I own several, but have been blown away by the effectiveness of the new 24mm SynBad knot I fitted to this superbly balanced handle. Not only does it have excellent flow-through, but it has incredible softness with sufficient backbone to bowl lather MWF, my ultimate test of any brush.

Mike’s Hungarian Lavender, like all his offerings, is an excellent soap, but unfortunately had sat unused in the empty condo for over a year. While I can’t speak to the scent, I can testify to the great protective lather and glide provided. The Wade & Butcher 7/8 sailed through my mug stubble in three lovely passes leaving my face glassysmooth. The Supply V2 completed its two ATG dome passes leaving your happy narrator refreshed, cool, and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Wade & Butcher 7/8 (Mug), SS Supply V2
BLADE: Schick Twin Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE LE Blue Aluminum Handle with SynBad Knot
SOAP: Mike’s Hungarian Lavender
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

How high up is that combo?
All the other buildings look dwarfed!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
FRIDAY
23 April, 2021

______

Gel: Elegance Plus "Jupiter"
Razor: RR Mamba 70
Blade: USTA
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Zizanie de Fragonard