What's new

🎵 🎸 🥁 🎻 🎷 🎶 SOTD - “Favorite Music" Theme Week” - October 2nd, 2023 to October 8th, 2023 🎵 🎸 🥁 🎻 🎷 🎶

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blackland Dart

photo_2023-10-06_10-54-11.jpg

SOTD….. music theme week
A no nonsense get it done shave this morning.
HensonTi +++, fresh Wizamet Iridium super, Trumper’s SB3 brush, and SV Opuntia soap.
Been using vintage razors mainly this week but today it was Henson time. This razor gives me a fast, hassle free , top class shave. You can be a bit , shall we say, hurried without any fear of cuts or weepers….even with the +++ one. Wizamet blade and a light face lather with SV is all you need. Was a kind of 2 pass in one….WTG and ATG using the marvellous slickness from the SV soap. Had to apply some more lather to my neck but the Henson likes a fine layer…..for me anyway. Job done.
Fast , quick, and super smooth.
Rinse and no reports of irritation from Corporal Alum. Rinse again , Thayer’s and a splash of the matching Opuntia AS.
Lovely 10/10.
I love Creedence. Their stretched out version of rockabilly Dale Hawkins’ Suzie Q sounds terrific as does the cover of Screaming Jay Hawkins’ ( definitely not brothers) I Put A Spell On You.
My mate’s dad introduced me to them and whenever I play it I think of Bob rocking out on his air guitar to Suzie Q. RIP old friend.

IMG_5893.jpeg

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Uomo da Vinci 293
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
RR Stealth Slant (Prototype)
Blade
Personna Med Prep
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10
Comments
This is the second shave with my RR Stealth Slant Prototype with a Personna Medical Prep blade. This razor, as always, gave me a very close and comfortable. My only complaint about this razor is the head is so bulky it is difficult to shave the mustache area, particularly under my “substantial” nose. No nicks, cuts, or weepers. I used my Uomo da Vinci 293 Silvertip brush, a nice brush. This brush is the little brother to the 293 brush that I have. A BBS perfect shave. Have a great day, folks.

Monday

Brush: Omega 13522 Pure
Cream: Arko Lemon
Razor: Leresche 51
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
A/S: Skin Bracer
Cologne / Fragrance: Quorum

Tuesday

Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Cream: J.M. Fraser's
A/S: Power Stick (Dollar Tree balm)
Cologne / Fragrance: None

Wednesday

A/S: Brut
Cologne / Fragrance: Brut

Thursday

Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Cologne / Fragrance: Azzaro Night Time

Friday

Brush: Omega 13522 Pure
Cologne / Fragrance: Aspen

Mike

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Friday October6th 2023

Razor : Yaqi SE Excalibur 50mm AC type with a Milano 316 SSP handle - Mfg 2021>, tame mid range. Excellent design, simple clamping design + small head parts to assemble makes for a nice nimble razor for shaving needs. One of my favorite razors to use and is top tier in my razor rotation and gets usually once a week mostly. Had a stellar shave this morning!
Blade : Schick proline p30 (1) sharp and smooth with great longevity. Good match with this razor I have concluded.
Soap : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier, Very nice scent (Aramis classic) with excellent lather qualities. Yaqi uses Master soap creations SA to make their soaps and fragrances!
Brush : Yaqi " Moka Express" 26mm Husky knot, Excellent lather generator, Luxury Heavenly cloud soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter. Bought this brush on Yaqi store site - more than likely a test sample because it's a odd ball.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Yaqi Musketeer Rapier + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2) 1 10.545 1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Had a Stellar close comfortable shave this morning with my Yaqi Excalibur SE with a Schick proline 50mm blade. (It does not get much better a shave IMO!)
SOTD October 6 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom