What's new

🛩️ 💰 💴 🤑 💎 SOTD - “Fancy Gear Week” May 1st-7th, 2023 💰 💴 🤑 💎 🛩️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Proraso White
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Brush: AD Works "F-18"
Lather: Mason Boutique "Maya"
Razor: 1951 Gillette "Super Speed" (metal tip)
Blade: Feather
Witch hazel: Pearlessence "Rose Water"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Brut (Fabergé)
Face cream: Dove Men+ Care "Ultra Hydra"

2023-05-05.jpg

SOTD: 6th May 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Razor: Parker 94R. (Face) - Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head/Dome) - (D1)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Cella Bio Organic Aloe Vera ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...For the next month or longer I will be using both the Parker 94R. for my face shaves & the Gillette Guard for my weekly head/dome shaves.

I can't recall the last time i paired the Parker 94R together with the Korean Dorco Prime Platinum...All the Parker three piece DE razors have the same head design and are quite efficient the hefty 94R is more so than most and the Dorco PP made a smooth efficient razor & blade duo. The Dorco PP I find to be very forgiving, which has a good balance of aggression & smoothness.

What i like about my Parker razors is they have great audio feedback which i like because it's telling me the razor is doing it's job and I've found my correct shaving angle.

It's been a while since i last used the Gillette Guard. I have mentioned before when I first started to fully shave my head and before i had the shaving confidence & technique to do so with a DE or SE razor my razor of choice was the Gillette guard. It's the only cartridge razor i still add to my razor rotation and will continue to do so in the near future.

My first maiden shave with it felt like i was shaving with a potato peeler due to the tilting/pivoting head design but what I really like about is it doesn't clog up due to it been open comb having a large blade gap, one of the few if any open comb single edge cartridge razors on the market. It's excellent for tight spots and problem areas.

The Gillette Guard is easy to adjust to when shaving with it...I can normally get 3-5 max combined face & head shaves from one cartridge-head which is excellent value especially for head/dome shaving....

It's an ideal travel razor, or when you're in need of a quick close presentable face or head shave. What more can i ask for, admittedly I wouldn't replace it for my DE or SE razors but I will continue putting the Gillette guard into my razor rotation from time to time.

To be honest after my head/dome shave with the Gillette Guard today was near equal to what i get from my Injector razors which are my go to head/dome shaving tools.

If I had to choose one go-to razor for shaving my head then after my shave today the Gillette guard would be a very strong contender purely because it's such a comfortable good performing razor to use the pivoting head makes the shave effortless almost "auto pilot safe" without having to find the right shaving angle as the Gillette guard head does it for you which is a big bonus especially for head/dome shaving adding to that the replacement heads/cartridge you can get at a very inexpensive reasonable price.

My only gripes with it are the plastic issue which I suppose will be recycled in the near future somehow, and it's very light in weight which you are tempted to extra pressure when shaving with it but like any razor I follow the golden rule regardless treating it with respect and don't add excessive pressure as If you do it'll bite and cause irritation just like any other razor will.

First try of the Cella-Green Bio Organic Aloe Vera ASL which was a great finish to my shave. The scent to my nose of both the shaving cream & ASL has mild-light fresh & Citrusy fragrance which is very pleasing leaving a good post shave feel.

Another enjoyable close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. 😉

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. 😎

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
13370912-BBFA-4A99-A132-29792313AD2D.jpeg

1) United Kingdom: Brush Hawkins and Brimble Synthetic Brush.
2) Italy: Shaving Cream Figaro Shaving Cream.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) India: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Black.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Vera Wang For Men Cologne.

SOTD 06-May
20230505_125539.jpg

Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: A&E Cha Cha Matcha
Razor: Friodur 17

Late one but an excellent shave, another novel scent and departure from the tobacco &/or leather. More of a spring/summer for me, which is obviously good timing.

Smooth and smelling fresh, hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Rockwell 6S #3
Blade: Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra 2
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps ‘Forest City Fern’
Fragrance: Beau de Jour (2020 version) by Tom Ford

an absolutely stunning shave today... the Bleue Extra, once you've got the 1st shave out of the way, is incredibly smooth, and the Shannon's soap has always been a fantastic performer, with a scent that is simply begging to be paired with something like Beau de Jour.. Fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Saturday, May 6th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Top aggressive slant razor, Mfg 2019>, aggressive range, excellent slant when I use a steep angle(ridding the bar) with a short handle seems to work well for myself. I enjoy the shave it offers and it also tells me if my technique is good order. I try not to plunk the razor at the start of a stroke because it will bite usually. Todays shave was mostly uneventful with stellar results.
Blade : Gillette 7oClock SP(2) sharp & smoooth with reasonable longevity.
Soap : Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood, nice Bayrum with a bit of sweetness of sandalwood scents + excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "orbital ring" boar bristle, excellent lather generator, soft split end boar bristles, great splay scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic) Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : witch hazel beard soap residual cleanse & Ogallala Bayrum & sandalwood aftershave + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2) 1 10.545.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi Top aggressive slant with a Gillette 7oClock SP blade.
SOTD May 6 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
20230505_075959.jpg

Razor: Gillette Trac II TwinJector Injector Razor
Blade: Schick Injector Twin
Brush: Rudy Vey 2022 B & B Contributor Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Lone Star
Aftershave: Proraso Green Splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Frank Shaving Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson Ali ++
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Everyman Jack ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
A beautiful Saturday today and a very relaxing shave. Today I am back to a synthetic brush: a Frank Shaving Snstshetic. Funny experience. I have a house guest who observed the drawer where I have my shaving brushes stored. The question I was asked was why I have over 30 shaving brushes. My answer so they thoroughly dry between uses got a skeptical look. The MdC is on its 96th use and still is going strong. The Wizamet blade is on its 4th use. A perfect shave on what promises to be a perfect day. Have a great day and weekend, folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Head and face SOTD💈🪒
Gillette Super-Speed USA with Gillette Platinum blade.
Leaf razor with two Euromax singles.
Omega Boar brush.
MWF soap.
Proraso splash.
My Beard face conditioner.

Super Saturday shave.
Another awe-inspiring shave with a vintage Gillette and the Leaf razor. The fat performed exceptionally well and left me feeling supple. A spritz of Proraso and smelling good, too.
Happy Shaving 😊

20230506_160111.jpg

Saturday, May 6, 2023.

Floïd oil pre shave. Lodrino: 34th Street NYC, Shaving soap & After Shave Lotion. Pablo Fuertes: a) Pomo (knob), shaving brush: Boti Two Band Badger Hair fan Knot 24 mm, Patriot kirinite handle. b) Jose Monserrat Pou: Filarmónica 14 Doble Temple, patriot kirinite custom scales. Jimmy Choo Man, EdT.
IMG_4774.jpeg

Last edited:
SOTD 20230506
Prep: Tüff Vor der Rasur
Bowl: Symmetrial Pottery
Brush: The Varlet Ranger
Soap: Doco Berlin Barber
Razor: Rocel Sailor Series MC 2023
Blade: Gillette Nacet
AS: Tüff Rasierwasser
AS: Dovo Berlin Barber

proxy.php