What's new

🛩️ 💰 💴 🤑 💎 SOTD - “Fancy Gear Week” May 1st-7th, 2023 💰 💴 🤑 💎 🛩️

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there, B&Bers!

For this Week’s SOTD Theme Week, we want to see your BALLER/fanciest shaving gear. Post your Wolfman razors, pre-embargo Ivory Simpson brushes, vintage razor blades, fancy-smancy niche French colognes and unobtainium artisanal soaps! Doesn’t HAVE to be Fancy, but show us your best. If you are happy rockin’ your $6 Lord razor with a cheap no name brush and Williams Mug Soap, that’s cool too!

This Weekly Theme is one I always look forward to as I love seeing quality shaving gear. I want to see your Black Eagle and Varlet shaving brushes, titanium razors, vintage Gillette Spoiler blades and fancy Sē'bŭm Luxury soaps. Or a
“diamond-encrusted, rock-from-Mars-handled, wild Matterhorn uber-white super-silvertip brush hand knotted by the Virgin Mary herself”. as @Doc4 said so eloquently many years ago… and I still want to see one!

If you don’t have anything themed, post pics of your usual SOTD or just tell us about it.

As always, being creative and having fun IS mandatory but sticking with the theme is NOT mandatory but very strongly encouraged.

Let’s see the best of your best shaving gear!

Menthol Monday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Schick Repeating Razor C2
Blade: Schick (D1)
Brush: Semogue 2021 Spanish Shavers Boar Limited Edition
Bowl: Doug Smith 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ach Brito Glyce Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Barrister & Mann Arctique
Balm: Nancy Boy Cooling Gel
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Arctique

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
0E04CDF9-E1B3-4A7F-8005-78B11E322DB5.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso White Tub.
3) Germany: Razor Merkur 34C.
4) India: Razor Blade Gillette 7 O’clock Black.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Classic Cologne.

SOTD 01-May
20230501_073324.jpg

Brush: C&H 'Finned'
Soap: GN Ernest
Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: Rubie(2)

Cracking shave as always with the Athena, with the Ernest coming along for the ride, it was an excellent one. Very tempted to dive in on a few more GN sets but they're not as easy to get hold of as I'd like over here.

I took part in my home forum's 'Artisan April' almost by default, this time around I'll have to get to know my soaps a little better to take part in 'The Milky-May'. Today's was a lucky one, had picked this out yesterday and a quick perusal of the ingredients calls out good old goat milk...phew.

Good shave and smelling good, hope everyone has a grand one on this miserable (albeit free day off so won't whinge) bank holiday.

Cheers

Marc

Monday, May 1, 2023.

Truefitt & Hhill, oil pre shave. Lodrino: La Riviera, shaving soap & EdT. Yaqi 1731, two bands badgr, Mysterious Space handle. Nameless straight razor, Swedish steel, 7/8, full hollow ground, with custom kirinite artic blue scales. 4711 Original EdC.
IMG_4744.jpeg

Monday
Pre-shave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /King C Gillette Transparent Shave Gel
Razor: Gillette 1940s SuperSpeed
Blade: Asco Platinum
Brush: EverReady C40
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Alum/Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel/Rolda Freestyle Aftershave
Balm: Anthony All Purpose Facial Moisturizer

Shave of Day.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
B&B LE 2012 by Rudy Vey
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Henson Ti ++
Blade
Kai
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Proraso ASB
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Starting the week off with the B&B LE 2012 brush by Rudy Vey. The keyhole design of this brush is one that I like. In fact, I liked it so much that I asked Rudy to make me a duplicate but with a 28mm knot! The Henson/Kai combo is on its 5th use and the MdC is on its 91st use. A perfect shave. Have a great day and week.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
MMMonday, May 1st 2023

Razor : Micromatic Clog Pruf, Peerless model- Mfg 1945, mid range, well designed and built to last many generations. This is one of favorite Micromatics of the 3 Micromatic base models that where produced for decades. Had a close comfortable no issues shave this morning with a historical excellent razor .
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(8) very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade for handling.
Soap : La Toja stick, very mild scent with great lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi " Artic sky" 24mm 3band silvertip badger, excellent lather generator, heavenly pillow like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Razorock Amici splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my MMCP with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD May1st 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20230430_084609.jpg

Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog-Pruf Peerless, Gold Washed
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Status