Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Murray & Lanman Florida Water
Nivea Maximum Hydration Balm
Nautica Blue
SOTD5-7-23.jpeg

05/07/23 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Pré de Provence - Lime Zest Soap Bar
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Sci-Fi Lime Conditioning Shampoo Puck - Invigorating, Uplifting & Energetic!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements ICE CUBE 2.0 Preshave Soap - Mentholated
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Lime Ginger Tea Tree Shave Soap - Another Phoenix Classic!
Chisel & Hound Nug Lily Brush with 26mm v19 Fanchurian Badger Knot - 1st Use
The Ca Yuen Workshop - The Large "Kryptonite" Textured Wet Shaving Lathering Dish
Phoenix Shaving Ceramic Moonscape Brush Scuttle
The Leaf Razor Prism Finish 3 Blade Configuration
Derby Extra Blade - 1st Shave
Lancaster Razor Works Luck O' the Sheep Irish Green Black Sheep Shaving Towel with Gold Detachable Logo Tag
Phoenix Shaving No Slip Grip Alum Block
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Alum Block Dry Dock System
Thayers Alcohol Free Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Lime Ginger Tea Tree Aftershave/Cologne
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Epic 5% Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) Serum
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Lime Ginger Tea Tree Natural Deodorant - Sport Strength
Ariana & Evans All Natural Hybrid Beer Pomade - Charred Sandalwood & Bourbon (firm hold)
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Official Phoenix Shaving Barber's Mat! The Perfect Addition to Your Shave Station!
A IMG_3279.jpeg

Pre-shave: Inhibitif oil
Brush: West Coast Shaving
Lather: Mason Boutique "Evelyn"
Razor: 1951 Gillette Super Speed (black tip / steel handle)
Blade: Father
Witch hazel: Thayers "Original"
Alum block: Osma
After shave: Denim "Chill"
Face cream: Neutrogena "Hydro Boost"

2023-05-07.jpg

20230506_073808.jpg

Razor: Above the Tie G1 V1.5 Single Edge Razor
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Craving Shaving Neptune's Fortune, G5A knot
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Truefitt & Hill Apsley
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday SE shave, May 7th 2023

Razor : Yaqi Excalibur AC, 50mm with Yaqi Milano SS handle , Mfg 2021>, mild to tame mid range, simple blade clamping system, very small head parts, very enjoyable razor head with the Milano handle. Very comfortable close shave this morning.
I think this could be a great daily driver IMO.
Blade : Schick proline p30 50mm (3)- sharp & smooth with reasonable longevity. Great blade with the Yaqi Excalibur razor.
Soap : Gillette Pure Cream, nice sweet clean scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush : Yaqi "black marble" 24mm tuxedo knot, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, gentle splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Nivea freshness splash + a dollop of Nivea Sensitive balm.
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)2 template 10.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave with my Yaqi Excalibur SE 50mm with a coated Schick proline 50mm p30 blade.
SOTD May 7 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD (Fixed Four: 5 of 31)
SOTD-Athena-X28-R_2023-05-07.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 20/46 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Clubman
Razor: Lambda Athena X28 (5)
Blade: Gillette 7o'clock Black (5)
ASL: Clubman Classic Vanilla

An excellent shave. :biggrin:
All is well in ZenShaveLand. :sorcerer:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Modern May 2023

Razor: Lambda Athena
Blade: King C (1)
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Hags Darkside (Donkey Milk base)
Aftershave: Rex Supply 1955 splash, White Proraso Balm (on neck area, more prone to irritation and 10 minutes after using splash on face), Duke Cannon Aftershave Balm (later on after to get a nice cooling feel)

(If this is too long for your reading you can skip of course or even if it was shorter you can always skip, this is just my thoughts after a shave :001_smile, I thought I'd be shorter but ended up typing longer)

Well my first time using this razor and I did enjoy it quite a bit! I did not find the handle too long at all, rather thought it worked really well with the razor after the first few strokes getting used to it. I liked the heft, the looks, the engineering and the general quality feel of the razor, I really did. I almost forgot about the water shooting thru the channels but I did remember after doing my first rinse and how cool it was to see and efficient to in clearing out the lather! It was quite awesome, the King C did not have lather afterwards on it so it did a good job there.

The shave itself was good. I found the angle pretty quickly on this one, neutral to steep worked well for me. It was efficient, surpinngsly (like many have said) given the lack of blade exposure and feel. I know I have said this before but the shave specs on this vs how it actually shaves is rather true, way more efficient than it should be with what to me was 0 blade feel or so little I didn't feel it. Blade does not bother me whatsoever so I wouldn't be the greatest person to judge on that. It was also gentle on the skin as well.

I usually play music when I shave, its one of the things I really, really like to do but in this case I did not because I wanted to hear the razor auditory feed back. It really does sound like your putting butter on toasted bread, it was quite cool to hear.

The Hag soap was really good except it took me a bit to get the lather going. I am a face lather and usually once I load the brush (badger) after its pre soaked its not a problem but this time it took some time to get the lather to get going meaning more loading and more water, maybe I didn't load up enough (I usally do more than I need) but I think this might be a soap that needs more water to use. I might even try to start in a bowl before I face lather or bowl later altogether to see how much water is needed. Once I got it going, its a very good soap, really nice post shave feel.

The 1955 splash was good, I enjoyed the clean scent of it, I don't use alum but always enjoy the aftershave sting/feel and this did the trick there. Proraso white to prevent any irritation or get razor burn, it just does the trick. The Duke Cannon after a bit to get that cooling feel, not the most menthol feeling to me but it still has a nice cooling sensation.

The shave was good actually, achieved a very nice DFS+/BBS on 4 day growth with no cuts, weepers, nick, irritation. I thought I would get to maybe a DFS when I started but with cold water the shave always feel closer later on and yea it did.

I really like this razor thus far, I think I can get much better results to.

20230507_164325.jpg

Missed quite a few days due to travel...
Thu 4
Soap & Aftershave Proraso Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Goblin Husky Knot
Razor Gillette Tech
Blade Derby Extra 3rd
20230503_222340.jpg

Fri 5 Blade Challenge #6
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi Malibu
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor Karve Brass SB-F
Blade #1 Polsilver Vintage Stainless 6th
Blade #2 Gillette Nacet 5th
20230507_224215.jpg

Sat 6 Blade Challenge #7
Soap & Aftershave Yaqi The Green
Brush Yaqi 24mm Green Mink
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade #1 Polsilver Vintage Stainless 7th
Blade #2 Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 5th
20230507_224511.jpg

Sun 7 Blade Challenge #8
Soap Geo F. Trumpers Violet
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade #1 Polsilver Vintage Stainless 8th
Blade #2 Gillette Nacet 6th
Aftershave Yaqi Malibu Splash
20230507_230522.jpg

Mon 8
Soap & Aftershave Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Wade & Butcher 13/16 Wedge
The soap's lather and scent are good. The brush is a joy to use.
This razor was put through the HBA around 200 laps with just water. The edge is ok..smooth and keen enough but wanted it to be better. Overall a dfs+ finish after 3passes...
20230508_161053.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
6C59FC1A-B9D4-4B1C-B168-5ADF01D145F8.jpeg

1) China: Brush Yaqi Rainbow No 26 Synthetic Horsehair.
2) Italy: Shaving Soap Proraso Red Tub.
3) China: Razor King C Gillette DE Razor.
4) Russia: Razor Blade Gillette Nacet.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Replenishing Post Shave Balm.
7) USA: EDT Jovan Musk Cologne.

5/9/23
Bourbon French Doussan
Vie-Long 12705
5/8 C.V. Heljestrand Mark #3
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
West Coast Shaving Alum Block
Oleo Soap Co. "Bonaire"
Nivea Maximum Hydration
Bourbon French Doussan EdT
SOTD5-9-23.jpeg

Status