What's new

🐱 🐶 🦡 🐴 🐷 🐅 🦑 🐠 🐍 🦇 🐊 SOTD “Animal Week” August 14th - 20th, 2023 🐱 🐶 🦡 🐴 🐷 🐅 🦑 🐠 🐍 🦇 🐊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Mann und Federlein Mannos #14 7/8“ (Horsebrand) (horn scales)
Brush: RasurKult 2-Band Badger „Pfauenauge“ (eye on a peacock‘s tail)
Soap: I Coloniali Mango
Aftershave: Ariana & Evans Revolution

IMG_5799.jpeg

IMG_5853.jpeg

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless (D11)

Lather: P.A.A. Sacré Bleu
Brush: Yaqi Ocean (28mm)
Bowl: P.A.A. Travel Scuttle

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: P.A.A. Sacré Bleu

What a great shave this was. Phoenix Shaving has done an insane job with this homage to classic Aqua Velva. It's just good in every way and in all honesty, my words cannot do it justice. You can't go wrong with a true classic like Aqua Velva and for a software set like this to exist with Phoenix Shaving's touch... All I can say is that I hope you have some.

The 28mm knot in the Yaqi Ocean was a little large for the Travel Scuttle and did require slight alteration in how I used it with the scuttle but in the end, it was fine. Actually, I think the combination worked out quite well.

With the Blackbird, you know what you're going to get. A genuine efficient shave with a little blade feel and perfect results. I feel like the Blackbird should be in every man's shave den with as good and reliable as it is.

I did three passes without issue then went through my post-shave routine. Applying the aftershave was the best part though. Sacré Bleu is just too good and the aftershave is phenomenal. It has a cooling effect that just adds to the already good experience.

As I said, this was a great shave. Thanks for reading. Now go enjoy a great shave of your own.

Last edited:

Thursday SOTD
20230815_125525.jpg

Razor: Occam Razor SE
Blade: Feather Pro (D4)
Brush: Semogue 2013 Barbear Classico Mistura
Bowl: Olivewood 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: Proraso Sensitive
Shave Cream: Al’s Auguri
Butter: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux La Foret de Liguest

Thought I would get one Arko August shave in before the end of the month

SOTD: 08/16/2023

Razor: Asylum Rx-v2
Blade: Schick Proline (SE), 1st use
Brush: Zenith 506
Preshave: Proraso Green Pre-post
Soap: Arko Puck in the Old Spice mug
Aftershave: Lime Sec
Balm: PAA Sci-Fi Lime
Additional Care: Maggard’s Alum Block
Additional Care: Thayer’s Coconut Water Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Caron Yatagan EdT

3 out of 5 stars tonight

I cut the living crap out of my face tonight, had just a little to much confidence in my skills with a SE artist club style razor and the new Asylum won the battle of my face tonight, wish I would not have used the Proraso pre I might have noticed the little cuts I was making all over my face sooner. I will say this I am BBS if nothing else.
IMG_5672.jpeg

Razor: Razorock Lupo head / Rod George Designs handle - aka il Lupo Bruto
Blade - Bic Platinum Chrome (2)
Brush - Bottega Del Borgo My Little Fella blue stab burl brush
Software - Noble Otter Orbit 🦦

When I got this big brutish razor handle from Rod George Designs, which I have fittingly named "il Bruto," I had the Razorock Lupo .58 head in mind to pair with it. Combined, the razor has become "il Lupo Bruto," which in Italian translates to the brute wolf. This combination is a pleasure to use - the razor head is smooth and efficient, and the weight and mass of the handle makes it very easy to let gravity do the work.

The brush from Bottega Del Borgo features a burlwood handle which is beautiful and grippy when wet. The badger knot is soft and has good backbone. The shape is very comfortable to hold.

Noble Otter has always been one of the top performing soaps in my den and the Orbit is no exception. While not as cold as the Northern Elixir, it's still has a pleasant cooling effect after the shave.

Great shave overall.
1000000946.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_6819.jpeg

1) Portugal: Brush Semogue Heriditus 830 Boar.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Arko.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) China: Razor Blade Yellow/Pink Flying Eagle.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Replenishing Post Shave Balm.
7) Spain: EDT Nautica Blue.

A SOD.jpg

Pre-Shave
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Face Soap
Soap/Cream
Martin de Candre
Brush
Zenith Manchurian
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2
Blade
Personna Medical Prep blade
Aftershave
Thayers WH & TOBS Sandalwood After Shave Gel
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10
Comments
Starting with a different razor today: my Wolfman WR loaded with a Personna Medical Prep blade. This was the first shave using this combo. The brush today is one of the densest brushes I own: Zenith Manchurian. This brush does an excellent job. It loads easily and feels great on my face. This is the 19th shave with the MdC puck. Today I am trying an after-shave gel that I have had for a long time: It is very soothing. A nice BBS shave. Have a good day folks.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Thursday, August 17th 2023

Razor : Gem Micromatic flying wing(AKA=Guiding eye, MMBT)- MFG 1947-50, mild to tame mid range depending on the # of shaves on razor. Well built and designed to last generations with a little care. This is the mildest of the 3 different micromatics variants IMO. I receive nice shaves with a fresh blade with this well built razor has been my findings over the years.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (1) very sharp, excellent longevity, smooths out nicely, predictable + safest blade to handle.
Brush : Yaqi "Mysterious space" 24mm 3band silvertip, excellent lather generator, luxury pillow like soft tips, nice gentle scrubber + excellent lather painter. Very nice brush to use with a decent handle to hold while enjoying those few moments in the morning shave.
Soap: Ach Brito Lavada cream, nice bright lavender scent with a touch of mind + excellent lather qualities.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavada:001_wub: with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results : 1-10 dial - Copy (2)3 template 9.5.1.jpg or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: excellent shave this morning with my Gem Micromatic flying wing with a coated Gem blade.
SOTD August 17 2023.jpg

Have some great shaves!

Thursday
Preshave: LaRoche Posay Lipikar Wash AP+ /Cremo Coconut-Mango Shave Cream
Razor: Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
Blade: Gillette London Bridge
Brush: DS Cosmetic Ken Surfs 2020 Limited Edition 2-band
Soap: TOBS Lavender
Aftershave: Thayer’s Rose Petal Witch Hazel /Alum
Balm: Stirling Piacenza

SOTD AUGUST 17th
AUGUST 2023 GRUME
ARKO AUGUST 2023

Hello friends

Beautiful winter day here and a 3 day beard…perfect for a tub of Arko and Merkur Progress (5/4/3). Nacet (3), Semogue 830 and Aqua Velva Ice Blue are spectacular, as always.

With us is the magnificent Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis.

Rating: 9,5

Have a nice day and great shaves.
❤️🪒

E833091A-4AF1-434E-91A0-0A659C5D1261.jpeg
IMG_0669.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom