What's new

🐱 🐢 🦑 🐴 🐷 πŸ… πŸ¦‘ 🐠 🐍 πŸ¦‡ 🐊 SOTD β€œAnimal Week” August 14th - 20th, 2023 🐱 🐢 🦑 🐴 🐷 πŸ… πŸ¦‘ 🐠 🐍 πŸ¦‡ 🐊

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20230813_230606_399.jpg

SOTD from India
If you have read my previous SOTDs, you can see that everything else is constant (even the stubble growth) except the razor-blade combination. I am trying to figure out my favorite blade. Sometimes I shave:
  • 3 days in a row (for office)
  • twice/thrice a week
  • once in 7-10 days (on rare occasions)
So far, my razor choice for each is:
  • 7-10 days of stubble: Romer-7 Platinum OC (very aggressive razor, highly efficient, mows down 90% of 10 days of growth in a single pass). Weighs just around 45 gm. Head heavier, lighter handle
  • 2-3 days of growth: Romer-7 Wazir (medium aggressive). Heavier handle compared to Platinum. Quite efficient, cuts 80% of 3 days of stubble in a single pass)
  • Daily: Undecided (Gillette Permasharp, Gillette Super Platinum, Gillette Sterling)
The output was very smooth and clean face. A result that any cartridge razor can't achieve.

I did feel as something very sharp has been pressed and moved against the skin. You can call it a razor bite but I am not sure yet. I think it could be the razor or the blade or a combination of both. I will try more blades and see. As usual, DCRAF heals the wounded face, one of the best post-shave things out there in market. Sadly, out of production now.
Β 

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Is this soap very old? How old is he and what are your shaving sensations?
I am not sure of the age but probably 1970s. I have many Yardley soaps, including Black Label, in both puck and stick form, some much older than this one. My oldest Yardley soap is more than 100 years old. Yardley soaps produce a lather similar to tallow Tabac or Shulton Old Spice, but with the oldest examples the scent has usually faded. If you are specifically a fan of vintage products, as I am, then I recommend seeking out Yardley, but in truth the performance is no better than any other quality modern soap.
Β 
SOTD AUGUST 14th
AUGUST 2023 GRUME
ARKO AUGUST 2023

Hello friends,

Cloudy start to the week. Today, I opted for a smoother shave. Arko, Omega 48 Pro, Green Cult 2.0 plate II, GSB (5) and FloΓ―d The Genuine. A simple and wonderful DFS!

Accompanied by us was the brilliant Coleman Hawkins playing the tenor.

Rating: 9

Have a nice week and great shaves.
❀️πŸͺ’

3ACFF586-AD07-486D-BF9D-A9AE1AE12FD6.jpeg
IMG_0553.jpeg
Β 
Last edited:
SOTD: 08/14/2023

Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Lord Platinum, 2nd use
Brush: PAA Amber Aerolite
Preshave: PAA The Cube 2.0
Soap: Ariana and Evans Pedro Fiasco's Limoncello Cream
Aftershave: Ariana and Evans Pedro Fiasco's Limoncello Aftershave
Balm: PAA Star Jelly Scentless Gel
Additional Care: Maggard’s Alum Block
Additional Care: Thayer’s Coconut Water Witch Hazel
Fragrance: Caron Yatagan EdT

4.5 out of 5

First use of the Lord Blade in the Blackbird, don’t think I’ll be using this together again it just wasn’t a comfortable shave, no irritation and a more than acceptable shave just uncomfortable
IMG_5636.jpeg
Β 
IMG_5843.jpeg

Razor: Weck Sextoblade
Blade: Personna Hair Shaper (D3)
Razor: Eversharp-Schick Injector G4
Blade: sChick Injector

Lather: Stirling Soap Company Executive Man
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T1
Bowl: Van Yulay Honey Comb Travel Bowl

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Company Executive Man w/ Menthol added

Back to the Sextoblade but this time I did some experimentation. I decided to use my new menthol crystal grinder for the first time to add a menthol kick to my shave. I also tried out my new Van Yulay shaving bowl.

As I said before, I just love the shave I get from this Weck. It cuts my thick facial hair with such ease and even though it requires a lot of close attention, I genuinely welcome the task as the result is amazing. I did however decide to make things easy on myself by using the Injector razor for the against the grain pass.

The bowl is silicone and has a honeycomb pattern to it. This textured surface helps to build lather rather quickly. I was both surprised and impressed with the results of this design.

Mine measures 4 1/2 inches at its widest but did feel a little small in hand. Van Yulay does however have other larger options. With all that said, once I used it I found it to be more than adequate. To be honest I rather liked it. I will most definitely take and use this when traveling.

The grinder is an interesting tool. I discovered that it doesn't work so well with large crystals and functions better with smaller pieces but I did go slowly and only added a small amount. Turns out that's all that was needed. I got a nice chilling effect from it and even added some to my hand before pouring some aftershave.

Overall this was a fun shave and a nice learning experience. I'm thoroughly happy with all of my new hardware and look forward to using them again.

Take care and enjoy your shaves.
Β 
Last edited:

Tews-Day SOTD
20230813_154349 (2).jpg

Razor: Hiram Commander
Blade: Feather Pro (D2)
Brush: Simpson M7 Platinium 22mm
Bowl: Supply Provision Marble 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: PAA Ice Cube 2
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: Beaver WoodWright Thomas Tew
Balm: Beaver WoodWright Thomas Tew
Aftershave: Beaver WoodWright Thomas Tew
​
Β 

SOTD: 15th August 2023.

7.jpg

​
Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body+Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap.
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Frankenlather: Ingram Menthol +Derby Menthol Shave Cream.
Blade: Voskhod Teflon Coated. (D1)
Razor: SNMIRN Adjustable. (settings) 4-wtg,8-atg,+pick ups.

Cold water Face & Head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum./ Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning face & head shave,

The Ingram+Derby Menthol frankenlather & Benjamin's Mentholated Bay Rum is a wonderful combo making making my early morning face & head shave a pleasurable cooling experience.

A enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Replenishing PSB.

My face is feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. πŸ˜‰

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. 😎

​
Β 

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_6784.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10066 Boar.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Arko.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) China: Razor Blade Yellow/Pink Flying Eagle.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: Cologne Jovan Musk.
Β 
Tue 15
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Island Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Arctic Sky Deep Blue
Razor Lakeside Cutlery Chicago, ILL
Fabulous lather from this soap, it is richly creamy and slick! Together with the matching splash, the scent is wonderful!
It was a buttery smooth, soft & crisply keen shave with this razor. Enjoyed 3 passes mowing down a 3 days growth for a bbs-dfs finish...
20230815_165627.jpg
Β 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom