What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

Gold twig
proxy.php

- Fayiz D.

Schick Injector F obtained from a fellow B&B member.

Before

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

After Some dish soap, autosol polish and elbow grease later. Some more work needed or I'll let it be as is.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
Really like your before and after photos. I personally would just stop and enjoy shaving with this cool razor. I usually leave tarnish on newly acquired razors to reflect their venerable age. That said, I do have some re-plated razors.

Really like your before and after photos. I personally would just stop and enjoy shaving with this cool razor. I usually leave tarnish on newly acquired razors to reflect their venerable age. That said, I do have some re-plated razors.
Appreciate the thoughts and yes I do agree that while it can be restored to better than pristine in some cases, some signs of age to show and respect its vintage is a good thing.

Sent from my SM-A705GM using Tapatalk

Thanks for the photos of this really unique razor. I had to look it up in Safety Razor Compendium to determine how it works. I'm guessing the Collins Co. had the rotary, windup razor market all to itself. Do let everyone know how it shaves.

This Collins isn’t the windup version like the Stahly. That’s the version with the super fat handle. The blades aren’t super sharp, and I don’t hone. I might try and get them sharpened.

This Collins isn’t the windup version like the Stahly. That’s the version with the super fat handle. The blades aren’t super sharp, and I don’t hone. I might try and get them sharpened.
Thanks for the update. Sounds like fun to get the blades sharpened and try it at least one time.

Rarest of the DeHavens seems to be this Model No.4. NOS in shipper but packed with a blade for the No. 3. Certainly one of Dehaven's downfalls was changing blade types three times during their brief production period.
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
Thanks for sharing photos of this rare razor.

Top Bottom