What's new

Single Edge Razor Acquisition Thread.

Mail call!

proxy.php

I definitely wasn't looking for lather catcher(s). But I seem to have about 1.5 of them now. "Cased".
B880E4A7-1047-446E-A139-01139AE70D22.jpeg

The bottom of the tins is a capped blade compartment. The tin box apparently had its own patent, presumably on the blade compartment feature.

The heads are largely identical, with different engraving (extremely florid on both) and minor differences in the blade spring clip retainers on the side rails.

Had 4 Auto Strops come in from the bay. I just wanted a B model with good blade stops to get an Army Issue B back in service, and the other three came along for the ride in a lot buy. I knew one of the VC1s had a broken blade stop, and it and the B that I swapped the guard out for are on either end, and the Army vet is sitting on the box with a vintage blade that came in the lot purchase. The donor B had a worn blade holder so it was sub par from the start, but the Army is now nice and tight and ready for tomorrow’s shave.
2EF2138C-94EB-4E13-A7D2-DF0256764895.jpeg

Fast trip to deposit the third back with his housemates at his university town. Dropped him, got to stop at one of my favorite vintage joints just before closing. Nice cased Schick E, 4th variant (per BBS-1), plus a diminutive COLGATE & CO. SHAVING STICK tube. Nice price, and seller extended a discount. Bonus!
B0B2A38A-16F3-49A6-8F21-8B0D28B0EC71.jpeg

804429E4-BA47-4A79-8262-46EDD7EF861D.jpeg

I like the bold tigerish stripes. I'll clean and disinfect it tomorrow. The case is in great shape. No blades in the brass cartridge.

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Fast trip to deposit the third back with his housemates at his university town. Dropped him, got to stop at one of my favorite vintage joints just before closing. Nice cased Schick E, 4th variant, plus a diminutive COLGATE & CO. SHAVING STICK tube. Nice price, and extended a discount. Bonus!
View attachment 1243411
View attachment 1243412
I like the bold tigerish stripes. I'll clean and disinfect it tomorrow. The case is in great shape. No blades in the brass cartridge.
That is a really good stop you made my friend! When I stop being so lazy I'll dig mine out and get some pics.

Top Bottom