What's new

Sig or Glock

I only shot one Glock, and that was over 20 years ago and was not impressed. I honestly do not remember which model. Today I picked up a Sig P365, and while I have not yet shot it, am impressed with the trigger, especially for a striker fired model.

Glock is no frills but reliable, utilitarian, and as reliable and most of the other major players. Sigs are butt ugly, but there are few guns I’ve shot as well as I have a sig. That being said, as a former pistol instructor and salesman, sig has horrid customer service and I’ve seen far more need to return sigs for service and repairs than I have seen with glocks.

I don't know anything about sigs, but my only issue with my Glock 19 is you have to pull the trigger to disassemble it.
Not a big deal when i keep it cleared at home. Magazine close by for the boogie man. Its just one of them things that I am conscious of.

I used to not like Glocks but I went on a date with my wife to a shooting range and rented their glock 17. We fired probably 50 rounds or so through it and the store owner just wiped the outside and put it back on the shelf.

But didn't all the ones that bought all the TP also buy all Glocks and Sigs off the shelves??? Ohh and then just to top the second cart, took all the ammo.

Just go with your gut pick one and don't look back, you can't go wrong with either. I just picked up a Glock 48 and love it.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I don't know anything about sigs, but my only issue with my Glock 19 is you have to pull the trigger to disassemble it.
Not a big deal when i keep it cleared at home.
Magazine close by for the boogie man. Its just one of them things that I am conscious of.

I used to not like Glocks but I went on a date with my wife to a shooting range and rented their glock 17. We fired probably 50 rounds or so through it and the store owner just wiped the outside and put it back on the shelf.

I don't see why pulling the trigger on a Glock before disassembly would be anymore of an issue with pistols that you don't have to pull the trigger on.

Just about every manual for every pistol out there that is made, suggests the owner should check the chamber of a firearm before disassembly. I check the chamber of every firearm I pick up, even if/when I already know it's empty.

Last edited:

OkieStubble

But didn't all the ones that bought all the TP also buy all Glocks and Sigs off the shelves??? Ohh and then just to top the second cart, took all the ammo.

Lol'd. :)

Just go with your gut pick one and don't look back, you can't go wrong with either. I just picked up a Glock 48 and love it.

What I like about the Glock 48 is, it is the same dimensions as the Glock 19, but thinner. This makes makes for a much more comfortable concealed carry then the G19. Add in the fact, that you can purchase 15 round flush magazines for it from Shield Arms and you can also have the same round capacity as a Glock 19, but in a lighter and thinner and easier to carry everyday package and still have that famous Glock accuracy, reliability and durability.

How can one go wrong with a Glock 48? :)

What I like about the Glock 48 is, it is the same dimensions as the Glock 19, but thinner. This makes makes for a much more comfortable concealed carry then the G19. Add in the fact, that you can purchase 15 round flush magazines for it from Shield Arms and you can also have the same round capacity as a Glock 19, but in a lighter and thinner and easier to carry everyday package and still have that famous Glock accuracy, reliability and durability.

Glock 43x nd 48 MOS will be released soon and they also have a rail now! And stay away from the Sig Romeo 0 sight (not good at all)

I have and carry both a Sig and Glock. The sig is an SP2022 and the Glock is a G43. Both are outstanding weapons! Just depends on where I'm going and what I'm doing in that days selection.

OkieStubble

Glock 43x nd 48 MOS will be released soon and they also have a rail now! And stay away from the Sig Romeo 0 sight (not good at all)

Great info on the Glocks. That brightens my day. :)

I had a feeling about the Romeo Zero, when MAC (military arms channel) told you tubers he was going to do a endurance video on the zero, but Sig notified him saying they wanted him to wait until they sent him the new steel protection cover they had for the zero.

That cover is huge and hideous.

I have a Glock 19, a 1911, and a Beretta Brigadier. I like them all but for self defense
and everyday carry I go with the Glock. It's dependable, and that's what counts when it matters.
Not saying others aren't as I haven't handled or shot many, it's what you are comfortable with.
My Beretta came from Wilson Combat with an action job, the slide is like ice with an excellent trigger.
It's my favorite gun to shoot.

While I have and love my SIG 365, I don't think it's craftmanship is anything special. It is certainly not the craftmanship found in the larger, older, all metal SIGs.

Totally agree. Fit and finish does not seem to compare to my P938 and P238 and the are not larger and what I would call much older, only a couple of years older than my P365. No flies on the 365 either, the trigger pull while longer, to be expected with a striker fired gun, is ever bit as good as the 938 and 238, plus after putting an XL grip module on it it feels better in the hand, although not quite as easy to conceal.

I need to quit being a Glockmeister and start collecting some of those wonderful and awesome classic wood & steel pistols before they can't be found anymore. 20 years from now, no one is going to drop their jaw and ooh and aww because I pull a Glock out of the safe that I bought in the 80's and show it to them.

They will a Browning High Power. :)
I never bought into the Glock koolaid. My brother in law had one about 20 years ago, tried it and did not like it, and I do not remember which model. I already had a custom Browning Hi Power, a couple of Cold Gold Cups, on in 10mm auto, and a couple of Kimber 1911's before getting my little Sig P938 and P238. My Browning was my first of the 1911 types, and it is similar enough to the Colt that I think of it as a 1911 type. After a little work by myself then off to Cylinder and Slide for match barrel, CNC milled sear and hammer along with extended safety and slide release it is a fantastic gun. I had previously removed the magazine safety, which only prevented firing with the magazine removed, a rather useless feature in my opinion, and that improved the trigger, then added as C&S wide trigge

I wouldn't necessarily call it the Glock koolaid, I think it's reputation for reliability, simplicity
and durability certainly contribute to it's popularity.

Last year I took a Civilian Police Academy course run by our local police department. One night of the course was instructional on guns and gun safety. The instructor of the course said that all police are given Glocks: a 17 or 19 and a 43 for concealed purposes. However, if they can pass a special course they can carry any 9mm pistol. I asked why Glocks were chosen. His answer: they work and are reliable. He said in the five years he has been in charge he has never heard of any malfunction of a Glock. Previously the department used Beretta pistols but they ran into too many malfunctions with the pistol. Plus, he said some officers complained about the weight of the pistol.

Will that fit the 48 without having to modify the pistol?

Top Bottom