What's new

Sig or Glock

Trying to Choose between a Glock 43x, Sig p365 or Glock 19 Gen 4 or 5. I know these guns serve completely different purposes. But I’ve shot them all, liked them all but can’t decide which one to invest in? Opinions?

If your going to carry go with the 365, its very easy to conceal and shoots great. G19 gen5 if your using as a home defense or range gun.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
As you say, they serve different purposes. If you don't have something comparable to the Glock 19 in size and capacity, that is the one to start with, IMHO. All are winners in my book.

I have a standard 226 9mm, standard 229 40 caliber, and a 226 9mm from the custom shop. All are fantastic pistols. No complaints here.

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
If your going to carry go with the 365, its very easy to conceal and shoots great. G19 gen5 if your using as a home defense or range gun.
What Juddster said — only thing I would add, and I know you didn’t ask :), is that an HK P30SK will do any & everything those three pistols you mentioned can do & it will do them well. Be it a DA/SA or LEM with a 10, 13 or 15-round mag, the P30SK is an amazing weapon. And if it’s a striker-fired piece you’re wanting, well, have a look at an HK VP9SK.

Glock 26. Another consideration. But..my 43X with a Sam Andrews Saddle Holster is pretty close to as good as it gets. A Milt Sparks Summer Special II if you must go IWB gets it all done.
9772990A-4FE7-48D8-9090-09EA8DD417EC.jpeg

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Bottom line is, the Glock 19 is the standard for medium sized, moderately high capacity 9mm pistols. It's the Goldilocks pistol, not too big, not too small, reliable as the day is long. It does what it's supposed to do every time. Not sexy, just right.

Sold all of my Sigs the past two years... P220 .45 ACP with Virgil Tripp Hard Chromed Slide, P226 Navy 9mm, P239 357 Sig... no longer wanted DA/SA. The Glock 19 remains. Might pick up a Sig P365... The DW CCO 1911 .45 ACP is my primary Carry. Have enjoyed keeping it simple!

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I still have three Sig Sauers but no Glocks. But then I have very few polymer framed guns. I still almost always carry steel.

Top Bottom