What's new

Sig or Glock

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
The 43x is pretty versatile. It’s a nice “between” the 365 and the 19.

Agreed. If I could have dropped the magazine free on the P365 without it hitting the bottom of my hand and sticking, I wouldn't own a G43X. But I couldn't, so now I own a 43X and not a P365. However, I sold that P365 to a young, 23 year old female officer fresh out of her academy who chooses to carry a new Sig 320X as her service weapon.

So it worked out for her and I. She can't stand Glock's. :)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
What are your thoughts on getting a GP100?

It's just fun!

Never showed it to an enemy, praise the Lord, but all my semi-auto friends love it.

I have a Ruger SP101 I really like, so probably wouldn't get a GP 100. Wouldn't mind owning an older Ruger Security 6 though? :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I have a Ruger SP101 I really like, so probably wouldn't get a GP 100. Wouldn't mind owning an older Ruger Security 6 though? :)
Yeah, if I live long enough I will have an SP101 and an old Security 6.

A man can dream, right, lol.

I just like ole man Ruger. He was a character.

I have that effect on people: they meet me and semi automatically become my friend!

Seriously, the GP100 is a great revolver, but your shots are limited to six and in today's nasty World that ain't enough. Imagine yourself stumbling into the middle of an Antifa riot by accident. Loading any DA revolver under extreme pressure isn't easy even with lots of training & experience. I love revolvers, but their day has come & gone as a primary CCW IMO, unless you live in Mayberry RFD.

Last edited by a moderator:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Seriously, the GP100 is a great revolver, but your shots are limited to six and in today's nasty World that ain't enough. Imagine yourself stumbling into the middle of an Antifa riot by accident. Loading any DA revolver under extreme pressure isn't easy even with lots of training & experience. I love revolvers, but their day has come & gone as a primary CCW IMO, unless you live in Mayberry RFD.
True, on all counts.

My hometown is still closer to Mayberry than to Chicago, but I do find myself in Flint Michigan more and more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sig is a beautiful weapon no doubt but I prefer the no muss no fuss action of the Glock. I didn't like the extra decocking step with the Sig.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
I really wonder if this Glock vs Sig debate is like cats and dogs?

Or is it, open comb vs solid bar?

Or is it, cartridge razor vs DE?
Actually, although I've owned many classics Sigs over the years and still have three there are no current generation Sigs I would even consider buying or keeping if one was given to me. I have no dislike of Glocks, just no interest in any that I've handled. It's not a matter of materials, I have and really like a few polymer framed guns and was an early adopter of that design. It's not a matter of firing systems since I own and almost daily carry a striker fired pistol. As I said above, it's not a matter of dislike as much as simply no interest in anything they have announced for sale.

And I like both open comb and solid bar and use both. I like DE and SE and use both. I don't use cartridges but as with Glocks, I have nothing against them but simply no interest.

I like dogs and cats but right now my two cats are enough. But I must admit to still having an interest in another dog someday.

Actually, although I've owned many classics Sigs over the years and still have three there are no current generation Sigs I would even consider buying or keeping if one was given to me. I have no dislike of Glocks, just no interest in any that I've handled. It's not a matter of materials, I have and really like a few polymer framed guns and was an early adopter of that design. It's not a matter of firing systems since I own and almost daily carry a striker fired pistol. As I said above, it's not a matter of dislike as much as simply no interest in anything they have announced for sale.

Wow. Great job. I mean it. This whole thread, this whole "debate," resolved in one, easily read, simply stated paragraph. As a gun owner, I'm grateful that we have so many choices.:thumbup:

Don

I have a policy of not telling anyone what to buy. We are completely spoiled for choice these days with so many great options. I have been carrying guns for over 30 years in numerous capacities including mil, civ, and leo. Sometimes you are told exactly what gun you will carry and what rounds it will hold. Other times you get to decide for yourself.

If you were an adult in the 80's you will remember what a controversial subject these new Tupperware guns were. It created quite a stir. They are boringly simple tools that get the job done in most conditions. They weren't designed to be pretty.

Here is my Gen 1 G17 that I will never part with.

IMG_2722.JPG
IMG_2722.JPG

I think when most people refer to the Sig in this instance of Glock vs. Sig, they are referring to the Sig of old. Great looking lines, hammer fired double action. It is indeed a good looking pistol. However, I don't think it's very fair to the Sig of old, like the P226, P228 to be compared to a Glock, which was considered to be sort of revolutionary at the time of it's introduction in the mid '80's. Most other companies who make a decent striker fired pistol, actually took several decades for many of those firearm manufacturers, to get on the Glock bandwagon and start making their own striker fired pistols in order to draw from the Glock's overwhelming popularity and enormous following.

Sig has just recently got into the striker fired game, with their Sig 320 lines and their micro compact P365. When Glock was designed in the mid 1980's it was and has remained a very business like looking pistol along with it's, very business like and extreme accuracy, reliability and it's famous reputation of almost indestructibility from many different types and kinds of torture tests. Now that many elite military groups, have turned to the Glock 19 to issue to their operators, including the Navy Seals who once issued the venerable 1911 .45 and the Sig 226 which they dubbed, the Mk 25 now, also issue the Glock 19 to it's operators.

Surely, the Glock detractors will mention that SEAL operators can carry whatever they want, but it doesn't change the fact that the Seal organization has now officially adopted the Glock 19 as their standard issued pistol.

Glock has spent a couple of decades now, earning it's great reputation and legendary status amongst the world's military elite, law enforcement agencies and civilians, almost, cult like following. There will always be that generation who attempt to deflect this earned right of passage by Glock as if they feel like Glock's viability in the world, somehow detracts from the honor they hold and the memories of earlier times when the heavy weighted, double action, hammer fired pistols of wood & steel design were all the rage.

I can personally see, why Sigs of yesteryear, like the P226 and others would be compared to others of the same genre and style like the Beretta 92FS, CZ 75, 1911 and others. However, the Glock should only be compared against like striker fired pistols like the S&W M&P, Springfield XD, and the Sig P320 line of pistols.

And when comparing these newer, modern striker fired pistols to the Glock, it should be noted and recorded, They have had 40 years more then Glock, with advanced technologies in engineering & design and in working with innovative plastics and other materials, for their fairly new production striker fired pistols.

And yet, Glock, which was designed in the 80's, still holds their own with these others advantage, who are just now putting out compatible striker fired pistols' to compete with the Glock, 40 YEARS later. It's not a coincidence, that most companies who once only made hammer fired double actions, now make striker fired pistols? Is Glock making hammer fired double actions like them? No.

While most all striker fired pistols look the same to me, Sig's 320 line of striker fired pistols have some pretty nice looking lines. So do others, like the S&W M&P. But it still remains to be seen, if they can build a reputation of absolute dependability across the board as Glock has done. Early representatives of the P320 and P365 series of pistols says, no. But time, will definitely always tell and help them get it right, eventually. But we should always recognize the fact, Glock got it right the first time, 40 years ago.

If this doesn't impress one with the Glock, regardless of whether they prefer it or not, then it just makes one look, prideful? :)
Spot ON

I have a MPD turn in in G17 /Gen1. #3rd Owner. It does not get the range/carry time. I am going to recommit to IDPA in 2020. Perhaps I should just shoot SSP with the Gen 1 G17 and drive on.

I went with a Sig P320 for home defense. I tried just about every Glock there is and not one of them fit my hand comfortably.
Got the package with my Sig that includes 4 21rd magazines.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Ginger or Maryanne, eh?

Sig good. Glock good.

Colt good ... Walther good ... Smith good ...

AA

Edit: forgot Ruger. They're good.

Top Bottom