What's new

Sig or Glock

It depends in which type SIG. The old P Series "folded" slide models were great, but required far more maintenance than any Glock and had to be run "wet". I've owned Glocks since 1986 and never had an issue that caused a malf other than the rare bad cartridge. That includes one broken trigger spring with which a Glock will still function. There simply is no better handgun for hard usage. If I had to HALO jump into a Third World Hellhole tomorrow I would choose a 9mm Glock.

How do you carry? Appendix, 5 O'Clock, shoulder rig, etc?

Do you want/need optics/RMR? Weapon mounted light?

How big are your hands? Do you have any physical limitations?

How much training have you had? How much do you shoot?

All too often, people confuse the tool with the task.

Both are great guns that will serve you well. Id personally go with the Sig because Glocks are kind of boring. Glocks are kind of the Toyota Corolla of the handgun world. Yeah, they work but theres no soul.

I really wonder if this Glock vs Sig debate is like cats and dogs?

Or is it, open comb vs solid bar?

Or is it, cartridge razor vs DE?

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
I really wonder if this Glock vs Sig debate is like cats and dogs?

Or is it, open comb vs solid bar?

Or is it, cartridge razor vs DE?

I think when most people refer to the Sig in this instance of Glock vs. Sig, they are referring to the Sig of old. Great looking lines, hammer fired double action. It is indeed a good looking pistol. However, I don't think it's very fair to the Sig of old, like the P226, P228 to be compared to a Glock, which was considered to be sort of revolutionary at the time of it's introduction in the mid '80's. Most other companies who make a decent striker fired pistol, actually took several decades for many of those firearm manufacturers, to get on the Glock bandwagon and start making their own striker fired pistols in order to draw from the Glock's overwhelming popularity and enormous following.

Sig has just recently got into the striker fired game, with their Sig 320 lines and their micro compact P365. When Glock was designed in the mid 1980's it was and has remained a very business like looking pistol along with it's, very business like and extreme accuracy, reliability and it's famous reputation of almost indestructibility from many different types and kinds of torture tests. Now that many elite military groups, have turned to the Glock 19 to issue to their operators, including the Navy Seals who once issued the venerable 1911 .45 and the Sig 226 which they dubbed, the Mk 25 now, also issue the Glock 19 to it's operators.

Surely, the Glock detractors will mention that SEAL operators can carry whatever they want, but it doesn't change the fact that the Seal organization has now officially adopted the Glock 19 as their standard issued pistol.

Glock has spent a couple of decades now, earning it's great reputation and legendary status amongst the world's military elite, law enforcement agencies and civilians, almost, cult like following. There will always be that generation who attempt to deflect this earned right of passage by Glock as if they feel like Glock's viability in the world, somehow detracts from the honor they hold and the memories of earlier times when the heavy weighted, double action, hammer fired pistols of wood & steel design were all the rage.

I can personally see, why Sigs of yesteryear, like the P226 and others would be compared to others of the same genre and style like the Beretta 92FS, CZ 75, 1911 and others. However, the Glock should only be compared against like striker fired pistols like the S&W M&P, Springfield XD, and the Sig P320 line of pistols.

And when comparing these newer, modern striker fired pistols to the Glock, it should be noted and recorded, They have had 40 years more then Glock, with advanced technologies in engineering & design and in working with innovative plastics and other materials, for their fairly new production striker fired pistols.

And yet, Glock, which was designed in the 80's, still holds their own with these others advantage, who are just now putting out compatible striker fired pistols' to compete with the Glock, 40 YEARS later. It's not a coincidence, that most companies who once only made hammer fired double actions, now make striker fired pistols? Is Glock making hammer fired double actions like them? No.

While most all striker fired pistols look the same to me, Sig's 320 line of striker fired pistols have some pretty nice looking lines. So do others, like the S&W M&P. But it still remains to be seen, if they can build a reputation of absolute dependability across the board as Glock has done. Early representatives of the P320 and P365 series of pistols says, no. But time, will definitely always tell and help them get it right, eventually. But we should always recognize the fact, Glock got it right the first time, 40 years ago.

If this doesn't impress one with the Glock, regardless of whether they prefer it or not, then it just makes one look, prideful? :)

Last edited:
I would too. But a Walther striker fired isn't any prettier then a Glock to me.
Just as the Glock isn't any more reliable than the Walther is. The Walther has a history that Glock doesnt, even if Walther's history is more infamous than it is famous. ;)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OkieStubble

Just as the Glock isn't any more reliable than the Walther is. The Walther has a history that Glock doesnt, even if Walther's history is more infamous than it is famous. ;)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Again, Walther's history comes by their hammer fired pistols, not their striker fired innovation. They used Glock as the blue print. I really like Walther's PPS series of striker fired line. I think they are excellent.

OkieStubble

Rob is a Glockmeister, don't doubt him, he speaks the truth!

I need to quit being a Glockmeister and start collecting some of those wonderful and awesome classic wood & steel pistols before they can't be found anymore. 20 years from now, no one is going to drop their jaw and ooh and aww because I pull a Glock out of the safe that I bought in the 80's and show it to them.

They will a Browning High Power. :)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What are your thoughts on getting a GP100?

It's just fun!

Never showed it to an enemy, praise the Lord, but all my semi-auto friends love it.

Top Bottom