What's new

Show us your daggers

Ad Astra

The Instigator
View attachment 1177234View attachment 1177235

Top pic, classic Gerbers

Bottom pic, James Keating designed "Argentine" custom by Black Cloud knives. Not sure it if qualifies as a dagger, but it is double edged and razor sharp. The knife is definitely a fighter, designed for both snap cuts and thrusting. Wicked fast. It's kydex sheath is made for IWB carry. Very slim profile and easy to conceal.

Love the bottom one; has a "cho," usually found on khukuries.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
All right. I promised a couple things at the beginning of the thread, can't have anyone call Bravo Sierra on me!

Here's a Boker Swiss Baselard.

full

I had no idea they got so valuable. I have carried it, though I didn't exactly baton firewood with it.

full

Though Swiss, they go back to a Viking design. I've heard a few things.

The handle is cherry. Wanted to know the handling characteristics of such.

AA

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Now, a $15 knife! :lol:

The "Klenk Murder Knife" is a wallboard knife used by professionals.

Made in Taiwan, they are actually very very good bugout bag knives. Found on Amazon for $15-20.

No murder is involved. The nickname comes from an old friend in BF (another forum) who used these at work to tear out insulation and wallboard. His coworker was afraid of them or something. To me, two edges are simply practical. People see weapons where there are not - and sometimes fail to see weapons, conversely. Intent is everything. However.

There are two styles; one with plain wood handles and this one with rubber/poly. The wood one(s) are lost in various bags! but this one was handy. They are cheap enough to dull/break and toss!

full

AA

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Lastly, another Boker, believe it or not.

full

M3 is a WWII knife that only lasted a year. Has an interesting story, it morphed into a family of bayonets. I do prefer KaBars but wanted one of these as well.

This Boker came with a heavy GI-style sheath; I got this one elsewhere ... more authentic/preferred. Boker actually did make 31,300 of these during the war.

AA

Last edited:

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
All right. I promised a couple things at the beginning of the thread, can't have anyone call Bravo Sierra on me!

Here's a Boker Swiss Baselard.

full

I had no idea they got so valuable. I have carried it, though I didn't exactly baton firewood with it.

full

Though Swiss, they go back to a Viking design. I've heard a few things.

The handle is cherry. Wanted to know the handling characteristics of such.

AA

Thats nice!

If you've sharpened it, you did a fantastic job.

The "Klenk Murder Knife" is a wallboard knife used by professionals.

Is that a full tang knife? I like the serrations. I bet they cut rope really well.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Oh heck no. That's the Boker factory edge.

I thought so. The point is perfect. I'd really need to concentrate to keep it that even on a stone.

The wood-handle Klenk knives are visibly full tang. This one, I believe so ...

Hmmm. $16!

Klenk Tools DA71000 Dual Duct / Insulation Knife - Rosewood Handle, includes nylon Ripstop sheath. *********** Best Seller ********** - https://www.ironworkerstool.com/product-p/klenk%20da71000.htm

That’s pretty cool. What conflict was that used in?

The blade is German, and the scabbard looks to be from a WW1 bayonet. I like it a lot.
The complete ensemble could be german WWI as there where a lot of issued and private purchase trench knives put into service. Not even a hunting style knife (Nicker, Hirschfänger) is that uncommon. A metal scabbard - if not retrofitted - should be a sign of being officialy issued.

Example

Example 2

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
Ah yeah. Mine is the same. The knurling on your handle is more like the early ones with the s guard. Thought it might be Wilkinson Sword.

Ah yeah. Mine is the same. The knurling on your handle is more like the early ones with the s guard. Thought it might be Wilkinson Sword.
I wish it was a Wilkinson Sword! Well done with the 'Chopper' only two of you have picked it up, both from down under. Fair dinkum!

Top Bottom